• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Righty-ho. Two questions:

1) Anyone remember the coupon bot you friend request to get junk coupons off? He could be very useful in a sale, depending on what you want...

2) Hammerwatch - yay or nay? Time sensitive, this one.

Hammerwatch - I did not like it. It was a repetitive, slightly boring, Gauntlet clone. Maybe more fun co-op but not likely. I put a few hours into it before giving up completely.

KorrZ

Skyrim, Rogue Legacy & Outlast...fuck. I'm in $19 deep already. This is a bad sign of things to come.

Last sale Skyrim only went down to $20! Now it's down to $7....how could I resist? Time to convert my 360 save finally.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jørdan;91528867 said:
First and last purchase less than a minute into the sale when the prices went live, no regrets.

The DLC costs more than the game. lol

That being said, time to buy Dragonborn! Woooo

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is Skyrim Legendary Edition at 66% the lowest it'll go, considering Skyrim vanilla is the daily?

Also wondering the same for the 66% for Dishonored GOTY.

Martian

I hope fallout goes on sale. I gave away a couple of games last sale, and I want to gift a few copies of fnv this time as well

pretty sure winter sale last year had the same exact discount %s as the autumn sale

so don't bother waiting if you see a daily you want

Jørdan;91528867 said:
First and last purchase less than a minute into the sale when the prices went live, no regrets.

Even if you don't end up enjoying the vanilla game, there are so many quality mods to make it worth it. Just exploring the world for a few hours justifies the price.

Such a great deal.

BPoole

The Humble Store is having a sale as well

sCzaRzB.jpg

Apdiddy

Just got Outlast, Wasteland and Wizardry 6 - 8.

Until Amnesia: Machine For Pigs, Risk Of Rain, and Valdis Story go on sale, that will be it.

AHA-Lambda

Can I just express my displeasure at the lack of discounts on DuckTales, Democracy 3 and the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass :mad:

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I feel so tempted to break a rule out of boredom. Anyone think the Rocksmith stuff will go greater than 50%?

Cody_D165

Banned
Reposting for this thread!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-A3B279F4C403D58D

t1385587874z1.png

The_Monk

If it is okay, I'm going to post this small/silly guide I made last week.

--------

Hello fellow GAFfers, as well all know, autumn, is characterized by the dropping temperature, leaves turning yellow and days feeling shorter.
This may give some nostalgic mood for some, others will decide it’s better to stay warm at home after a long day of work or study. With the upcoming Steam sale, you will have many opportunities to grab some neat titles to play in those days. Below I will list a couple of small things that make the experience better for myself, hope you find it useful and I hope you can relate to some of them.

The Monk's guide to enjoy the Autumn Steam Sale with the best Community ever created

Step 1 Create a realistic Budget

It’s important to know that two things might happen, you will spend less than expected or more than you should. To keep things real imagine a budget number. Then, add a below and above quantity. This will help you see on what step you are regarding your own budget. Remember that, everyone is different and each person have their own budgets so always respect everyone no matter how high or low their own budget is.

Step 2 Always welcome new members to Steam-GAF-Community, Steam first-timers or PC Gaming newcomers

It’s important to make every fellow GAFfer feel at home. I don’t believe in the “PC Master Race” line because there are games for every platform, operating system and different requirements. You can play on a Titan, on a Laptop or in a humble rig, it does not matter. There’s a game for everyone’s tastes, wallet and capabilities. It’s the fact that, no matter where we play or what we play, there’s a place for us to discuss and help each other while creating a friendly and warm place to everybody.

uCkb5Kb.png

Step 3 Create a realistic Wishlist

There are games that you can’t wait for them to go on sale, others you may feel tempted and some are on a low priority. By creating a Wishlist (you can also do it on a piece of paper or in a Excel sheet) it will help you on what games to focus leaving space for those others that may appear on a flash deal that you were not even expecting them. It’s always important to separate the games you really want for the games that you might get from flash sales and Community chosen votes. This can also help your budget limits. WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS (and so on) also applies here. Beware of the Hype levels one can reach during this time.

KmOugLi.png

Step 4 Accept or disregard a Backlog

You may have found that now you have more games than time to play them. Well, that happens, but fear not, games are something that are meant to be fun, not a chore. One thing that can help you focus on cleaning your Backlog is to play one or two games at a time with one Multiplayer game (if that’s your thing) to keep things balanced. I've noticed that, the more games I have installed the harder it is for me to finished them. Have you ever thought: “Hmm, I should play something!” then you scroll your library, take some time looking at it, then close it and go back to GAF? Using less installed games and keeping my tab on Installed helped me to focus on said games then install new ones when I’m done or tired of them.

Step 5 Rest, sleep enough hours and take care of yourself

Health is important. With all things going on in our lives, it sure feels good coming back to catch up with all the sales, the hype and the Community aspect that exist on GAF but also, it sure can be hard and tiring after a long day. You may feel sleepy and even stressed and you just want to relax, yet, you feel you would like to discover a little more about some game universe. Taking a book to the bed can be a good relaxing tip. Reading can bring you relaxation just before going to sleep, it also improves your reading and interpretation skills as well it motivates your brain to be more creative, imagining everything you are reading.

The book from my photo is called "Alan Wake files" Compiled by: Clay Steward

Step 6 Create your own environment to enjoy all of the above.

Imagine this: It’s getting colder, you just arrived home, your things are organized and everything is placed. You take a shower, put some comfy clothes and do everything that needs to be done in the house with your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, family, etc. Then it’s time for some gaming.
You grab a nice cup or hot coffee or some nice and warm tea. The game finished installing, you are ready to have a great time. You can see the hot vapors (Steam?) coming out of the mug of said coffee/tea, you look at the window and it’s getting dark. You can see it’s cold outside but you have been blessed by having a little game to play, a great Community to enjoy discussing it and you are now ready to have some fun and relaxation time. Because you deserve it. Feels good.

I also find some games to be best suited for a certain time of the year. The colors, the settings or even the season of the game can match the real time we are in. I find this to be more immersive. Let’s say, a game like Skyrim feels so much better to be played in the cold winter. I try to mix these two conditions since it makes gaming a little more fun to me.

The End.

:)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can I just express my displeasure at the lack of discounts on DuckTales, Democracy 3 and the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass :mad:

Yeah, it's crazy that these are the only deals they're running all week. I'd take their regular weekly sales over these.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I might buy a couple of gifts for netgeofff

I would like to give a little something back to the site that gave me a lot fo games

While quite generous, it would probably be better if you wait until you sober up a bit so you don't do anything too foolish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom