• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I would trade so many cards for a gift copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition.

SO MANY.

;_;

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Antichamber looks... weird. Don't know if want.

It may look weird, it may play weird, okay it's just all around weird, but it's an amazing experience and something I do highly recommend being played just to have you think more about all the designs, standards, and general tropes you've grown so used to in video games.

It will make you think, in a good way.

Though if it is too weird for you, how about Super House Of Dead Ninjas instead?

Clawww

Picked up some Sleeping Dogs DLC. Bought the game itself for $5 during the Halloween sale--amazing price for an amazing game. Eager to jump into new content.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
OO4Zs.gif
Wrong gif, good idea.

And Uncharted 3 is still my favorite part in the series, doesn't matter how much crap it gets on GAF.
I think.
So. That. Take it!
Buy stuff!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Jørdan;91530802 said:
Must have cleared up inventory space or there was a mad rush for junk, I dumped stuff a few days ago and it wasn't so sparse!

More like everything lapsed.

When discount coupons run out, they disappear. I had an entire page of coupons and now I only have 3 Toki Tori 2 coupons. They all ran out.

AHA-Lambda

I really need to be good this sale this time around, I've bought a PS4 and 3DS and lately most of the Steam games that I've bought and played were just because they were cheap and not because I had really wanted them tbh.

I'm ok from today's offerings at least :p

FloatOn

Rise of the Triad for $5.09 or 66% off is crazy tempting.

I don't give a damn about the campaign but is the multiplayer the modern quake 3 arena of my hopes and dreams?

Roto13

Maybe I'll get the rest of the Pinball FX tables. After the Humble Bundle, It's something like $11 or $12 to buy the rest of the tables that are on sale.

Risgroo

Just give me some Star Wars deals, I need to try Republic Commando.
I guess it's a bit early for 75% off Lords of Shadow and Enslaved?

Picked up some Sleeping Dogs DLC. Bought the game itself for $5 during the Halloween sale--amazing price for an amazing game. Eager to jump into new content.

Anything other than Nightmare in North Point worth getting? I just grabbed the base game and only played a little of it on PS+.

Myzer

A small warm-up before Christmas.

I've been meaning to get it for a while, so looks like its time for some Rogue Legacy.

AHA-Lambda

Antichamber looks... weird. Don't know if want.

I've only tried the demo, but I can't say I enjoyed it. Seem interesting in concept more than fun to play, it's all about non euclidian based puzzles but for me that just made the puzzles really abstract. That combined with non linear puzzle progression, along with no apparent indication of which puzzles are currently unavailable to you yet as opposed to me just sucking at them and not being able to solve them made it very frustrating.

Yeah, I can respect it even if I didn't enjoy it, but I believe I am in the minority on Antichamber.

Anyone played Prison Architect? I used to really enjoy games like Theme Hospital and it's giving me a similar vibe - I realize it's still an alpha, though.

I've put quite a few hours into it. It's really time consuming and alot of the game is trial and error. It's an addictive game though and will surely keep you playing for hours on end.

Give it a go though. It only gets better each Alpha update.

JakeD

I think Call of Duty 4 is the only game that has a different MAC and PC version.

Read: It's not Steamworks, you won't get a PC version of that.

I know it's one Call of Duty that's like that, I'm not sure if it's 4. This was discussed a couple days back on the Steam therad.

its black ops

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It may look weird, it may play weird, okay it's just all around weird, but it's an amazing experience and something I do highly recommend being played just to have you think more about all the designs, standards, and general tropes you've grown so used to in video games.

It will make you think, in a good way.

Though if it is too weird for you, how about Super House Of Dead Ninjas instead?

That's actually something that intrigues me. I'm always looking for games that mess with tropes. Bought.

Grief.exe

Just give me some Star Wars deals, I need to try Republic Commando.
I guess it's a bit early for 75% off Lords of Shadow and Enslaved?

I've been waiting so long for Republic Commando, I should have jumped on the Star Wars sale in the Spring even if it wasn't a very good deal.

Lords of Shadow is 50% off right now at base price, we might see it come up as 66-75% off on the daily.

angrylamp

Neo Member
“Good morning. In less than an hour, users from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest internet battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.” That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the Seventeenth of November, and you will once again be fighting for our sales… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation of overpriced video games. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Seventeenth of November, will no longer be known as just another day but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Steam Sales!!!”

Gbraga

I just want Bulletstorm and Blood Dragon. I can wait more for Blood Dragon though, but Bulletstorm I need to play before GFWL goes off >_>

It would be nice to have at least 40% off The Inner World though, but it's not likely.

BruteUA

Maybe I'll get the rest of the Pinball FX tables. After the Humble Bundle, It's something like $11 or $12 to buy the rest of the tables that are on sale.

I think I'm grabbing the rest of the Marvel ones. Really been having fun with that PinballFX bundle.

Jørdan

More like everything lapsed.

When discount coupons run out, they disappear. I had an entire page of coupons and now I only have 3 Toki Tori 2 coupons. They all ran out.

I thought of that not long after posting, I'm sure that happened previously and the idea is an exchange so moving inventory is unlikely. On the plus side there is now more space for the inevitable coupon season before us.

Sweet Jesus, I'd say enjoy the games but not in the way you will :p

Anything other than Nightmare in North Point worth getting? I just grabbed the base game and only played a little of it on PS+.

The story DLC packs are:

• Nightmare in North Point
  • The Zodiac Tournament
  • Year of the Snake
Nightmare and Snake are both separate episodes, while The Zodiac Tournament can be played at any point during the main campaign (at least I'm pretty sure you can play it at any point--you can definitely play it in the post-game). There's also the Wheels of Fury pack, which isn't story-driven exactly but does give you five new missions to play. (I haven't actually tried it yet so I can't comment on quality.)

Nightmare and Snake are obvious buys; each episode takes about 2-3 hours to complete, if I remember correctly. Zodiac Tournament is shorter, less than an hour unless you're awful at fighting. Both Nightmare and Zodiac are heavily melee-focused, while Snake offers a bit more mission variety.

fokkusu

I think Call of Duty 4 is the only game that has a different MAC and PC version.

Read: It's not Steamworks, you won't get a PC version of that.

I know it's one Call of Duty that's like that, I'm not sure if it's 4. This was discussed a couple days back on the Steam therad.

Hmm, wasn't it BLOPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom