• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Papo & Yo looks cool

pygame-win32-shippingwmbcm.jpg

pygame-win32-shipping4ba0f.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hum, trying to catch back by last post and it seems that what I missed was not Gone Home but a random member showing some sort of (pointless) hate towards myself that is now banned...?

Why... :(
NEVER mess with Monk. That will be the last thing you'll ever do on GAF. Rightfully so.

Try not to think too much about that guy. He can't hurt you anymore, and that stupid post of his isn't worth you worrying about it.

Keep on being an amazing guy, Monk!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm sitting on 2,110. Above me are Valis on 2,171 and Simba Xelios on 2,238.

On a related note, I made a big dent in my list of licensed stuff:

All but a few of the remaining games, which I'll pick up in a few weeks, are/will be too recent to see a decent discount this year (or one at all).

Amazing. I've got less then 100. You must have been collecting for years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You'd be surprised. Jase, didn't you start doing all this collecting within the last year or so?

Yeah, I didn't catch the bug until last year's Summer Sale. When the sale began I had 931 "games" (back then there was no distinction between actual games and DLC); now, by the same measure, I have 3,867.

Hah!
Never change JaseC, luv ya <3

<3

KJ869

Trials Evolution Gold edition 4.99 euros, get. Uplay and some framefrate problems but its still excellent game and excellent bang for the buck. Bought it full price and still loved.

bkw

You're welcome :)

MAX PAYNE 3 + LA NOIRE: STEAM Keys bundle $7.99
here on Amazon
This seems like a decent deal. Question is, should I care about the DLC for either of these games? I typically hold out for sales on complete or GOTY editions, but looking at the size of my backlog, I should probably cut back on things that unnecessarily extend the length of games.

jediyoshi

Got brigmore witches from gamefly for $5.35. Gonna cash out my steam cards and probably pick up dragonborn from steam tomorrow.

Knurek

This seems like a decent deal. Question is, should I care about the DLC for either of these games? I typically hold out for sales on complete or GOTY editions, but looking at the size of my backlog, I should probably cut back on things that unnecessarily extend the length of games.

MP3 DLCs are all for multi-player, which to my knowledge is dead.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I bought Super House of Dead Ninjas last night despite it not being a daily and then immediately realised that I didn't follow the golden rule. However, I did play it and enjoy it immensely, and I think I'm going to have a great time with it, so I won't feel too bad if it gets a further discount. Plus then I might pick up the extra DLC for slightly cheaper.

The DLC in La Noire is pretty meaningless.

Max Payne plus all the DLC is like 6.99 on Amazon as well.

cicero

I had no idea Prologue was in the bundle. I did buy it so thanks for the heads-up!
You're welcome. Glad I could be of help.

Yeah, I didn't catch the bug until last year's Summer Sale. When the sale began I had 931 "games" (back then there was no distinction between actual games and DLC); now, by the same measure, I have 3,867.
wow. That is pretty epic. I am only up to 933 "real" games now and I have been hitting the sales since around 2009.

Arthea

I know that nobody cares right now, but there is huge Sniper Elite franchise sale on gamersgate.
Well, huge thanksgiving sale in general.

Forkball

I just bought Batman: Arkham Origins for $10 on Amazon because I had $10 credit for some reason. It's Steam redeemable too. STEP IT UP STEAM.

JaseC

wow. That is pretty epic. I am only up to 933 "real" games now and I have been hitting the sales since around 2009.

You're almost at 1k! You can do it! ;)

I wish they released a free DLC to remove those flashing words in cutscenes. Absolutely fucking terrible.

Or better yet, a skip button!

Edit: Oh god, there are collectables in the modern-day Black Flag fluff. Ubi knows me too well. :p

Edit edit: Rebecca still looks like a fish.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I never had a problem with Max Payne 3. Didn't mind the unskippable cut scenes, didn't mind the visual effects added to them, didn't mind the direction of the story or character. I enjoyed the game for what it was. I might be in the minority though.

Divius

I never had a problem with Max Payne 3. Didn't mind the unskippable cut scenes, didn't mind the visual effects added to them, didn't mind the direction of the story or character. I enjoyed the game for what it was. I might be in the minority though.
I'm right there with you. I very much enjoyed Max Payne 3, loved the setting and especially the gunplay.

CrimsonN0

Whats a good PC controller?

I got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate during the Halloween sale and didn't really like using keyboard + mouse for it.

Theres some games this sale that look interesting too, but I'd prefer to have a controller for them.

JaseC

I didn't mind the fact they're unskippable the first time through, but their nature has deterred me from running through the game again, which is a pity as, for the most part, it plays nicely. I'm also not a fan of their frequency, but that I could overlook if they could be skipped.

Arthea

I got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate during the Halloween sale and didn't really like using keyboard + mouse for it.

Theres some games this sale that look interesting too, but I'd prefer to have a controller for them.

xbox360 wired controller is my controller of choice so far.

Vazduh

Well, any controller for xbox 360.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Logitech f310 (or more expensive versions f510 or f710) etc.

JaseC

If you own an X360, you can just pick up a knock-off receiver from Deal Extreme and use the controller with your PC. That's what I did last year and mine is still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom