• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Any North American night owls here who wouldn't mind helping me out with Scrabble and WWTBAM? + DLC (distinct from the version on PAL Land stores)?

I've got $6.71 in Steam Card money if that helps. I won't get paid until Friday unfortunately so that's my limit. If you're still interested, PM me and let me know what to do.

UnrealEck

Question time:

Friend of mine owns Out-Run 2 Coast to Coast (which I can't find since it has probably been pulled when the
Ferrari license expired), he never installed it (0hrs played), is there a way he can gift it or at the very least lend it to me?

I think if they registered the key, or if they bought it and chose to add it to their library, it's tied to their account.

I think Steam game sharing is going to be a future feature but for now, I don't think you can share without him lending you his full account.

i personally really disliked dear esther but really enjoyed gone home.

Hoping thats the case for me as well. I bought it last night on the flash sales, and I am looking forward to playing through it on a winter night. That being said, I couldn't stand Dear Esther it was bland and frustratingly slow. I am the type of person who will walk in games like skyrim, or slowly sail the oceans of AC4 because of how beautiful it is but Dear Esther didn't inspire any awe. So the comparison between the two makes me a little worried.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've got $6.71 in Steam Card money if that helps. I won't get paid until Friday unfortunately so that's my limit. If you're still interested, PM me and let me know what to do.

That'll cover Scrabble ($4.99). I'll PM you in a moment.

If you like games like Dear Esther. IMO it's not really a game. You only walk around a house looking at things and gaining bits of the story.
Dear Esther is a very passive experience. Gone Home is not. I appreciate there are some similarities but they're very different on an interactive level. Gone Home was a really nice experience, going in knowing nothing and having very little expectation.

The_Monk

Hum, trying to catch back by last post and it seems that what I missed was not Gone Home but a random member showing some sort of (pointless) hate towards myself that is now banned...?

Why... :(

Lingitiz

If you like games like Dear Esther. IMO it's not really a game. You only walk around a house looking at things and gaining bits of the story.

I don't want to derail to far into this argument, but Gone Home doesn't fall into that "not a game" category at all. In fact it utilizes the game as a storytelling medium far better than Dear Esther.

The gameplay is exploring and piecing together the facts of these characters by rummaging through the objects. If it were not a game, you would have all of that dictated to you exclusively in the same way that Sam's journals are. Instead it's about exploration and noticing small details in the objects around the house, and putting the story together yourself. I love the way the game shuts up and just lets you read and be observant as you discover stuff about the characters, especially the parents.

Gone Home is the exact opposite of "not a game" in that sense. It uses gameplay to actually tell its narrative, and you wouldn't be able to tell a story like this without it being interactive.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hnnngh.
I'm on a tight budget, but I couldn't resist Gone Home. Bought. :)

Quick, first impression; Papo & Yo's controls are a bit weird, really sensitive, but the game is really atmospheric and looks quite good. Intriguing.

Hum, trying to catch back by last post and it seems that what I missed was not Gone Home but a random member showing some sort of (pointless) hate towards myself that is now banned...?

Hold on a minute! Who the heck could write "hate" about GAF's friendliest member?! :/

JaseC

Big thanks to Cth for the assist. Now I just need another kind insomniac to help me out with WWTBAM + DLC and then I'll really be done with the sale.

How many games now JaceC?

Just so you know, I'm not ignoring you; I'm just waiting on my trader guy to send me some stuff ($72 worth of games for $37? God bless Russia).

Anteater

lol I missed that when I went through the last few pages

lol-duck6mc2f.gif

Cth

Steam board gamers unite!

:D

Up late finishing homework for class as I have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow at TRU :D

Sajjaja

Ween has a habit of spewing out dislike for people randomly. Has done it to me and many others. In fact, it was his tag lol.

Ignore it.

Arthea

How can you dislike Dear Esther? It's a short sweet game, may be not much of a game, but really atmospheric and interesting.

I want Hate and Hate plus on dalies or flashies. As far as I can remember these weren't on any bundle or daily before. It's high time!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Big thanks to Cth for the assist. Now I just need another kind insomniac to help me out with WWTBAM + DLC and then I'll really be done with the sale.

Just so you know, I'm not ignoring you; I'm just waiting on my trader guy to send me some stuff ($72 worth of games for $37? God bless Russia).

LOL. It's okay. Just take your time :)

cicero

It was out of the blue and uncalled for and it obviously got him the axe. Just ignore it and remain your usual upbeat polite self.

JaseC

LOL. It's okay. Just take your time :)

I'm sitting on 2,110. Above me are Valis on 2,171 and Simba Xelios on 2,238.

On a related note, I made a big dent in my list of licensed stuff:

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know
aerofly FS
Agricultural Simulator 2013 - Steam Edition
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Ashes Cricket 2013
Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
Battleship
Assetto Corsa
Cabela's African Adventures
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Trophy Bucks
Catan: Creator's Edition
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp
Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold Deck Bundle
Duels of the Planeswalkers Gold Game Bundle
EndWar
Eternity's Child
F1 2013
Farming Giant
Fast & Furious: Showdown
Football Manager 2014
Guardians of Middle-earth
HAWX 2
Hive
Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift: Arctic Games
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Monster Jam
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst
NBA 2K14
Omikron: The Nomad Soul (it's ancient, but David Bowie is in it, so better safe than sorry)
OMSI 2: Steam Edition
Out of the Park Baseball 9
Pacific Liner LA - San Diego Route
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition
Risk
Rocksmith 2014
Rogue Warrior
Rugby Challenge
Rugby Challenge 2
Scrabble
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Silent Hunter Collection
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Space Ace
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Talisman: Digital Edition/Prologue
Tank Operations: European Campaign
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
The Game of Life
The Mysterious Cities of Gold
The Walking Dead: Season 2
The Wolf Among Us
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Type:Rider
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Special Editions (Steam US)
World Basketball Tycoon
WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship
Young Justice: Legacy

All but a few of the remaining games, which I'll pick up in a few weeks, are/will be too recent to see a decent discount this year (or one at all).

The_Monk

Ween has a habit of spewing out dislike for people randomly. Has done it to me and many others. In fact, it was his tag lol.

Ignore it.

It's just, it was out of the blue. I don't get these people with their pointless random hate towards others.

Either way, ignoring will be the best solution, that's for sure, it just kinda kills the mood to post in here... I did nothing wrong.

eyeless

oh my god trials is finally 75% off my dreams have come true

apparently it's still a shitshow of a port though

did someone once say that you can try the demo to see if it's going to run fine on your computer can anyone confirm that?

Cth

On a related note, I made a big dent in my list of licensed stuff:

On your list you have listed:
"Talisman: Digital Edition/Prologue"

Steam shows two versions, the Digital Edition and the Prologue.

Prologue is on sale right now for $1.74 (2 cents short otherwise I'd gift a copy). I've played it on the iPad and was considering double dipping on it this sale.

Digital edition is still $14.99, however.

Basically, solo versus multiplayer.

Just wanted to verify you wanted both.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think if they registered the key, or if they bought it and chose to add it to their library, it's tied to their account.

I think Steam game sharing is going to be a future feature but for now, I don't think you can share without him lending you his full account.

Goddamn :(
Thanks anyway.

JaseC

On your list you have listed:
"Talisman: Digital Edition/Prologue"

Steam shows two versions, the Digital Edition and the Prologue.

Prologue is on sale right now for $1.74 (2 cents short :D) otherwise I'd gift a copy. I played it on the iPad and was considering double dipping on it.

Digital edition is still $14.99, however.

Basically, solo versus multiplayer.

The Early Access version of the Digital Edition includes a free copy of Prologue so I'll just hope for a sale before the full release.

It's just, it was out of the blue. I don't get these people with their pointless random hate towards others.

Either way, ignoring will be the best solution, that's for sure, it just kinda kills the mood to post in here... I did nothing wrong.
Don't let it get to ya Monk! The weed has been plucked so just enjoy the sale time atmosphere.

Is Trials Evolution okay now or still a shitty port?

try the demo first it runs like ass on older systems (5+ years). don't think it was ever patched or optimized after release.

i got the xbla version - top 5000 last time i checked so im okay at it. incredible game but it needs a lot of precision to play it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom