• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Did I post earlier that I grabbed Prototype 2?
I was half asleep when I bought it but i'm so glad it finally reached 9.99 after forever.

orborborb

Electronic Super Joy and Escape Goat were well worth their combined $5 price. Both have great soundtracks for one thing. And they both have achievements and cards etc. which I was not expecting.

Arthea

Did I post earlier that I grabbed Prototype 2?
I was half asleep when I bought it but i'm so glad it finally reached 9.99 after forever.

Is it any good? I watched trailers and I am not convinced. Keeping in mind that I'm very particular about my AA games, they have to be fun to play and run smoothly.

Electronic Super Joy and Escape Goat were well worth their combined $5 price. Both have great soundtracks for one thing. And they both have achievements and cards etc. which I was not expecting.

Electronic Super Joy is showing up in bundles and to me is neither here not there. It is decent, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

Escape goat is awesome. Everybody should own it.

wilflare

been thinking of Rogue Legacy but been waiting for a Humble Bundle
:/

the "anti-Death Note" description of Scribblenaut made me smile

Arthea

Electronic Super Joy is showing up in bundles and to me is neither here not there. It is decent, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.
15 minutes, it took me 15 minutes playing it, to understand that I never wanna see it again!
That has to be some kind of record. (><)
I'm not into platformers though.

kurahador

Finished Gone Home...eh...it was okay.

Kinda expected more from the story with all the hype though.
Hope Dear Esther will be better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The official answer is: "Still less than Xelios"

He's been doing this longer than I have so I'd like to think I've done an admirable job of closing the gap. ;) Even if at some point he, Valis and I owned everything there is to currently own on Steam, they'd be ahead for the simple fact that they have stuff I've missed the boat on (mostly games that disappeared pre-Summer Sale 2012).

Sajjaja

Finished Gone Home...eh...it was okay.

Kinda expected more from the story with all the hype though.
Hope Dear Esther will be better.

GAF has a tendency to exaggerate their feelings.

And Dear Esther is more of a tech demo lol. Interesting story, but not deep. Quite pretty.

Cerity

Is it any good? I watched trailers and I am not convinced. Keeping in mind that I'm very particular about my AA games, they have to be fun to play and run smoothly.

Prototype 2 certaintly doesnt for when it came out. I was getting 25fps in scenes with my 2500k/6970. There was a promised patch to address the perf issues but it never came.

Sajjaja

So Super Hexagon is 59 cents. Am I supposed to break the sacred Daily Deal rule for it?

GOTY/Worst game evah!!

More like, "This isn't a good game. It's both objectively and subjectively worse than it's prequel/sequel. How could you like this over what I think?"

ivOAcvqPnVDxU.gif

Jawmuncher

Comes down to if you liked the first one.
Since this improves on that one in everyway. But if you weren't a fan of the first their isn't much here for you.

kurahador

More like, "This isn't a good game. It's both objectively and subjectively worse than it's prequel/sequel. How could you like this over what I think?"

I expected more really.

999/Bioshock Infinite/Saya no Uta/Telltale's TWD story are the kind that worth the hype, Gone Home isn't anywhere close to those.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Rogue Legacy ($5.09; 66% off; Daily) or La-Mulana ($3; 80% off; Regular Sale)?

Haven't played Rogue Legacy but La~Mulana is great. If you like to explore the unknown in games, cryptic dialogue/puzzles, tight 2d mechanics and the "2D Dark Souls" vibe spiced up with a bit of humour then you'll love it too. For that price you can't go wrong honestly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Now I'm not sure whether to get Gone Home or not.

Do like 'exploration story'-based games? Games with a focus mainly with exploring and story-telling, interacting with objects but mainly just for the fun of it? In-depth personal character stories that are told through imagery and observation, rather than through direct words?

The game makes a place that feels like it is legitimately lived in. Lots of small details, small touches, but all you really do is explore, interact with things, and read things, but a deeply immersive experience.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Now I'm not sure whether to get Gone Home or not.

i thought dear esther was poo and that gone home was 'experimental' game story telling done right.

it was a really well done story with a certain impact that would only have been achievable through player discovery.

JaseC

Any North American night owls here who wouldn't mind helping me out with Scrabble and WWTBAM? + DLC (distinct from the version on PAL Land stores)?

Has amazon changed things?

Year ago I could buy a pc game download and add it to steam if you had a USA address right?

Now everything I want to buy a pc game download even if I use an USA address can't buy games...

Says I need to be from the USA to be able to buy the game..... ?

If anyone want to buiy me Far Cry 3 I'll paypal you right now if you want PM me please :) Thanks in advance.

JaseC

Has amazon changed things?

Year ago I could buy a pc game download and add it to steam if you had a USA address right?

Now everything I want to buy a pc game download even if I use an USA address can't buy games...

Says I need to be from the USA to be able to buy the game..... ?

If anyone want to buiy me Far Cry 3 I'll paypal you right now if you want PM me please :) Thanks in advance.

Are you sure your US address is selected as the billing address at checkout?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Question time:

Friend of mine owns Out-Run 2 Coast to Coast (which I can't find since it has probably been pulled when the
Ferrari license expired), he never installed it (0hrs played), is there a way he can gift it or at the very least lend it to me?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
He's been doing this longer than I have so I'd like to think I've done an admirable job of closing the gap. ;) Even if at some point he, Valis and I owned everything there is to currently own on Steam, they'd be ahead for the simple fact that they have stuff I've missed the boat on (mostly games that disappeared pre-Summer Sale 2012).

How many games now JaceC?

Arthea

Prototype 2 certaintly doesnt for when it came out. I was getting 25fps in scenes with my 2500k/6970. There was a promised patch to address the perf issues but it never came.

Comes down to if you liked the first one.
Since this improves on that one in everyway. But if you weren't a fan of the first their isn't much here for you.

Thanks all, I think I'll pass this time.

Do like 'exploration story'-based games? Games with a focus mainly with exploring and story-telling, interacting with objects but mainly just for the fun of it? In-depth personal character stories that are told through imagery and observation, rather than through direct words?

The game makes a place that feels like it is legitimately lived in. Lots of small details, small touches, but all you really do is explore, interact with things, and read things, but a deeply immersive experience.

i thought dear esther was poo and that gone home was 'experimental' game story telling done right.

it was a really well done story with a certain impact that would only have been achievable through player discovery.
Hmm, I'll think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom