• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebpo

Banned
How come the SR4 season pass dropped MSRP from $20 to $10? Did they bail out on the idea of upcoming expansions for the game or something besides Enter the Dominatrix? Seems like if they're still going to do another expansion it's worth paying $1 more for the season pass over Dominatrix, unless there won't be another one.

very unlikely it'll be a daily but you should still wait till the last day

Check the OP.png

Either wait for it to go on daily or eat the general sales discount. True, it may not go on a daily deal but its entirely up to you.

The way I understand it is to wait until the last daily / flash go up on the last day, if it isn't on one by then, then buy it. This is my first Steam holiday sale but this is how I understand things to work around these parts.

Thanks, I guess I'll wait a little longer. Hopefully it goes on sale because a horror open world game is like a dream game for me.

I just tried to buy Dead Island Riptide but it seems the store is pretty backed up at the moment. Will buy it a little later.

Grief.exe

people mentioned state of decay as a janky game, how so? it's still early access right?

I've never heard of the game described as janky, it is a very small indie team though. I believe only a couple of devs working on it.

As for the Early Access

The only reason State of Decay was even in Early Access was due to optimization and keyboard controls.

You could buy the game then and get the full experience, the early access version was actually very solid.

Game out of Early Access and in final release now.

Patrick3D

Neo Member
I just got a Steam update pop-up while trying to buy Dishonored. I hope it was just my client being out of date and not Valve pushing an update in the middle of this madness.

Zia

Anyone else having issues adding stuff to your cart via the app? I'm airporting it up and was unable to add the Dishonored deal to my cart, and now it's not letting me grab Surgeon Simulator. Blah.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
"Is <xyz> going to be a daily deal?"

Valve selects a range of stuff to be the daily deal. They typically include a handful of larger, mega-publisher games, a handful of quirky PC mid-tier publisher games, and a handful of independent games. Now that early access is a thing, they're going to include the scattered early access game. In general the games featured as daily deals and flash deals are willing to discount at least 50%. In general Valve is picking games that people would be interested in, so high popularity games or games they think have a certain level of breakout potential. Most of the games they choose review well, although not all. Games that are part of a daily deal typically show up as daily deals in subsequent sales (and publishers who participate typically participate again later). In general I would guess that if Amazon or GMG or whatever have significantly better deals than the Steam sale discount, there's at least some possibility of it being a subsequent daily deal.

There are exactly two ways you can be sure that something won't be a daily deal:
- When the dev explicitly says there won't be a daily deal

- When a game is obviously abandoned, not on sale at all, and either has a defunct publisher or a publisher who has never shown any interest in Steam at all at any point in time. (IE The Doctor Who Adventures, currently on 0% discount, aren't magically going to be a daily deal)

Now there is no reason to ask whether or not something is going to be a daily deal.

KarmaCow

So I checked in my Library to see if I had the Trine 2 complete story upgrade via properties > DLC. I dont see anything there so I'm guessing I dont have the complete story? I really cant remember when I bought the game or what it came with.

The only piece of DLC is the Goblin Menace DLC. I *think* Story upgrade is just the Goblin Menace DLC and the other stuff was just rolled in as a patch for everyone who had the game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
A couple of hours after I post about waiting for a lower price for Brigmore the error happens and I manage to snag it right before the store starts breaking. Truly the work of the gods witches.

SlickVic

How come the SR4 season pass dropped MSRP from $20 to $10? Did they bail out on the idea of upcoming expansions for the game or something besides Enter the Dominatrix? Seems like if they're still going to do another expansion it's worth paying $1 more for the season pass over Dominatrix, unless there won't be another one.
The sr4 season pass has always been $10. Its 2 dlc mission packs; enter the dominatrix and saints save Xmas. They haven't announced any expansion packs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn so Amazon doesn`t take Paypal? That is problematic, I want saints row.

PayPal somebody the $15 and have them e-mail you a gift "card".

Edit: Or, uh, they could just, y'know, buy the game and give you the key. I should go to bed. :p

Derrick01

Banned
people mentioned state of decay as a janky game, how so? it's still early access right?

It's got that old fashioned PC jank, where it has a lot of systems at play and the animations and combat are reeeeeally rough looking. It doesn't go quite as far into the old school as I would have preferred, as it's pretty easy to settle into a routine of scavenging supplies and helping people, but there are random events that can keep you on your toes.

Bebpo

Banned
The sr4 season pass has always been $10. Its 2 dlc mission packs; enter the dominatrix and saints save Xmas. They haven't announced any expansion packs.

Thanks! Yeah I was just counting dlc mission packs as expansions in my eyes. Any word on the release date for Saints Save Xmas? Guessing it'll be out by xmas?

Colin.

PayPal somebody the $15 and have them e-mail you a gift "card".

Edit: Or, uh, they could just, y'know, buy the game and give you the key. I should go to bed. :p

Probably the best way, if you have crazy bank fees for foreign currencies. Mentioned it a few time before, but you're better getting a credit card with 0% foreign currency fees, if you purchase in $$ quite frequently. Has worked very well for me, and I no longer get bank fees, or a BS rate from Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom