• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

StueyDuck

Well i have a complete different experience, like i said, maybe living in a completely different part of the world forged me and people around me in a different way.

I repeat again, parents being soft and letting their sons do whatever the fucl they want is one of the reasons why we are in this situation, being always accomodating with your sons is a recipe for disasters, especially in these crazy times where social media has fucked so many people.

Sorry, you are not gonna convince me that being always ok as a parent is good or even normal.
I have never heard a father say "fuck my child they can get fucked" or throw them to the streets or anything along those lines. They may be disappointed or upset, only maybe in like extremely strict catholic or religious households.

there is absolutely an issue of indoctrination, and the source needs to be stopped, but you have to let kids learn and grow by themselves also. Again I don't know any parent who wouldn't do anything for their kids.

I don't need to convince you, just ask any parent here if they are willing to disown their child or if they would defend they're child even though they know they are acting fucking stupid.

i mean take wokeness aside, if a mothers son breaks the neighbors pot and the neighbor shouts at the son, you know damn well shes gonna protect her child even though she knows breaking the pot was a bad thing to do.

This is kind of where Jaffe is and has to stand, the indoctrination already happened, he's fucked on that regard, but is he willing to disown and lose his child over saying sweet baby inc is bad on the internet, i'd say most likely not.

Which is why it's pointless asking his opinions on these sorts of discussions.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I have never heard a father say "fuck my child they can get fucked" or throw them to the streets or anything along those lines. They may be disappointed or upset, only maybe in like extremely strict catholic or religious households.

there is absolutely an issue of indoctrination, and the source needs to be stopped, but you have to let kids learn and grow by themselves also. Again I don't know any parent who wouldn't do anything for their kids.

I don't need to convince you, just ask any parent here if they are willing to disown their child or if they would defend they're child even though they know they are acting fucking stupid.

i mean take wokeness aside, if a mothers son breaks the neighbors pot and the neighbor shouts at the son, you know damn well shes gonna protect her child even though she knows breaking the pot was a bad thing to do.
You are talking about extreme cases dude, it is not what i was saying, you can have arguments and challenge your son without throwing him out in the street because he is gay or whatever example you named in your previous posts.

Let's just cut here, i can't convince you that being soft parents is bad and you are not gonna convince me that parents having arguments or trying to educate their sons when they act like morons is something super rare and that all the parents on earth are weak fucks.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You are talking about extreme cases dude, it is not what i was saying.

Let's just cut here, i can't convince you that being soft parents is bad and you are not gonna convince me that parents having arguments or trying to educate their sons when they act like morons is something super rare and that all the parents on earth are weak fucks.
but you aren't understanding what i am saying, yes being soft and allowing your kids to be indoctrinated into these ideologies is a problem.

but once it's done and they are too fargone what are your choices. Do you fight your child, lose any sort of relationship or future? or do you just try defend them and try protect them and still keep them as family?

Nickolaidas

but you aren't understanding what i am saying, yes being soft and allowing your kids to be indoctrinated into these ideologies is a problem.

but once it's done and they are too fargone what are your choices. Do you fight your child, lose any sort of relationship or future? or do you just try defend them and try protect them and still keep them as family?
How about not keeping quiet about the gangrene and only speaking up when the entire leg has turned purple?

GymWolf

Gold Member

If they are already indoctrinated then i'm not gonna change my ideology because of them.

And this was my original point, it is not an excuse to act like a moron because your son is a moron.

If you are a good parent and you tried to rectify your son, he already knows your believes, why acting dumb on the internet then? You confuse his mind by being against him in private but with him when you speak on your yt channel.

But if you are not a good parent and let your son do whatever he want and always encourage him no matter what, then i have a problem with that, and jaffe seems to be the second type of parent.

How the fuck are you gonna show to your son that what he is doing is wrong when you encourage him in your youtube channel? It's not like he doesn't know what you really think and it's not like he has to shit on his son directly in his channel even if he is against his principles, he can just talk broadly.

StueyDuck

How about not keeping quiet about the gangrene and only speaking up when the entire leg has turned purple?
This is a moot point and has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

What would you like Jaffe to do? Make fun of and demean his own child live on the internet? I just don't think you can expect him to have any other opinion on the topic of wokeness...

That's why I at least appreciate he's trying to do "both sides" argument instead of going head first into crazy ville.

His takes on wokeness are stupid I agree on that, but I also know he doesn't have a choice and family always comes first

StueyDuck

If they are already indoctrinated then i'm not gonna change my ideology because of them.

And this was my original point, it is not an excuse to act like a moron because your son is a moron.

If you are a good parent and you tried to rectify your son, he already knows your believes, why acting dumb on the internet then? You confuse his mind by being against him in private but with him when you speak on your yt channel.

But if you are not a good parent and let your son do whatever he want and always encourage him no matter what, then i have a problem with that, and jaffe seems to be the second type of parent.

How the fuck are you gonna show to your son that what he is doing is wrong when you encourage him in your youtube channel? It's not like he doesn't know what you really think and it's not like he has to shit on his son directly in his channel even if he is against his principles, he can just talk broadly.
But these indoctrination techniques use manipulative means to win.

If your child approaches you and says "I'm gonna kill myself if I don't become a different gender". No parent is gonna stand there and hear that and think "but mah principals".

I just don't think you understand the emotional manipulation that goes on with these sorts of situations.

Again why I don't think you'll ever get anything of value from this topic with Jaffe because he'll always be manipulated every step of the way by forces he can't control.

GymWolf

Gold Member
But these indoctrination techniques use manipulative means to win.

If your child approaches you and says "I'm gonna kill myself if I don't become a different gender". No parent is gonna stand there and hear that and think "but mah principals".

I just don't think you understand the emotional manipulation that goes on with these sorts of situations.

Again why I don't think you'll ever get anything of value from this topic with Jaffe because he'll always be manipulated every step of the way by forces he can't control.
Again you are talking about extreme cases, not the norm, not every dude who want to change sex is a deranged moron, and changing sex by itself is not something that i would be against (at the correct age), the majority of trans people are cool, it's the crazy loud minority that give sex changes a bad rep.

And him not being on the side of sweet baby in his yt channel is hardly gonna make things worse if his son is already fucked up.

Parents being soft is why you have many people miserable because they changed sex too soon and their parents were all "yes sweety, do what you like even if it probably gonna fuck you up when you grown up".

Sometimes you need an iron fist even if that make your son hate you, you do it for their future.

Last edited:

laynelane

I'm very ignorant about the whole EGS money that games and movies receive for being woke, who is exactly paying these devs? is it a private thing? a state thing were tax payers pay for this shit?

I'm kinda scared to even check out...

This video explains quite a bit about who is behind this push for DEI:

If you don't want to watch it: There are two investment companies who are worth A LOT of money - Blackrock and Vanguard. If video game companies want to receive money from them - they must meet their DEI requirements. The creator of the video makes the argument that inclusiveness, etc. in video games is not about being morally correct, but about financial goals instead. He makes a good argument too complete with examples of companies where their top investors are the above two investment firms. It's worth a watch if you have the time.

Nickolaidas

This is a moot point and has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

What would you like Jaffe to do? Make fun of and demean his own child live on the internet? I just don't think you can expect him to have any other opinion on the topic of wokeness...

That's why I at least appreciate he's trying to do "both sides" argument instead of going head first into crazy ville.

His takes on wokeness are stupid I agree on that, but I also know he doesn't have a choice and family always comes first
If he wasn't ignoring the signs, he could've helped his kid from the beginning, instead of watching the transformation take place. Or encouraging it.

If your son tells you he's a hen, you try to talk some sense to him. You don't build him a fucking henhouse.

FunkMiller

If you don't want to watch it: There are two investment companies who are worth A LOT of money - Blackrock and Vanguard. If video game companies want to receive money from them - they must meet their DEI requirements. The creator of the video makes the argument that inclusiveness, etc. in video games is not about being morally correct, but about financial goals instead. He makes a good argument too complete with examples of companies where their top investors are the above two investment firms. It's worth a watch if you have the time.

Needless to say, this is not a new thing. Major corporations will pretty much do whatever investment companies want in order to stay in their good graces and receive the levels of funding they require. The fact Sweet Baby Inc are a part of this is very, very small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. There are far worse things being done because an investment fund has wanted it.

If you want to make the world a better and more equitable place, with better functioning companies, the open book power and influence index fund managers have must be controlled properly - by law.

Should be noted the big three are moving away from ESG as a strategy: https://fortune.com/2023/09/13/blackrock-vanguard-were-once-esg-reversing-course-finance-bob-rubin/

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Needless to say, this is not a new thing. Major corporations will pretty much do whatever investment companies want in order to stay in their good graces and receive the levels of funding they require. The fact Sweet Baby Inc are a part of this is very, very small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. There are far worse things being done because an investment fund has wanted it.

If you want to make the world a better and more equitable place, with better functioning companies, the open book power and influence index fund managers have must be controlled properly - by law.
My big question is, do these people like to lose money? Because it looks to me like 85% of strongly woke projects fail miserably.

Or maybe the 15% of stuff that has success like barbie or panderman 2 is enough to keep them afloat, who knows...

Nickolaidas

Should be noted the big three are moving away from ESG as a strategy: https://fortune.com/2023/09/13/blackrock-vanguard-were-once-esg-reversing-course-finance-bob-rubin/
Holy fuck. So the final boss is just a trend chaser?

laynelane

The article you linked was an interesting read. In particular, this part:

As industry leaders often set the trend, their actions may well indicate a broader shift in focus back to core financial strategies. Major financial firms have adopted ESG to keep up with the times–but they also saw it as an opportunity to make lots of money.

We can be cautiously optimistic that BlackRock and Vanguard are reverting to what they do best–optimizing client investments for financial growth.

And this:

The reconsideration by these two financial titans of their ESG commitments comes amidst increased attention from state-level financial authorities. Officials have questioned whether financial investment strategies should intersect so closely with environmental, social, and governance criteria. It appears these strategic shifts are being driven by a combination of public backlash and a focus on their bottom lines.

Seemingly inexplicable happenings are becoming clearer now.

laynelane

The SBI Employee was temporarily (?) banned from Twitter/X for harassment.

Some Reee folks came by to show how mentally challenged they are.

The Steam group is itching closer and closer to 200,000 members.

The 'gay whales' bit was a standout part too. Sort of in a "Top ten things I didn't expect to read about today" fashion.

laynelane

It's from September last year and there is no indication that anyone is shifting course. More like the contrary....

I noticed that too.

We can be cautiously optimistic that BlackRock and Vanguard are reverting to what they do best–optimizing client investments for financial growth.

No confirmation or factual data related to a drastic turnaround.

StueyDuck

Again you are talking about extreme cases, not the norm, not every dude who want to change sex is a deranged moron, and changing sex by itself is not something that i would be against (at the correct age), the majority of trans people are cool, it's the crazy loud minority that give sex changes a bad rep.

And him not being on the side of sweet baby in his yt channel is hardly gonna make things worse if his son is already fucked up.

Parents being soft is why you have many people miserable because they changed sex too soon and their parents were all "yes sweety, do what you like even if it probably gonna fuck you up when you grown up".

Sometimes you need an iron fist even if that make your son hate you, you do it for their future.
But we are talking about the extreme cases. His child isn't 40 years old, they are young.

And again the emotional manipulation these people are brainwashed into doing/saying, it absolutely will make things fucked up. This a reactionary group of people, have we already forgotten the hogwarts legacy fiasco.

I don't think you will find anyone sitting in front of their teenager who is threatening to kill themselves because they aren't happy or don't agree with xy or z and they will respond with an iron fist.

StueyDuck

If he wasn't ignoring the signs, he could've helped his kid from the beginning, instead of watching the transformation take place. Or encouraging it.

If your son tells you he's a hen, you try to talk some sense to him. You don't build him a fucking henhouse.
But that's not the case here. The case is the indoctrination has already taken place. We can all play captain hindsight but in reality the damage is done, so does he lose his child or does he protect them? 🤷‍♂️

If you are expecting him to choose his own opinions over protecting his child you just aren't going to get it.

Even if him and everyone else mostly agrees the brainwashing is moronic as shit.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Coming up on 169,000

b5ItH3o.gif

CGNoire

You mean the character that the game makes it very clear how much of an amazing detective she is by having her superior telling me so instead of showing me? The FBI agent who is recognized, full name, by a complete stranger in a diner and is told that her daughter drowned and instead of interpreting that as a threat or a lead or something, she basically says 'you've got the wrong gal' and shrugs it off instead of questioning that stranger thoroughly who OBVIOUSLY knows something about her? The FBI agent who goes to a morgue with her boss, watch a sheriff dissappear, a dead body killing two deputies and vanishing as well, and when she goes outside to the other policemen, she tells them what happened and tells them to handle things from here, and instead of arresting her and her boss on the spot for giving them such a ludicrous explanation, they nod and go inside the morgue while she and her boss drive off?

THAT well-written character?

Just because a character is made up of millions of polygons, sighs and yawns and animates well in cutscenes or is played by a competent VA, doesn't mean the character is well-written.
Dude in fairness that just sounds like more Twin Peaks weirdness to me. First game had weird scenes and writing like that all over it.

Needlecrash

No one is arguing against inclusive and diverse characters and stories. People just want it to feel natural and well written, like it was for decades before this DEI shit took over.

Less tokens, more actual characters.
THANK YOU BASED FAUST, YOU BRILLIANT MUHFUCKA. 😎🙏

Speaking as someone who's melanin dense (Caribbean/1st gen Yankee), I felt like gaming had been diverse already. Not forced, not hamfisted either. It was just there. This is something you CAN'T FORCE. It has to come organically, naturally and well written. It's not hard to have characters have depth to them while having a great story, seriously.

• In the other thread that was closed recently, I'd mentioned Mass Effect 2 as a damn good example of great gameplay, great story and awesome characters. Not many games can go into fighting literal evil space gods that come back to the galaxy every 10,000 years or so to "purge" lifeforms for a fresh start. All the while, you command a crew that consists of a broken mental patient with a tragic backstory, one of the last few of a species that's been wiped out by bacterial warfare, a scientist who eventually makes amends for the said species near demise, a crew member with nice curves dealing with shitty family relations, and a mercenary getting by that fought alongside you before (Garrus is the SHIT).

• The OG Tomb Raider was a great example. Lara spelunking caves, tombs, finding treasure and collectibles while fighting off wolves, monkeys, weird ass winged mummy creatures and a T-Rex!? Bizarre, but still fun! And Lara is British lady too!

• Saint's Row 1- 4 is a VERY good example. You got diverse characters with a fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously and it fucking worked! Not that reboot though; that can go fuck off somewhere in the sunset.

• Medal of Honor: Underground was another great title. Playing as a lady who's a spy against the Nazis in France and North Africa. Nice change of pace, and neither story nor gameplay were comprised and the main character is a LADY.

• Killer7 and No More Heroes are excellent examples of diversity and great, yet wild ass gameplay. Could you imagine being Mask de Smith in Killer7; fighting against crazy suicide bombers as a luchador while using M79 Grenade Launchers and doing wrestling moves??? CRAZY SHIT....AND IT WORKED! Same with Shinobu in No More Heroes; excellent character design as a black schoolgirl samurai? I was perplexed when I saw this shit for the first time...then I played the game and was pleasantly SHOCKED.
When the Forsaken demo came out, I initially was excited to get into it. 15 minutes in, I was turned off by the semi bland visuals, boring combat and cringe-ass dialogue. NOT BECAUSE THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS BLACK FOR FUCKS SAKE. It was just...not great. I see some outlets saying those who don't like that game are racists, disgruntled, etc. Just own up that the game didn't live up to expectations period. That's it! Moving the goal post to meet your agenda/claims is just self-aggrandizing bullshit.

It's so fucking tiring when I see companies like Sweet Baby twisting developer's vision into THEIR own vision. Stop fucking up my hobby with your shitty self-insert because no one wants that shit.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
But we are talking about the extreme cases. His child isn't 40 years old, they are young.

And again the emotional manipulation these people are brainwashed into doing/saying, it absolutely will make things fucked up. This a reactionary group of people, have we already forgotten the hogwarts legacy fiasco.

I don't think you will find anyone sitting in front of their teenager who is threatening to kill themselves because they aren't happy or don't agree with xy or z and they will respond with an iron fist.
I don't know the situation at jaffe's house, did his son did that?

But i still think that having an iron fist in certain situations to protect your childs from themselves is still a viable option and i'm 100% sure that many parents do that to save their childrens, not every parent is gonna accept everything just for the sake of having an "happy family".

Last edited:
Games take a long time to make. They cant just about face on a dime. We will see in the coming years with newer releases whether this is true.
Here, from this week:

You don't have to wait for new games to release. As long a corporations keep pulling stunts like this you know nothing has changed in the investment world.

Toots

Gold Member
Sounds like those consultant groups are completely pointless wastes of money then.
This is the problem, the publishers have too much money while they always want more, so they throw money wherever watching if anything works.
Sweet baby inc are just grifter who got lucky this time. The problem for them is that they don't seem to understand that and truly believe they deserve the insane amount of money thrown their way...

THANK YOU BASED FAUST, YOU BRILLIANT MUHFUCKA. 😎🙏

Speaking as someone who's melanin dense, I felt like gaming had been diverse already. Not forced, not hamfisted either. It was just there. This is something you CAN'T FORCE. It has to come organically, naturally and well written. It's not hard to have characters have depth to them while having a great story, seriously.

• In the other thread that was closed recently, I'd mentioned Mass Effect 2 as a damn good example of great gameplay, great story and awesome characters. Not many games can go into fighting literal evil space gods that come back to the galaxy every 10,000 years or so to "purge" lifeforms for a fresh start. All the while, you command a crew that consists of a broken mental patient with a tragic backstory, one of the last few of a species that's been wiped out by bacterial warfare, a scientist who eventually makes amends for the said species near demise, a crew member with nice curves dealing with shitty family relations, and a mercenary getting by that fought alongside you before (Garrus is the SHIT).

• The OG Tomb Raider was a great example. Lara spelunking caves, tombs, finding treasure and collectibles while fighting off wolves, monkeys, weird ass winged mummy creatures and a T-Rex!? Bizarre, but still fun!

• Saint's Row 1- 4 is a VERY good example. You got diverse characters with a fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously and it fucking worked! Not that reboot though; that can go fuck off somewhere in the sunset.

• Medal of Honor: Underground was another great title. Playing as a lady who's a spy against the Nazis in France and North Africa. Nice change of pace, and neither story nor gameplay were comprised and the main character is a LADY.

• Killer7 and No More Heroes are excellent examples of diversity and great, yet wild ass gameplay. Could you imagine being Mask de Smith in Killer7; fighting against crazy suicide bombers as a luchador while using M79 Grenade Launchers and doing wrestling moves??? CRAZY SHIT....AND IT WORKED! Same with Shinobu in No More Heroes; excellent character design as a black schoolgirl samurai? I was perplexed when I saw this shit for the first time...then I played the game and was pleasantly SHOCKED.

It's so fucking tiring when I see companies like Sweet Baby twisting developer's vision into THEIR own vision. Stop fucking up my hobby with your shitty self-insert because no one wants that shit.
To your point about ME2 being diverse and organic.. mostly agree except Jacob being the black guy and the right hand man to Shepherd felt so unnatural. The dude was the most bland and annoyingly boring character. Completely pointless and every scene he was in made me question wtf they wanted with that guy. Call me racist I guess but I think his only purpose there was to be a black guy, lol.. even his loyalty mission was to look for his missing father.. I mean come on!!

And then Jack, the stong independent psycho female.. seems a bit forced too. ME1 had a better grasp on realistic writing and wasn't trying to have all this social commentary.

Anyway enough thread derailment.

Neon Xenon

Like I said in some other threads, the whole idea of not seeing yourself in the story keeps you form not being able to relate is silly. I do not see myself in most stories yet I can relate and understand no matter the ethnicity of the characters.
Agreed. There's one factor that can play a big part in helping people relate to a character, regardless of their ethnicity, sexual preference, etc.:  Good Writing.

By the same token, bad writing can prevent people from relating to anything about a character and can undercut an entire story. There's been far too many examples of this lately to count.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Agreed. There's one factor that can play a big part in helping people relate to a character, regardless of their ethnicity, sexual preference, etc.:  Good Writing.

By the same token, bad writing can prevent people from relating to anything about a character and can undercut an entire story. There's been far too many examples of this lately to count.

You also don't have to relate or see yourself to enjoy something. Every experience doesn't have to be personal. It is a juvenile or selfish lens that requires everything relate to them somehow.

CGNoire

Here, from this week:

You don't have to wait for new games to release. As long a corporations keep pulling stunts like this you know nothing has changed in the investment world.
I think Northface was already woke and dont require anyone to force there hand. Either way Id like to hold to a little hope and to keep speaking out when I can.

StueyDuck

I don't know the situation at jaffe's house, did his son did that?

But i still think that having an iron fist in certain situations to protect your childs from themselves is still a viable option and i'm 100% sure that many parents do that to save their childrens, not every parent is gonna accept everything just for the sake of having an "happy family".
we don't know to what extent but he has openly spoken about how they spent 2 years with them with therapy and transitioning etc. and them essentially feeling depressed.

but there are plenty of other stories in very much the same vein, if you go read any detransition story, the parents are usually guilted into support. Very rarely do you get the odd parent who just wants the fame and to live through their child.

there are certain things in life where you can, drug abuse for example. but you can't send your child to rehab for brainwashing. it's really not such an easy field to navigate.

again focusing on stopping the indoctrination before it happens is the most important angle, if i was in the US right now there's not a fuck i'd send my child to school, let alone public school.

it would have to be a really good private school with no ESG and DEI or most likely homeschooling.

Last edited:
Like I said in some other threads, the whole idea of not seeing yourself in the story keeps you form not being able to relate is silly. I do not see myself in most stories yet I can relate and understand no matter the ethnicity of the characters.
It’s all a scam and they thrive off that. The whole REPRESENTATION shite is the scam. It keeps SBI employed and weak minded desperate devs cave to them and support them. This shows how many companies and devs have no balls or brains and just decided that they want to be BETTER PEOPLE by letting this poisonous group ruin their games and studios…….wtf did that accomplish for them? Let them all suffer the consequences now because stupid decisions have consequences.

JayK47

I am glad this is getting the attention it deserves. Seeing videos by The Critical Drinker and others is great to see. The only way this stuff will get better is if we push back and stop being silent.

I was planning to finally purchase a PS5 to play Spiderman 2. Well after seeing what was done to that game, I passed. Seeing what is being done to most Sony first party games, I do not see any reason to ever pick up a PS5. I may pass entirely on the system and I have owned every past Playstation. I vote with my wallet. There are so many games out there right now, why play something that crams "the message" down your throat?

Bernardougf

The bizarre fact is that they dont see how this statement is blatantly racist...

Imagine someone saying "I cant relate or enjoy black panther because he is black"

Wtf ?!?!?!

But saying " I cant relate to Ariel because shes white" is just fine... completely fine

Needlecrash

To your point about ME2 being diverse and organic.. mostly agree except Jacob being the black guy and the right hand man to Shepherd felt so unnatural. The dude was the most bland and annoyingly boring character. Completely pointless and every scene he was in made me question wtf they wanted with that guy. Call me racist I guess but I think his only purpose there was to be a black guy, lol.. even his loyalty mission was to look for his missing father.. I mean come on!!

And then Jack, the stong independent psycho female.. seems a bit forced too. ME1 had a better grasp on realistic writing and wasn't trying to have all this social commentary.

Anyway enough thread derailment.
I did find Jacob a little bland. Jack came on pretty strong but I warmed up to her later on.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't wanna exagerate, but if you need to see yourself in games to enjoy them, there is a much deeper problem within you.

Top Bottom