• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Nickolaidas

As a brown guy who, by the way, doesn't see representation unless it's to typically be portrayed as a villain, I am totally against this sort of stuff. I don't want to be told how to think and what not to think. I don't want my games trying to indoctrinate my children & I with some sort of sanctimonious dogma held by these people. I can see right through this in my games, and their involvement has actively deteriorated the quality of said games. This is not a while male stance.
Go Asia, my brother. Go Asia. Beauty, action, wackiness, music ... best side of gaming right now.

Tangerine

It's always said its a small vocal minority who effect change, such as sweet baby. Well the silent majority is becoming increasingly less silent and increasingly less likely to fall for this woke BS. Increasingly likely to boycott, to take a stand, vote with our wallets etc.

Weed out the narcissistic self hating race grifters and their influence in gaming. This 205,000 still going strong is people effectively saying we won't take this shit no more. Fuck you, you weird freaks. Fucking do one.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
We damn well know these DEI sycophants want and try to apply their ideology to Japanese developers as well.

Nah, the Jap devs are bailing out on this shit too. Get ready for more tits and fun times.

8YSHztq.jpg

FingerBang

No, the others stop him, also murder is about the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone, and diana gets the worst one.
She doesn't get disrespected by the suicide squad, AKA the good guys in the game. Everybody speaks highly of her throughout the entire game; she gets killed by the bad guy, and everyone is sad.

I don't agree with the whole "BOOHOO THE DISRESPECTED MY MALE HEROES" thing. That was the right thing to do, they nailed the tone, but it's undeniable WW gets special treatment.

No, the others stop him, also murder is about the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone, and diana gets the worst one.
Not to discuss what is not at all the subject of this thread, but there is a lot worse than death that can happen to someone. And a heroic death, if it is what happened to her, is "good" even if in real life we would not want to be in their shoes. I only saw SkillUp video about it so I could be wrong, but the others don't have any real good moment to shine, and they are as heroic as her in the lore, so I can understand that it hurt some people. I hated how in Ratched&Clank Rift ApartClank got to loose his arm for stupid reasons and not get it back! Just because they wanted to make a stupid joke! And he never get to get big even in cutscenes because once again reasons.

I can get part of your opinion, but I can get why some people would hate for what happened. Once again I did not play the game so I could be wrong.

Regarding my last post, I already preordered Stellar Blade as well. 5 years ago I never would've even considered buying it.

I'm so tired of looking at ugly ass characters.
It was a game I'd probably get at some point on sale. But they convinced me to preorder it. I also never get digital deluxe versions, but when they fired the feminists, that convinced me to bump up. haha!

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I'd say she got the worst of it, the others just kinda fall over dead without any fanfare by depleting their healthbars; diana gets brutalised in full animated "glory", and then you see the life slowly leave her body.
That's because it's supposed to be a 'play the violin' sad death. The fact that the only hero who gets that is the female one, is proof she was deliberately picked for preferential treatment because of her sex.

That's because it's supposed to be a 'play the violin' sad death. The fact that the only hero who gets that is the female one, is proof she was deliberately picked for preferential treatment because of her sex.
You can have a sad death without it being brutal, I for one didn't think it was sad at all, just fucked up; it's also not really proof of anything, correlation at best.

Jaybe

Insomniac is so corrupted with this rot. With their forced DEI classes that were apart of the big leak, I’m not surprised. This is a senior writer on Wolverine. I was going to vet the information from this tweet but apparently she had already blocked me and I barely even tweet anything lol.

Last edited:
Insomniac is so corrupted with this rot. With their forced DEI classes that were apart of the big leak, I’m not surprised. This is a senior writer on Wolverine. I was going to vet the information from this tweet but apparently she had already blocked me and I barely even tweet anything lol.

How and what is it that Mary from Insomniac has said that comes as corrupt/rotten/racist?

Draugoth

Gold Member

It certainly explains what the hell happend to Spider Man 2 plot.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeah.. I'm officially out on Wolverine.

Seems they are gonna infest it with shit like they did spiderman2

StueyDuck

This Alyssa Mercante should be fired, she's literally spreading hate.
Kotaku itself should be dead.

Who these blubberguts at that site are bonking to keep that shithole site afloat is genuinely the most puzzling part. There's no way it's still around cause it makes money

Like whod actually bang any of those freaks 🤣.

Last edited:
It’s in the post. Liking a tweet that you can’t be racist to white people. Plus the praise of Sweet Baby Inc at a time when the their abhorrent old tweets prove who despicable they are.

In regards to Mary posting her tweets explaining how the whole consulting thing plays out with Sweet Baby Inc how's that got to do with how bad Sweet Baby Inc were in the past? If Sweet Baby Inc were holding prejudiced viewpoints against a certain racial/skin color community in the past, what if they unlearned their prejudices and are no longer holding those bigoted views today?

DeaDPo0L84

what if...everyone just left social media and the village idiots just went back to being village idiots instead of a clamoring mass on social media that for some reason you and too many other people pay attention to.....
Social media created a platform where insane people can find others who also share in their insanity so they feel validated, therefore the insanity spreads.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I think there was a tipping point for the populace at large pushing back on this garbage and I think the catalyst was October 7th. I've seen a lot more people not tolerating these lunatics since that terrible day.
Yup, they’re showing their true colors. They pretend to be motivated by compassion but in reality it’s mostly resentment, bitterness, and disgust.

These are the last people who should be trusted with any sort of power or authority.

laynelane

As a brown guy who, by the way, doesn't see representation unless it's to typically be portrayed as a villain, I am totally against this sort of stuff. I don't want to be told how to think and what not to think. I don't want my games trying to indoctrinate my children & I with some sort of sanctimonious dogma held by these people. I can see right through this in my games, and their involvement has actively deteriorated the quality of said games. This is not a while male stance.

Well said. I am also not a white male and have grown tired of seeing groups like SBI deflect any criticism to 'male' or 'white people' or 'gamers are bad'. It's lazy, untrue, and extremely prejudiced. The criticism towards their input to games is something I think a lot of people have been feeling for a long time now. And it's from a wide variety of people from many backgrounds - you know, normal people.

Top Bottom