• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

cormack12

Gold Member
UWHP1xl.jpg

BedZUy3.jpg

Aenima

Went to read the purple site to see if after her tweet they would do a 180 on supporting the CEO of SBI or not.

Nope. They don’t even put her racist tweet out there or the video of her fear mongering people to get them to agree with her.

One guy posted it was a shitty post by her then others defend her racist tweet.

I try to be middle ground and understanding of multiple views on a subject but god damn. Completely ignoring and hiding her objective racism and then excusing it? That site of users should be shot into the sun on a rocket ship. Mentally ill bigots.
Bruh, Retardera is full of racists towards white ppl, especially straight white males. When i was there a few years ago it was so bad i started adding the fuckers to my ignore list cuz the moderation was part of the scum. I ended with more than 100 ppl in my ignore list.

I have zero ppl in my GAF ignore list.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bruh, Retardera is full of racists towards white ppl, especially straight white males. When i was there a few years ago it was so bad i started adding the fuckers to my ignore list cuz the moderation was part of the scum. I ended with more than 100 ppl in my ignore list.

I have zero ppl in my GAF ignore list.

Well well. Time to be the first.

*cough and clears throat*

Baldur gate 3 sucks.

Last of us 2 is a bad game.

Dark souls 2 is the best DS game.

You have a micro penis.

xCThHZ.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
On topic: Alyssa Mercante is public again, this time asking about good places to donate to Palestine, LMAO.

This chick, for all her talk about seeing past people's differences - is a walking fucking stereotype.

Literally attention whores. I'm going, I'm going, I'm going. Bye.

1 hour later
Have you noticed I've gone yet, have you? Is anyone mentioning me?

3 hours later
I'm back. I won't be bullied. Here is another god awful take.

6 hours later
I'm being attacked and gonna take a break for a couple of week guys. Stay safe.

9 hours later
The unflushable turd is back!!! I've decided I won't let them win.

Batman gets shot in the head while sitting on a bench,
It's not shown.
Flash gets shot and drops dead on the ground, then gets pissed on.
He drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle, and no he doesn't get pissed on
Green Lantern drops dead wearing only his boxers as if he was a black crack addict shot down by a cop.
... I don't even know what to say here, that's an astonishing reach, that your mind goes to "black crack addict" there is far more telling really.
He drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle, he loses the suit because it's made out of green lantern powers.

Superman drops dead in a square and no one gives a fuck about the repercussions of killing a literal symbol and the most powerful and noble superhuman on the planet
Another one that drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle as I said; their deaths are entirely uneventful.
And they are villains, why would they give a fuck? Waller has never given a shit and wants all "heroes" under control; she'll kill you just because she can.

Wonder Woman is the only JL member who never gets controlled by Brainiac, has a heroic death
Nonsense, flash only gets controlled because he was trying to save the suicide squad, and he saves harley from getting killed.
If you knew anything about diana, you know one of her many magical/godlike abilities is that's she's extremely resistant to mind control and cannot be brainwashed, this isn't some RockSteady invention, it's been part of her powerset forever; she was losing and could've been stunned for capture instead, but braniac probably had no use for her because of her resistance, so she just gets a brutal murder fully shown instead. There was nothing heroic about it, it was pure shock value for its brutality.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's not shown.

... I don't even know what to say here, that's an astonishing reach, that your mind goes to "black crack addict" there is far more telling really.
He drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle, he loses the suit because it's made out of green lantern powers.

Another one that drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle as I said; their deaths are entirely uneventful.
And they are villains, why would they give a fuck? Waller has never given a shit and wants all "heroes" under control; she'll kill you just because she can.

Nonsense, flash only gets controlled because he was trying to save the suicide squad, and he saves harley from getting killed.
If you knew anything about diana, you know one of her many magical/godlike abilities is that's she's extremely resistant to mind control and cannot be brainwashed, this isn't some RockSteady invention, it's been part of her powerset forever; she was losing and could've been stunned for capture instead, but braniac probably had no use for her because of her resistance, so she just gets a brutal murder fully shown instead. There was nothing heroic about it, it was pure shock value for its brutality.

Why are you guys debating which kind of animal shit smells best? Don't spoil GamerGate2, John Marston John Marston paid good money for these seats.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Insomniac is so corrupted with this rot. With their forced DEI classes that were apart of the big leak, I’m not surprised. This is a senior writer on Wolverine. I was going to vet the information from this tweet but apparently she had already blocked me and I barely even tweet anything lol.

Pejo

I know this whole argument between you guys is only tangentially related, but just to play devil's advocate, they pushed as far as they probably could have without actually doing it.

Timestamped Spoilers obviously.

I also get the frustration particularly with how they handled the deaths in the game of male legacy characters but somehow Wonder Woman got a pass. Definitely has that "Sweet Baby feel" if I had to describe it.

they pushed as far as they probably could have without actually doing it.
I know, I've played the whole thing, they stop him from actually doing it, so it doesn't happen, and was imo entirely in character, boomerang fucking hates flash, almost as much as zoom is obsessed with him; saying it does happen is just disingenuous.

FunkMiller

I'd love to see how fast the "they're just additional writers, this has been happening forever, this is standard practice in the industry, nothing to see here" games journalists would change their tune if Sweet Baby was, say, injecting Christian morals into games.

They’d be calling them a bunch of ideological, delusional people, warping and twisting games to fit their own agenda.

And they’d be right.

They same way we are with people like Sweet Baby Inc.

No ideologically driven organisations that refuse to interact with and accept reality should be allowed to influence games development.

Last edited:

Barakov

Insomniac is so corrupted with this rot. With their forced DEI classes that were apart of the big leak, I’m not surprised. This is a senior writer on Wolverine. I was going to vet the information from this tweet but apparently she had already blocked me and I barely even tweet anything lol.

Welp. I guess I can just ignore Wolverine now. What a mess.

Last edited:

zokie

after much thinking i will still buy PS5 Spiderman 2 because of the hardwork of Insomniac Games employees but any future disney collab with that baby , i will not be spending my hard earned $ on

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Caucasians weren't even the only race to have slaves. Makes no sense.
Key difference is out of all the cultures for 1000s of years that enslaved people (both internally and for sale to other countries), it seems Whiteys came out doing the best of the bunch. So the message is Whiteys must had been the worst slavers or them all. And all other countries and cultures that did it get a free pass because they werent as successful benefiting from it. So keep quiet and hope the masses only think White people were involved with slave trading.

Aces High

Their entire lens is that they're always right, and their opponents are always wrong. It doesn't matter what the specific issue is, or even if this completely contradicts another position they espouse; in any given moment or any given argument, they are right, and anyone who disagrees with them is wrong. This is why they push notions like "you can't be racist towards white people" or "you can't be sexist against men." If they're doing something that's obviously wrong, they just redefine words to make themselves sound right, and they always will.
That's the biggest problem.

These people bypass democratic discourse and ignore the fact that their premise is context specific to (parts of) the USA.

The discussion whether racism is about systemic power dynamics versus individual acts of discrimination doesn't make any sense for most parts of the world.

Here in Germany, the vast majority of homeless people are white. The vast majority of blue collar jobs are done by whites. It's the same for most if not all European countries.

In Europe, rich white people have systemic power over poor white people.

It's the same in most parts of the world:

In Asia, rich Asian people have systemic power over poor Asian people.

So in most parts of the world, racism is in fact an individual act of discrimination. An example would be a political extremist person claiming that racism towards whites is not possible, or an organisation excluding whites from their services.

Here comes the funny part:

In order to gain individual power, these political extremists blackmail American corporations into exporting individual acts of discrimination into the rest of the world. And they also blackmail non-American corporations that are active in the USA to adopt these acts of individual discrimination.

What we're witnessing right now is a new form of cultural colonialism.

These colonialists don't use ships. They use the globalized corporate infrastructure in order to reach their goals.

And they don't care at all that the core of their beliefs is unconstitutional and misanthropic. All they care for is power and revenge.

StereoVsn

after much thinking i will still buy PS5 Spiderman 2 because of the hardwork of Insomniac Games employees but any future disney collab with that baby , i will not be spending my hard earned $ on
Buy it used in a bit once the price drops. You will save money, judge the game for itself and won’t support the bullshit going on over there.

Nickolaidas

It's not shown.
So? It happened. Harley's speech happened too. What the fuck did you even try to debunk here?
He drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle
EXACTLY - it is brushed off as if he's INCONSEQUENTIAL, while he's literally one of the greatest people on the planet.
Another one that drops dead without any fanfare or spectacle as I said; their deaths are entirely uneventful
THAT'S THE POINT.
And she completely ignores the fact that the man who saved her life died, because she's too busy saluting Bumerang's dick size, like she's a fucking OnlyFans whore. AGAIN, Flash's death is treated like a joke.
Oh, so now lore matters? Because it sure as hell didn't seem to matter when say, King Shark claimed ownership of the Ring, despite lore expressively saying that the RING chooses the wearer, not the other way around. Kng Shark should NOT be wearing the ring, period.

And if you 'knew anything about Diana', she would do anything, ANYTHING in her power to save one of the most important men in her life, no matter the cost, no matter the situation, no matter the consequences. She wouldn't try to STAB HIM IN THE HEART. Killing Superman WOULDN'T be an option. Killing ANYONE isn't an OPTION for Diana.
I was making a reference to the viral video of a cop shooting down a naked black man who was acting violent under the influence of crack. Can show a link, but I don't want to jeopardize the thread.
she just gets a brutal murder fully shown instead. There was nothing heroic about it, it was pure shock value for its brutality.
It's still meant to be a death that is meant to move your heart strings. Just because they fail to do so doesn't mean it wasn't their intention. That's like telling me that Tommy Wiseau's The Room was MEANT to be funny.

Because make no mistake, this is The Room level of writing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's the biggest problem.

These people bypass democratic discourse and ignore the fact that their premise is context specific to (parts of) the USA.

The discussion whether racism is about systemic power dynamics versus individual acts of discrimination doesn't make any sense for most parts of the world.

Here in Germany, the vast majority of homeless people are white. The vast majority of blue collar jobs are done by whites. It's the same for most if not all European countries.

In Europe, rich white people have systemic power over poor white people.

It's the same in most parts of the world:

In Asia, rich Asian people have systemic power over poor Asian people.

So in most parts of the world, racism is in fact an individual act of discrimination. An example would be a political extremist person claiming that racism towards whites is not possible, or an organisation excluding whites from their services.

Here comes the funny part:

In order to gain individual power, these political extremists blackmail American corporations into exporting individual acts of discrimination into the rest of the world. And they also blackmail non-American corporations that are active in the USA to adopt these acts of individual discrimination.

What we're witnessing right now is a new form of cultural colonialism.

These colonialists don't use ships. They use the globalized corporate infrastructure in order to reach their goals.

And they don't care at all that the core of their beliefs is unconstitutional and misanthropic. All they care for is power and revenge.
What destroys any western view that whiteys oppress minorities is that in probably every one of those countries Asians do the best in education, jobs, salaries and the lowest crime rate. I dont see any white people trying to put their foot down on their heads pinning them down. Nobody cares. If they do well, so be it. And every race warrior tries to ignore that fact because if people bring that up it shows white people arent so oppressive after all. It even goes so far they will combine Asians and Whites into some giant demographic so people cant see Asians split out. Hmm.... I never knew a Japanese dude is the same demographic as a French guy.

Last edited:

That's a no for me on Wolverine, then. Sad since he's my favorite superhero. Oh well, at least I don't have to witness them massacring my boy.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Hmmm. Interesting.

These viral things can act as pretty good weather vanes sometimes. Valve is a major player within the gaming space, and if they're willing to let something like this exist, it might mean the stranglehold isn't as tight as many fear. Let's see if the group continues to climb in numbers, and how that affects things.
what's next?....i think Stellar Blade. its discourse, Critical/economic success or failure will be the strongest point in all this drama.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
If it's a genuinely good game, it'll do very well. Probably disproportionately well, to be honest. Many will buy it just to thumb their noses at the ideologues.
that's the interesting thing.

Sweet Baby CEO's premise is that the demographic for video games is dominated by "white straight males".

now, this game (regardless of quality) is going to be held as a beacon of hope and the online support is going to be incredibly strong.

so...assuming reaches the 80s on MC

is this game going to perform like a niche game (Nier Automata, Bayoneta) or is it going to perform closer to a Sony First party tentpole game?

it's going to be a glorious shit show either way.

but i think its commercial success or failure could send a strong message to Play Station and maybe the industry as a whole.

Top Bottom