• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Steam Controller is the best controller. All they need to do is revamp the voting system. These people with basic 360 pad configs and 3000 users got to fall.

I hate playing fighting games on a controller, but I found that the left trackpad worked surprisingly well for your average Street Fighter motion. I just really hate not having arcade buttons to mash.

I'll pick up the steam controller once they get support for non-steam games in. I enjoy gyro typing on PS4; I can see myself loving gyro aiming.

They already support non-Steam games, they just don't support sharing configs yet (next week). You can still do it by copying the config over to your steam folder from http://steamcontroller.rocks.

Yeah my big hang up with the steam controller is mostly with shooters. I've had great experiences with it in Transformers Devastation and Van Helsing. I also really wish I didn't need to be in Big Picture mode to use it. I still play stuff at my desk I'd rather have the traditional Steam interface. I get why it's the way it is but for a device that's all about options it's kind of weird that not using Big Picture mode isn't one of them. I think I'd even be okay if I had to install separate program to avoid that.

You just need to set up your controller in BPM. After that, you'll be able to use the regular Steam interface if you'd like.

Hektor

re: Age of decadence. Wanted to do the imperial guard questline with a new mercenary character. I can't survive a single fight, neither with a strengthblock build or a Dexdodge.

Is there an emulator I can put my Genesis roms and Neogeo roms in and play from the same front end? Hopefully a nice looking front end.

emulationstation.org/news/

I think this is the one that I heard good things about. It was the first Google hit at least.

Edit: RetroArch is what I was thinking of. Guy above me has it right.

You just need to set up your controller in BPM. After that, you'll be able to use the regular Steam interface if you'd like.

I knew this, but having to boot up Big Picture before every game is kind of a hassle. It's just an unnecessary step I don't need and makes me hesitate turning the controller on every single time. It's a silly hang up I'm aware, but since I'm trying to give an honest opinion I figured I'd mention it.

i bought lightning returns

but-whybpjl5.gif

i'm still a few hours into ffxiii-2..

You don't make good decisions.

MadGear

I'm kinda impressed that people manage to play fighters on the Steam Controller, I can't even play these games well on regular controllers. I always hate the mushy feel of the dpad with almost all modern controllers so I usually end up using the analog stick instead but because I lack precision with these I end up jumping a lot without intending to do so.
Oh well, I'm currently happy being part of the keyboard warriors and with SFVs input buffer I'm in no rush to get a new fight stick right now.

i bought lightning returns

i'm still a few hours into ffxiii-2..

I haven't played XIII-2 at all and I'm considering buying LR ... I just really do not want to play as Serah but then again playing the first part and last part of a trilogy but skipping its middle part isn't something I usually do. Maybe Serah isn't as lame and annoying as I expect her to be?

I'm kinda impressed that people manage to play fighters on the Steam Controller, I can't even play these games well on regular controllers. I always hate the mushy feel of the dpad with almost all modern controllers so I usually end up using the analog stick instead but because I lack precision with these I end up jumping a lot without intending to do so.
Oh well, I'm currently happy being part of the keyboard warriors and with SFVs input buffer I'm in no rush to get a new fight stick right now.

I haven't played XIII-2 at all and I'm considering buying LR ... I just really do not want to play as Serah but then again playing the first part and last part of a trilogy but skipping its middle part isn't something I usually do. Maybe Serah isn't as lame and annoying as I expect her to be?

In Serah's case, she still has more personality and character than Lightning could ever have.

Hektor

lol.

In Serah's case, she still has more personality and character than Lightning could ever have.

That's not always a good thing, if you ask me. :X

Anteater

snow gon ssj2

You don't make good decisions.

no one ever does on steam

we only have people removing their purchases to pretend they never happened

yeah as people said serah has some personality

but then this is from someone who liked snow and find him pretty hilarious in xiii-2

Humble link. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-4D30B263489D6E43 - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.

t1449953992z1.png

Bundle stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battle vs Chess -- MB-3166325299571E0F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-BC02E779182274B3 - Taken by Nzyme32. 13 entrants total.
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China -- MB-D86CC6C35B939068 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-58EF46E5C8CF8250 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Horizon Shift -- MB-8BD85A06030809A4 - Taken by sakyot. 4 entrants total.
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows -- MB-1C1A07A5A75BFFBF - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.

t1449954833z1.png

FLD

Big issue with the dpad emu in the Steam Controller is just how alien it feels for games like shmup and fighting games. Took me about a whole day to get comfortable with it, and I can't play unless the haptics are high. After that I've had no problem with fighting games.

I played an hour or so of Guilty Gear Xrd with it last night. It takes some adjustment but it definitely works. That being said, I'm not sure if I wanna keep playing fighting games on it. I'm a bit of a button masher and now I'm wondering if maybe I was too rough with it.

The dpad now makes this kind of light clicking sound when I slide my thumb from one direction to another (while pressed). And I'm not sure if that was there all along and I just didn't notice or if I was too rough with it and something under the trackpad got... I dunno, loose or whatever. The other trackpad isn't doing it.

e90Mark

Cities Skylines and Banished, the former has more content but Banished is just as fun.

There is also Simcity 4 and the Tropico series.
Thanks! I've been meaning to check out Tropico. I like the setting.
Yeah Planet Coaster looks incredible!

Though RCTW looks like a trainwreck, maybe not in the trailers but from vids and impression of the beta.

I'll have to look more into that about RCTW. Bummer. I was more interested in Planet Coaster anyway.

Hektor

L.O.R.D

LR without a guide is impossibile to complete. So many stupid requirements binded to a specific time window.
Please be careful when reading any guide
I just saw a guide and they put the name of the final boss in the main page of the guide like this :

How to beat "name of the final boss"

Advanced Settings Return: Final Fantasy XIII.
Surprisingly some German translation is super awkward. For example, options to change input between Controller/KBM are called "Art des Controllers" & "Art der Tastatur" which roughly translate to "by way of controller" & "by way of keyboard". Wow, I thought these kind of translations would not be a hurdle for translation team, ha.

Ludens

Banned
Please be careful when reading any guide
I just saw a guide and they put the name of the final boss in the main page of the guide like this :

How to beat "name of the final boss"

Last boss is Mickey Mouse, isn't it?

is there a way to get all re revelaitons 2 episodes in a bundle anymore?

i don't see it in the storepage

There's a 30€ bundle on the store page (it also containts ALL DLCs apparently, and it costs less compared to the 40€ pack offering only episodes plus special episodes).

Dr Dogg

Yeah translation "team". Probably by way of machine translation, which inciedntialy is how I converse with you folk from my native, alien language.

zkylon

zkylewd
There's a 30€ bundle on the store page (it also containts ALL DLCs apparently, and it costs less compared to the 40€ pack offering only episodes plus special episodes).
The DDE includes all episodes.
but that's a lot more expensive than just buying the three other episodes

I have the physical version of it but it's only work on eu accounts
If you want i can sell it for you.
i don't live in eu, so no ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom