• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely buy (all of the Yakuza games on Steam).

I don't know how many others would though. I mean, I have seen lots of games that I consider to be just superb, not selling nearly as many copies as I'd have liked them to. I really hope Yakuza games are different in this regard, and will sell tons.
would buy all of them too. Played Y3, and loved it.

Ludens

Banned
It doesn't say that at all. A build can be ported while its not complete. They can be 50% done with it and still start the port there.

Yeah, of course, but a beta/demo for the new build was promised for something like 8 months ago on PC.
Now they say they aim to release the game in late 2015/early 2016, so I think that build is complete.

Hektor

That ending of Age of Decadence came kinda abrupt wth

Otherwise a cool game tho, played a manipulating merchant and the game allowed me to do just that. Talked myself through most situations by deceiving and lying to other people. Just like irl.

DO YOU READ THAT FALLOUT 4

so i cant play Guilty Gear Xrd using my monitor resolution (1360x768) because the game stays in 1280x720 even if i try to change it in the settings, can i use gedosato to change the resolution? sorry for the question idk much about gedosato just used it like once before for mushihimesama :v

Chariot

Dat hype Chihayafuru trailer

UniqueAntiqueBoto.gif

DeadlyUnpleasantIndianglassfish.gif

Karuta would be some amazing use of VR and something that can track your hand.

Chariot

A Surgeon Sim-style karuta game would be hilarious.
Haha, yeah, that would be fantastic too.

Edit: On another note. 99% of Live-Action adaptions of Anime, be it in Dorama form or movie form, are crap. They even destroyed Tezukas works...
True. It would already help if they wouldn't chose original stories that involve a lot of supernatural and unnatural stuff, not with that budget. Secondly of course the weird way of bringing anime joke behaviour into live action. Just doesn't work out. However Chihayafuru can definitely work.

True. It would already help if they wouldn't chose original stories that involve a lot of supernatural and unnatural stuff, not with that budget. Secondly of course the weird way of bringing anime joke behaviour into live action. Just doesn't work out. However Chihayafuru can definitely work.

Most of the problem is, that they dont want to deal with hard stuff and focus on the idol actors, how to show them off etc.
And they kinda dont wanna deal with hard stuff. The Solanin adaption just wanted to make it a "cry cry" movie without going into the depths that the manga offers.
MW, the Tezuka adaption, was actually about the struggles of a man with homosexuality inside a nice thriller/crime story. The live action was just an action-movie with high ranking actors. No homosexuality involved, no psychological issues...

Chariot

Most of the problem is, that they dont want to deal with hard stuff and focus on the idol actors, how to show them off etc.
And they kinda dont wanna deal with hard stuff. The Solanin adaption just wanted to make it a "cry cry" movie without going into the depths that the manga offers.
MW, the Tezuka adaption, was actually about the struggles of a man with homosexuality inside a nice thriller/crime story. The live action was just an action-movie with high ranking actors. No homosexuality involved, no psychological issues...
Well, that's something Chihayafuru doesn't have to deal with. It's drama is so low key, I would barely even call it drama and mostly focused on being frustrated by losing or facing off against an player who one stands no chance. It's for a sport anime first and foremost and the trailer is presented in that way. It remains to be seen how it turns out, but it does look promising.

Ludens

Banned
Well, it depends: Yattaman, Ichi the Killer and Old Boy are great movie adaptations (I never read the manga anyway, but as movies, they are great).
Anyway I think it's better not to go out of rails (again).

Knurek

Since Konami doesn't want to do AAA games anymore, how can I get them to give their IPs the pixel art treatment?

tumblr_nnudfo2OO51rm8k4oo1_1280.gif

Have Hideo Kojima tweet that he hates pixel art treatment.
And that he would be devastated if one of his previous games would be getting something like that.

Anteater

ff13-2's performance is kind of random... it's a lot less stable than ff13, too lazy to fuck around with settings so I'm just gonna downsample the shit out of it and let the framerate drop, no ragrets

wait for mee lightning!

Deques

Looking for a wireless controller, which is the prefered one, Dualshock 4 or Xbox One controller?

What is the battery time for each of them?

MUnited83

For you.
Looking for a wireless controller, which is the prefered one, Dualshock 4 or Xbox One controller?

DS4 is the better controller, imo, but the battery time is quite weak. 7-10 hours at best. Xbox One controller goes up for a bit over 20 hours, but it needs batteries to be used and you need an expensive proprietary dongle to be able to use the controller on PC.

Knurek

Asymmetric sticks can go fuck themselves.
Battery life for my DS4 is about 3-6 hours on full charge, depending on how much rumble game uses. You can set up DS4Windows to start flashing the LED when the charge is below certain percentage, so you will know when you will have to plug the gamepad in.

def sim

i'd just get the revised xbone controller if you're used to the 360 one otherwise i dunno flip a coin they're both good

Mivey

"By the way, since it's so close to Christmas, don't expect me to work on anything... or, you know, work on anything ever, because I work at Valve now."
It's okay to expect him to work on something. Just don't expect him to ever deliver anything in the next millennia.

Sarcasm

There is a sale for xbox one controller (non elite) with cable for 46..down from 59.99.

DS4 is 59.99. (Sale on DS4 for 49.99) This is looking at amazon.

DS4 is seemly sold out forever here in Taiwan though.

derExperte

You can get an X1 pad for under 40€ here and the wireless dongle is ~22€.

If you don't want to charge your pad ever 4-5 hrs stay the fuck away from the DS4. And while it's not the torture device the DS3 was if given the choice I'll always pick the X1 pad for the analog sticks (don't like the DS's rubber and form even if it isn't disintegrating) and triggers (bumpers on the old version were suboptimal but the ones on the DS4 tend to just break or squeak horribly so even that's a wash). Though some have modded their DS4s with X1 sticks.

Sarcasm

Even then I dunno where you got an additional 50 bucks from and on that same page, if he doesn't have bluetooth on his PC he'd have to buy that as well anyway.

The Xbox dongle is like 47 bucks.

If you want both the controller plus wireless dongle its roughly 75 bucks total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom