• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

you all are just jelly that you never will be so cool as Lightning, or as popular, or as significant, or as godly, etc.

Anteater! I actually find Snow quite funny too, I thought I'm only one that don't outright hate him.
*brofist*?

he is silly, but in a funny way and somebody needs to be a hero, or at least should want to be, we are all filthy cynics that is all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steamcontroller.rocks should be a digital catalogue of rocks that look like the Steam Controller.

Ludens

Banned
you all are just jelly that you never will be so cool as Lightning, or as popular, or as significant, or as godly, etc.

Anteater! I actually find Snow quite funny too, I thought I'm only one that don't outright hate him.
*brofist*?

he is silly, but in a funny way and somebody needs to be a hero, or at least should want to be, we are all filthy cynics that is all.

Snow is a useless character. He acts in a dumb way during FFXIII, in XIII-2 is just dumb, useless and irritating plus his look is even worse than FFXIII. In LR he turned into the dark lord prince of emo dudes, doing parties for 500 years. He deserves to die, he is useful like a toilet on the moon.

Ludens

Banned
I was talking to Anteater, exactly because of posts like yours, you know, you won't change my opinion by hating more, just sayin

Nah, I'm not interested into changing your opinion, also no hate toward a fictional character.
After all, games like FFXIII Trilogy and Lucius wouldn't be the same without similar characters.

Corpekata

Banned
Snow is every irritating "power of love and friendship" trope solidified into human form. Except he looks like 10 years older than most of the characters that are annoying about that shit so it looks extra sad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yx8fT2C.jpg
Disappointed it wasnt birdwatching.
Snow is every irritating "power of love and friendship" trope solidified into human form. Except he looks like 10 years older than most of the characters that are annoying about that shit so it looks extra sad.

He is like that 27-30ish guy who hangs in the mall trying to be the cool & edgy guy with the 16-18 year old kids.

Arthea

Snow is the embodiment of dudebro. Make of that what you will.

correction, dudebro with a hero shtick, it changes everything!

also I don't think that games should only have characters we like, especially because we like different things, if a character annoy the heck out of me, (hi Luke fon Fabre) I consider it well made character, because that's reaction and memories, not "I played but can't remember anybody" thingie. So ya, I welcome horrible well made characters
like Lightning

Corpekata

Banned
A character you don't like is fine, but there's a difference between Walter White and Jar Jar Binks. Both are loathsome, but one is because of his actions and character development, the other because he has an annoying voice and steps in the poopy.

Dr Dogg

Velvet Bouncer and Loyal Servant are two of the swaggest outfits in the whole FF series let alone Lightning Returns. The former is uber powerful to use as well with a decent attack power boost.

Arthea

A character you don't like is fine, but there's a difference between Walter White and Jar Jar Binks. Both are loathsome, but one is because of his actions and character development, the other because he has an annoying voice and steps in the poopy.

I had to google Walter White and I remember Jar Jar, so here goes your answer.

hilarious, isn't it?

Velvet Bouncer and Loyal Servant are two of the swaggest outfits in the whole FF series let alone Lightning Returns. The former is uber powerful to use as well with a decent attack power boost.

That came out of nowhere, we are talking about characters not costumes
although sometimes it can be hard to distinguish the two

Corpekata

Banned
I had to google Walter White and I remember Jar Jar, so here goes your answer.

hilarious, isn't it?

You probably had to google him because you haven't watched the show.

If you have, then yikes. You can defend characters like Luke and Snow, but can't remember Breaking Bad?

Dr Dogg

That came out of nowhere, we are talking about characters not costumes
although sometimes it can be hard to distinguish the two

No you're chatting about characters and I'm referring to zkylon's post about 10 up but quoting is for chumps (although I did just quote you... D'oh!).

I found a save file online for the Witcher 2 that was close to where I was. The build was different so I used a trainer and maxed my skillpoints. No fucks were given. I just want to beat it and be done with it. Will read up on other path through the wiki or something.

Might start LR after this or wait for mod to add all DLC like XIII-2 had.

gurm3n

Neo Member
I found a save file online for the Witcher 2 that was close to where I was. The build was different so I used a trainer and maxed my skillpoints. No fucks were given. I just want to beat it and be done with it. Will read up on other path through the wiki or something.

Might start LR after this or wait for mod to add all DLC like XIII-2 had.

Where did you left Witcher 2?? And IMO you shouldn't worry nor feel guilty about using a trainer since the game turns stupidly easy as you progress through the game, so in the end it doesn't really matter.

Did anyone see this on Steam? Just really for the player count it sounds interesting to me.

If Lashman posted it my fault Lashy I missed it.

Damn, it looks really nice! That may be an interesting option for people that were into Red Orchestra or ARMA games.

Ludens

Banned
Wow, side-quests in LR are amazing.

"Find 13 clocks scattered between the city."
"Find all music chests scattered between the city."
"Find all mysterious chests scattered between the city."

The sad thing is this garbage is pretty much mandatory if you want level up your character and achieve the good ending/unlock the secret dungeon.

No really, the idea to bind level up to side-quests only is GREAT :l

zkylon

zkylewd
just spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to skip all the spider areas in pillars of eternity but i feel stressed about it already, so not gonna bother

this is depressing, i put so much money for this game and i wanna play it so bad :/

just spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to skip all the spider areas in pillars of eternity but i feel stressed about it already, so not gonna bother

this is depressing, i put so much money for this game and i wanna play it so bad :/

A game with that many spiders is a game I wouldn't touch anyways. Fuck PoE.

I don't have much faith in multiplayer-only indie games. Chances are that it might never have a full 50 vs 50 server lol

If it's f2p, and the game itself is halfway decent, there's a chance you could get a full server.

If there's any price point at all, even if it's GOAT, snowball's chance in hell.

My question is, how will they troll-proof it? You can troll in a MOBA and ruin the day of four other people. You could troll in another FPS and piss off maybe a dozen. But the opportunity to troll 50 people at once? You might find it's attracting multiple trolls attempting to out-troll one another.

Before you get any hype,remember that Sony paid alot of money to advertise MAG.

Hey I know but this isn't by Zipper or 256 players lol.

If it's f2p, and the game itself is halfway decent, there's a chance you could get a full server.

If there's any price point at all, even if it's GOAT, snowball's chance in hell.

My question is, how will they troll-proof it? You can troll in a MOBA and ruin the day of four other people. You could troll in another FPS and piss off maybe a dozen. But the opportunity to troll 50 people at once? You might find it's attracting multiple trolls attempting to out-troll one another.

That's a good question. Something tells me no.

zkylon

zkylewd

same way mobas get rid of trolls, they ban your ass if u pull any shit

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I don't think it's possible to skip those encounters anyway. You'll definitely have to fight some of the smaller ones in some of the earlier areas, and the game's equivalent of the stronghold has several floors featuring spiders and an optional spider boss on the first floor. The spider queen caught me off guard when I encountered it.

I wouldn't really call it two steps backwards. That implies the bad ports are worse than none. Bad port quality and lateness are things that can be fixed with future releases (ugh...I hope.) But it's better than no ports whatsoever.

I mean that said, it's like the apples in the vending machine. They put the good apples in the back and the bad ones in the front. But if you buy the bad apples to get to the good ones, the apple vendors might think you like bad apples and that's all you'll get. So how do you get the good apples? ...You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom