• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready or not, here it comes.

Guess one game from the flashes that will be announced at 1:00 AM EST.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

If there are two correct guessers, the person who guessed first is the winner.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.
South Park™: The Stick of Truth

Jawmuncher

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Dino Crisis

Zeeman

Everyday Genius: SquareLogic

DuckTales Remastered, third times the charm!

Figure I'll post this community side as well, for the folks that only hang out here. Apologies if this seems spammy. Good luck, Steam GAF, here's to another great year.

Why would that be spammy? I'm pretty sure we love giveaways here :)

I won't enter this one though, since I don't think I would play it any time soon if ever. Seems highly revered by a lot of GAFers though.

Still hoping for Agarest

Blu(e)

F.E.A.R. 3
Was wondering why this thread has gotten so big.

ExoSoul

Banned

Cave Story+

Jadax

Sunless Sea

Rochard

denx

Sim City 4

realMyst: Masterpiece Edition

user237

The Swapper

This time, TowerFall Ascension

Not directly Steam-related, but close enough:

So in preparation for my new PC that's showing up in 10 days (Hooray for Haswell-E, 16 gigs of RAM, and a GTX980, paid for by work!), I got myself a mechanical keyboard as a bit of a Christmas present to myself.

Holy cow. Why didn't I make the jump to mechanical sooner? It feels so much better. Shockingly so. I can't imagine ever going back.

Sunless Sea is pretty popular today.

Sunless Sea has so much potential! The writing and worldbuilding is fantastic, and the exploration is fascinating. The combat, unfortunately, is still profoundly janky. Janky in a totally different way from the turn-based janky system they started with, but still janky.

I actually wish there was a "no combat" mode that was really just focused on exploration, trading, storytelling, etc.

Turfster

Holy cow. Why didn't I make the jump to mechanical sooner? It feels so much better. Shockingly so. I can't imagine ever going back.
Which one did you get?
Hopefully not a steelseries 7G, because those things are straight up jank.
The spacebar design on them is so bad that it keeps popping loose...

Sini

Dream Machine

So in preparation for my new PC that's showing up in 10 days (Hooray for Haswell-E, 16 gigs of RAM, and a GTX980, paid for by work!), I got myself a mechanical keyboard as a bit of a Christmas present to myself.

I'd like to try a mechanical keyboard sometime... I always got the cheapest OEM Microsoft-branded keyboard and mouse I can find :\

Sunless Sea has so much potential! The writing and worldbuilding is fantastic, and the exploration is fascinating. The combat, unfortunately, is still profoundly janky. Janky in a totally different way from the turn-based janky system they started with, but still janky.

I actually wish there was a "no combat" mode that was really just focused on exploration, trading, storytelling, etc.

I agree with that 100%. The combat WORKS. Not well, but it works. They should make a mode with resource management instead of combat

If My Heart Had Wings
plz gaben

what kind of job you working that you get such a monster pc as work-related ? and are you in need of a personal assistant? ;)

what does feel better about mechanical kb specifically? i never used one so i can't figure out how it would benefit me.

what kind of job you working that you get such a monster pc as work-related ? and are you in need of a personal assistant? ;)

what does feel better about mechanical kb specifically? i never used one so i can't figure out how it would benefit me.

I'm actually a marketing professor, I run consumer behavior studies on "interface psychology" exploring how changes in technology interfaces affect how we consume and use media as consumers (i.e. does shopping on a touchscreen vs a mouse change how we perceive products, what happens when brands are introduced into interactive game environments etc).

I don't actually remotely need a PC this powerful. I do need to edit video for some of my study stimuli (making custom commercials, etc), but I have a ludicrously powerful workstation in my lab for that stuff. But when they agreed to buy me a new home desktop (something they normally don't do), they said as long as it was a Dell, I could get whatever I wanted. So on a lark I submitted a request for a pretty maxxed-out new Alienware Area-51 desktop, expecting them to say no. The thing is a riot; it looks like a neon ttriangular spaceship and there is NO WAY it can be mistaken for a work machine...... but they basically don't care. From a departmental perspective, it's not that big a deal I guess; given I normally mostly go to domestic conferences rather than international conferences they might be viewing this home splurge as making up that cost difference.

As for the mechanical keyboard, the key thing is the "trigger" that registers the button press isn't "fully-slammed-down" like with a normal membrane keyboard; you don't need to bottom the keys out to trigger the letterpress (and the Brown switches I have have a tactile "bump" at the trigger point). The keys just feel fantastic, and the thing sounds amazing too. Clicky, but not annoyingly so.

oipic

Gosh, lots of guesses today, with two hours still to go. Will be staggered if Speevy's jackpot isn't snared by one of you guys today. Good luck, everyone. :)

Sold the TF2 promo items that came with the copy of Wolfenstein:TNO I got from GMG a few days ago...look out Steam store, I got a whole $2 to spend...lol

I'm actually a marketing professor, I run consumer behavior studies on "interface psychology" exploring how changes in technology interfaces affect how we consume and use media as consumers (i.e. does shopping on a touchscreen vs a mouse change how we perceive products, what happens when brands are introduced into interactive game environments etc).

I don't actually remotely need a PC this powerful. I do need to edit video for some of my study stimuli (making custom commercials, etc), but I have a ludicrously powerful workstation in my lab for that stuff. But when they agreed to buy me a new home desktop (something they normally don't do), they said as long as it was a Dell, I could get whatever I wanted. So on a lark I submitted a request for a pretty maxxed-out new Alienware Area-51 desktop, expecting them to say no. The thing is a riot; it looks like a neon ttriangular spaceship and there is NO WAY it can be mistaken for a work machine...... but they basically don't care. From a departmental perspective, it's not that big a deal I guess; given I normally mostly go to domestic conferences rather than international conferences they might be viewing this home splurge as making up that cost difference.

As for the mechanical keyboard, the key thing is the "trigger" that registers the button press isn't "fully-slammed-down" like with a normal membrane keyboard; you don't need to bottom the keys out to trigger the letterpress (and the Brown switches I have have a tactile "bump" at the trigger point). The keys just feel fantastic, and the thing sounds amazing too. Clicky, but not annoyingly so.
oh, interesting. marketing? so you are profiling us gaf users as well i think when you see our reactions to trailers or tweets etc.? ;)
i gotta be careful around you prof :p

yeah, that gaming pc doesn't make sense but hey, congrats on getting it, hah.

mechanical keyboard huh? ok, sounds good. gonna keep in mind for future then.

have fun doing "marketing research" at 1440p@120fps then ;)

Ventara

I'll go with Halfway again.

Damn you BinaryPork! Taking my guess! *shakes fist*

I'm probably too late, but I'll go with LA Cops.

Cth

I am Bread

AsylumX

I'll go with Wizorb once more... Third time's the charm.

Turfster

So many people picked games that had already been mentioned...

Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry Brown switches. Love it so far. Feels so great.

Might have to look into that.
The blacks on the steelseries are okay, but the overall build quality for a 120$(!) keyboard is shockingly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom