• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to see how the sales go until the 1st then I'll probably buy a couple games then. I've more or less gotten the games I'd want so far from either Steam or other sites.

kcp12304

Banned
Ready or not, here it comes.

Guess one game from the flashes that will be announced at 1:00 AM EST.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

If there are two correct guessers, the person who guessed first is the winner.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Bastion

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $25. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $25.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. I will end the voting at my discretion around 12:45 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.

Could the FOURTH try for Far Cry 4 come up a winner?

We'll see in less than two hours.

(Far Cry 4)

Turfster

Oh... and someone should do "Game of Thrones [Telltale]".
After last night's borderlands appearance, I'm guessing it could be a trend. :p

(someone already did)

I'm kinda disappointed the "retro" option in Shadowgate is just an averaging filter run on the new graphics. It makes them too busy and hard to read, unlike the clean, sparse originals.

DocSeuss

System Shock 2.

May not be on because of how awesome this Norco stuff is. It makes me want to sleep while conscious.

SteamWorld Dig

Killcaustic68

Neo Member

long live the queen

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god, I will shoot Kaz in the face the first time I get. Konami needs to include an option to stop his exposition on subsequent playthroughs alongside an option to automatically skip the cutscenes.

tebunker

Banned

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum

I swear to god, I will shoot Kaz in the face the first time I get. Konami needs to include an option to stop his exposition on subsequent playthroughs alongside an option to automatically skip the cutscenes.

for Ground Zeroes?...I thought you could skip cutscenes already

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Transformers War for Cybertron

Sch1sm

Fair few of these guessed games have already showed up earlier on, I think. Speevy might be going another day yet at this rate.

E: Also. Still siting on the fence for Child of Light. What do you say here, Steam GAF? Yes, no?

Not sure if it's been guessed yet ( or avoided because it may have already been on ) but I vote for ryse.

Mostly because i want to see it appear again.

user237

I need a script thingy that reminds me of when a game I'm looking at on Steam Store is already in my GoG/Origin/Desura/whatever account. Just a big fat warning sign that says "don't buy that you already got it!"

gaiadyne

Agarest: Generations of War

RedFyn

Rayman origins

cicero

I choose Desktop Dungeons.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
for Ground Zeroes?...I thought you could skip cutscenes already

They have to be done manually. And you can't just hit escape, no you have to mess around with a selection menu. Which is great when you're half way through a mission or seeing the same opening sequence for the 7th-10th time.

Thanks

Kaz is the best thing about MGSV though.

Not when you're on your 8th run trying to get the timings and path down or exploring a potentially faster route. At that point, the last thing you want to hear is the same exposition again.

xezuru

My chance to win is so ass but either way I'd like to say thanks to Speevy for takin his own money and giving us the Steam Metagame we all needed.

bigzgod

Satellite Reign again!

Ducktales Remastered

autoduelist

So... is there any way to view any useful info from library view? This is driving me nuts.

Why can't steam give me a library grid that has stuff like 'user ratings', 'description blurb', etc built in so I could sort on the fly?

As it is, the quickest way I can find out more about a game I own currently is switching from my client to firefox and searching the steam store. (This is faster than clicking 'visit store page' from the library listing because doing that often resets your open/closed categories when you come back to your library, causing much grief and heartache).

Satellite Reign again!

If I was going to vote, that was going to be my vote. So I hope you win.

daaaaamn

dark souls ptd is such an awesome game.

witnessed a great struggle against manus but in the end perseverance prevailed.

what a thrill it was to watch.

Speevy

Banned
Guys, you're all welcome. It's no big thing to spend money. I hope that each of you surprised your favorite Steam friend (the person who got you into steam, or the person you play games with) with a holiday game.

I always like to remind people of the time a Teamxbox user surprised me with a brand new Xbox and 6 games on Christmas day. A Neogaffer sent me hundreds of codes so I could enter that Every10minutes contest, which in turn won my a free Xbox 360. I've played hundreds of games on Liquidmetal14's PSN accounts, and many of you have surprised me with Steam gifts.

Before I could give anything, I realized that making someone play a game grows a community quicker than anything. My nephew now has about 14 Steam games where once he had none. He's ecstatic. When I was his age, I never had more than 3 or 4 games for any system.

Spread it when you can is all I can say.

Wookieomg

Guys, you're all welcome. It's no big thing to spend money. I hope that each of you surprised your favorite Steam friend (the person who got you into steam, or the person you play games with) with a holiday game.

I always like to remind people of the time a Teamxbox user surprised me with a brand new Xbox and 6 games on Christmas day. A Neogaffer sent me hundreds of codes so I could enter that Every10minutes contest, which in turn won my a free Xbox 360. I've played hundreds of games on Liquidmetal14's PSN accounts, and many of you have surprised me with Steam gifts.

Before I could give anything, I realized that making someone play a game grows a community quicker than anything. My nephew now has about 14 Steam games where once he had none. He's ecstatic. When I was his age, I never had more than 3 or 4 games for any system.

zlVWIMw.gif

I'm having a really good time with Final Fantasy XIII. I'm on Chapter 6, and really like how the game is constantly changing the look of it's surroundings. Yeah it's incredibly linear, and limited in exploration so far, but I really dig the battle system. Somehow, I'm not tired of the Cutscene>Walk>Fight>Walk>Cutscene>Walk>Fight>Walk>etc. formula, which is surprising to me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it through, and moving to XIII-2 which a lot of people seemed into.

Cool game.

Lomax

Agarest 2

Totally just realized that I probably guaranteed an Agarest daily by being an idiot and forgetting that the newer one is named Agarest Zero, not Agarest 2. Ah well. At least I finally got my computer running seemingly stable. Hopefully we'll get one more new day of sales tomorrow and not just a recap.

Also, I think we can say at this point that having the two separate threads running at the same time was an unqualified success that worked out almost perfectly.

You're an awesome guy and this contest of yours was fantastic and generous.

dem feels

Guys, you're all welcome. [...]
very well said. surprising friends with gifts is truly such a great feeling. instead of buying for myself and only me getting a bit happy, i feel so much happier when i see a buddy being happy. it is really fascinating.
folks like you, corrosivefrost, rhaknar, nbnt, subzero really made me get into gifting tbh. i am way less able to do big events like you all but i realized even with the few and small games, it is a great experience.

Hotline Miami and thank you for this Speevy <3

Hey Steam-GAF. I am in the process of building a new PC and I was wondering what controller you would recommend buying to go along with it for Steam gaming. I have never owned a console or controller for gaming, but I want to play some games for which a controller is required (such as Dark Souls). I'm not too concerned about wireless vs. wired. What would be the easiest option for Steam gaming? I've heard the Xbox controller is pretty much just plug and play, would that be a good choice for what I'm looking for?

very well said. surprising friends with gifts is truly such a great feeling. instead of buying for myself and only me getting a bit happy, i feel so much happier when i see a buddy being happy. it is really fascinating.
folks like you, corrosivefrost, rhaknar, nbnt, subzero really made me get into gifting tbh. i am way less able to do big events like you all but i realized even with the few and small games, it is a great experience.

I wholeheartedly agree. I spent most of the sale gifting others rather than buying for myself and it has been a great experience, especially with surprising people with gifts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom