• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Grief just got it... so talk to him, maybe you can get your SL sync'ed up enough to have him drop the one you need and save you some time.
not a bad idea, i just might ask him

also sen's without a shield is rough. i haven't played dks1 in a while so i'm not sure why, but i'm doing like basically no damage to the snake dudes unless i riposte/backstab them. they're hard to parry cos their attacks have pretty awkard timings but it's like, i do barely any damage

i went 16-16 on str/dex and my halberd is +2. i don't think i should be scratching them -___-

I see, Turfster worst nightmare

#$*&^%$#@!!!!

Thank you for reminding me. TO THE LIST!

Everyone, don't forget Onimusha 3 is currently 80% off at $3.99. I doubt it will hit lower.

Good suggestion. Gold star!

not a bad idea, i just might ask him

also sen's without a shield is rough. i haven't played dks1 in a while so i'm not sure why, but i'm doing like basically no damage to the snake dudes unless i riposte/backstab them. they're hard to parry cos their attacks have pretty awkard timings but it's like, i do barely any damage

i went 16-16 on str/dex and my halberd is +2. i don't think i should be scratching them -___-

Some things are weird like that... I don't think I've touched anything other than VIT/END/DEX so far, and my uchi is +5... and I was barely touching gaping dragon... took forever (and Solaire bit it in the process). Queelag was no different.

zkylon

zkylewd
Some things are weird like that... I don't think I've touched anything other than VIT/END/DEX so far, and my uchi is +5... and I was barely touching gaping dragon... took forever (and Solaire bit it in the process). Queelag was no different.
yeah i just used resins for quelaag and gaping dragon

now that i found the lighting spear i'm doing a lot more damage to the snake dudes

i dunno what that hell is wrong, i tried every weapon i got

anyways, lemme tell ya, the ledge with the swinging pendulums and the snake mage guy is brutal without a shield lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I kinda miss getting cards while buying stuff :(

And lame that they made voting sales 24 hours now rather than every 8 hours

Copons

Fotonica looks rad. First person runner where you're going super fast. The video is trippy.

It has been lower (but when it was still a Greenlight) and it's not a daily at the moment, but y'all gross good-for-nothing crowd should absolutely buy & play this game, as it's a real treat.
When you need something for a quick and painless gaming session, full of good music good visuals and good vibes, and that could unexpectedly transform into a hour long retry streak to get the best medal, Fotonica is your game.

Also support Italian indie development! \m/

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how it compares to inMomentum
Don't forget T.E.C. 3001!

Another cool looking game I found is The Yawhg. Randomized, multiplayer choose your own adventure. Illustrations are great:
ss_a744080ce46f0fdb6bf9ee1483bea56302e5dc32.jpg

ss_f4a7f3838663cda297f61f5fdfd9f91f09d8778c.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Very different, imo. InMomentum has more detailed platforming elements, sideways traversal, uses more of the 3D space. It counts more on the player wanting to achieve speed through bunny hopping and the like. Think Quake. Fotonica is more about just timing and a two dimensional, high/middle/low road approach to moving forward. Think more like an infinite runner more than a quake map/surf map for counter strike.

zkylon

zkylewd
got to the top of sen's

holy shit dark souls is such a different game without a shield

i'm laughing my butt off at my shitty parries omg

I just figured out how to get Serious Sam 3 to run at a constant 60 and im so hype. Im not the type to care about framerate but it just feels so much better after playing half of it at sub30. It looks fucking gorgeous and it's as fun as ever. If anything, the enemies feel a bit stale since they're the same ones from the whole series but its still awesome

Popstar

Very different, imo. InMomentum has more detailed platforming elements, sideways traversal, uses more of the 3D space. It counts more on the player wanting to achieve speed through bunny hopping and the like. Think Quake. Fotonica is more about just timing and a two dimensional, high/middle/low road approach to moving forward. Think more like an infinite runner more than a quake map/surf map for counter strike.
Does Fotonica auto-run? Is it like Canabalt in first person?

Copons

I haven't played any of them two, but just looking at them and reading their description, I could say there's a big difference with Fotonica:

in Fotonica you just keep pushed any button to run. That's it.
When you release the button, it jumps; if you push mid-air, it lands faster and starts running again. That's it, really.

You can't slide, crouch, attack or change direction.

In a sense, that's something closer to Super Hexagon than Rez (visually) or, say, Bit.Trip Runner (they're both runners).
The sheer concentration, the fast retry, the absence of distracting eye candy, and the aim for a perfect run, tend to put the player in a sort-of-hypnosis state, with the eyes glued to the screen and the mind clean of outside thoughts.

This said, as it is the case with Hexagon, and even if this doesn't share its terrifying difficulty, Fotonica is NOT a game for everybody.
(And again, it's not a featured deal and it has been cheaper.)

But, there is a demo here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/SantaRagione/fotonica (Unity Webplayer needed, and it's not polished as the proper game, but still it should give you the idea)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Does Fotonica auto-run? Is it like Canabalt in first person?

You hold down any button to run, let go to jump, and then press any button again to force yourself to land. You build momentum by completing jumps without hitting any obstacles. Some will just slow you down or bring you to a complete halt, requiring you to gain all of your speed back. Others will throw you down into the void, requiring you to restart.

Edit: my man copons and I on the Santa Ragione detail crew. I'm tired and full of tramadol, listen to the cat on this one.

$h@d0w

Bought a DualShock 4 today and finished Ground Zeroes - both excellent.

I got the newest Urban Camo version of the controller and it had fixed analog sticks. It seems they have gone back to using the PS3 nub material for the sticks now.

C4rter

Enhanced Steam is somehow hiding games I own on search result pages.
Is it supposed to do that and can I disable that feature? I'm in Firefox.

zkylon

zkylewd
I always just killed that guy with arrows before starting across.

yeah but no bow is another rule for this playthrough heh

making the rules as i go and it's a pretty casual playthrough since i'm not really great at the game or anything, so i might break them if necessary. i'm looking forward to ornstein and smough kicking my ass

i don't think you can parry as many bosses in dks1 as you can in dks2 tho

that's gonna be a problem lol

Maybe it was a mistake to browse this thread. Now everywhere I go on GAF I get the same ad. (I wonder if it's any good)

wtTVTdQ.png

I hadn't seen that one. I wish EA would put the Mirror's Edge pure time trial DLC on steam (yes, a PC version does exist)

I nearly got that in the auction. Instead, I went and got Malebolgia.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Heck yeah, I'm an almost authorized Santa Ragione shill here! :D

Which reminds me, everyone should be keeping their eyes open for Mirrormoon EP, their other game on Steam. Vastly different from Fotonica, but a great minimalist space experience. Think No Mans Sky, but without all the grandiose stuff. Just about raw exploration, understanding how things work by simply experimenting. The mere act of figuring out the cockpit will show if you've got the mettle to make it in such a cold, uncaring and heavily drug-fueled 70s art space game.

Tizoc

Ninja Blade is a terrible QTE-fest from what I heard >_>;
I still plan on playing it someday I think I still got it from GMG for free?

Metal Wolf Chaos is the only FROM SOFTWARE game I would ever want and need on Steam

The trailer music is great. I love acoustic guitar.

I found a game that might be up corrosivefrost's alley if he doesn't already have it: Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise, a martial arts beat 'em up.

It starts out OK, but mid to late game it becomes boring.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There's four games I am hoping From Software brings to Steam, but very much doubt they will. The above President Mecha game is one of them, but I also want;

Kuon.jpg
Echo%20Night.jpg
Echo_Night_-_Beyond_Coverart.png

Played all three of these, all three are pretty good old horror games, wish all three would come to Steam, but know they probably never will.

Tizoc

Oh yeah I remember hearing about Shadow Puppeteer, does it implement the light and shadow thing better than that one game whose name escapes me atm but was released earlier this year on PS4?

There's four games I am hoping From Software brings to Steam, but very much doubt they will. The above President Mecha game is one of them, but I also want;

Kuon.jpg
Echo%20Night.jpg
Echo_Night_-_Beyond_Coverart.png

Played all three of these, all three are pretty good old horror games, wish all three would come to Steam, but know they probably never will.
Never hurts to e-mail or tweet them about it.
At the very least a PS2 Classics release could happen.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom