• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my monitor died last night as I tried to turn it back on immediately after turning it off only for there to be not so much as a power LED, however I later discovered the power cable had just loosened a bit. I was convinced that I was up for a new monitor, though, given my recent bad luck with HDDs.
I think that has happened to everyone, like the bad colors with a slightly loose vga cable >.<

Ruruja

It says View the Results on community vote, but doesn't show who won - they've really goosed the community vote up so far this sale.

Chariot

I was laying in bed, tossing and turning and pissed off that I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars. Then I remembered my old PC that was under the stairs so I got it out, removed it's PSU and jammed that into my current machine.

I powered on and was covered in a waterfall of sparks that popped out of the ATX12V.

But it powered everything on. And then I plugged the original PSU back in and it totally worked.

I'll take singed arm hair and brown underpants over buying new motherboards, CPUs and PSUs.
In my mind you are a big, muscled hairy soviet worker that beats a machinery with a rusty hammer in slow motions. Dropping sweat and sparks with every hit.

Lomax

It says View the Results on community vote, but doesn't show who won - they've really goosed the community vote up so far this sale.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they put their interns and visitors in charge of running the site for this sale.

Chariot

Get a room.
Oh, that is no problem. Arthea gifted me one.

jdgpvzhLy55fs.png

The_Monk

Arrived home just in time for some deals, wishing for some nice deals! Hope everyone is doing okay in this cold, cold Sunday.

Went to help out my family and also took my grandfather to eat some cake since it is his birthday. He's 95 years old.
:')

I have an oddly specific question. I've seen websites that function as databases of game length so you can get a feeling of how long it'll take to complete a given game. Does anyone know of a site like that which also syncs/logs in with your Steam? I

Beelzebubs

I have an oddly specific question. I've seen websites that function as databases of game length so you can get a feeling of how long it'll take to complete a given game. Does anyone know of a site like that which also syncs/logs in with your Steam? I

Not too sure a site like that would be reliable sheerly based on the amount of people who idle for cards.

pahamrick

Arrived home just in time for some deals, wishing for some nice deals! Hope everyone is doing okay in this cold, cold Sunday.

Went to help out my family and also took my grandfather to eat some cake since it is his birthday. He's 95 years old.

Wow, he's seen some stuff in his life. Happy Birthday to your Grandfather!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Stay warm, my friend. It's cold here too, almost 50 degrees F. ;)

Birthday celebrations with older relatives are so great - cherish them. I lost my grandfather not too long ago, and I'll always remember the wonderful stories he used to tell me of how the world worked when he was younger. I hope he had a good birthday party!

Copons

Btw the held hostage thread keeps on giving and I don't know exactly how to react.
Like, if I was younger, I'd fight with utmost fierce hitting with flames and trolling like there was no
ban
tomorrow.
But now that I'm oldish and wiseish, and I'd just like to tell people if/when/why they're wrong, I hesitate to post something as I feel I could be feeding trolls.

Also, as usual, outside of here is so scary.

Lomax

75% off Transistor, Child of Light and 85% off Escape Goat 2 and Lords of Xulima.
You heard it first here, guys.

I would probably buy all four of those. Alas, I fear your prediction may be slightly inaccurate. But if you're right, I'll buy you a present. A good one!

Btw the held hostage thread keeps on giving and I don't know exactly how to react.
Like, if I was younger, I'd fight with utmost fierce hitting with flames and trolling like there was no
ban
tomorrow.
But now that I'm oldish and wiseish, and I'd just like to tell people if/when/why they're wrong, I hesitate to post something as I feel I could be feeding trolls.

Also, as usual, outside of here is so scary.

The sad thing is, a good discussion about the state of Steam really is needed, and a lot of the hyperbolic posts have some valid points buried in them. It's just impossible to have constructive discussions on the internet based around criticism.

Not too sure a site like that would be reliable sheerly based on the amount of people who idle for cards.
I was hoping for a site that didn't just pull game times from accounts, but required manual entry like HLTB. I just wanted the Steak connectivity because I'm lazy and I wanted to see a list of all potential game times instead of having to manually search.

Copons

Apparently we're all into some serious dick sucking too. :O

I'm a pure soul and I prefer being defined for being an emotionally invested sycophant and not by my sexual habits. :'(

Also, why the fuck would we be sycophants? What kind of advantages we're gaining calling out their bullshit? Like, every 10 times I say CS:GO microstransactions are only skins, I'm entitled to sell a non-waifu foil card for more than 0.20€?

Lomax

Why don't they show the vote winner right after voting is over? I want to get angry now and not in 20 minutes.

I'm hoping the lack of a "winner" means we'll just see all three full discounts again. Not that I'd buy any of them, but it would be an improvement on the system.

I have grown numb from that hostage thread. I am now unable to tell opinions, sarcasm and trolls apart now.

EDIT: Also, why isn't it locked yet?

You say that as if there's a difference...

And it probably isn't locked because it seems like the biggest trolls in the steam holiday thread are mods, so they probably find it amusing. And it honestly isn't that bad, compared to some threads.

Milamber

I have grown numb from that hostage thread. I am now unable to tell opinions, sarcasm and trolls apart now.

EDIT: Also, why isn't it locked yet?

The_Monk

Wow, he's seen some stuff in his life. Happy Birthday to your Grandfather!

Thanks my good man!

Stay warm, my friend. It's cold here too, almost 50 degrees F. ;)

Birthday celebrations with older relatives are so great - cherish them. I lost my grandfather not too long ago, and I'll always remember the wonderful stories he used to tell me of how the world worked when he was younger. I hope he had a good birthday party!

What is this 50º F nonsense? :p Around 10º C in here, but those are some wise words indeed my friend, I always cherish these moments. He tells the stories of worlds that no longer exist. 95 years is a great achievement if you ask me. The best part? He's a big fan of videogames, He loves to watch me play games when I take care of him. Just for kicks:

He loves:

Those older Assassin's Creed games.

What he likes in that game: Some cities reminds when he had to go to the city to grab some groceries and materials for his farm.

What he says I do wrong in the game: Riding a horse in the middle of the city. He says I should put it in this special place and only then I should go do my work at the town.

What he does not approve: Talking to a witch (a woman wearing only black, with a hood and some suspicious look, for him, it's always a witch). "Witches are evil" and I should not trust them. Since all the RPG's I played on my console have some of them looking like this, he does not approve any, lol.

He likes the Dirt series because I convinced them that some rally tracks where inspired where he used to believe ( I only say this because he believe and get all proud of his place). Any other racing game is "ok". Also loves Dark Souls, was not a fan of Skyrim unless I was by the fire cooking meals.

The best part is the advice he constantly gives me when doing quests or missions. Also, he does not like: Call of Duty games. Reason: "War is wrong, war do you no good, lot's of people getting killed".

Also, any horrible monster in any game? It's Lucifer, it's always Lucifer/Devil in disguise.

Dr Dogg

Good to see the NeoGAF Ass Creed Unity in game Club is stuffed to the gills with members. 31 to be exact.

Anyway I'm ready for disappointment with the new batch of deals!

Durante

75% off Transistor, Child of Light and 85% off Escape Goat 2 and Lords of Xulima.
You heard it first here, guys.
Did I ever say that everyone should buy Escape Goat 2? Because everyone should buy Escape Goat 2. It's a supremely well-designed game.

Corpekata

Banned
Good to see the NeoGAF Ass Creed Unity in game Club is stuffed to the gills with members. 31 to be exact.

Anyway I'm ready for disappointment with the new batch of deals!

Does it actually show you the names? It always reports the names back as my own, even after all these patches.

Turfster

Daily
  • Shadow Warrior 90% off
  • Never Alone 33% off
  • Skyrim 75% off
  • Spintires 66% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • Five Nights at Freddy's 2 33% off
  • Age of Mythology Extended 75% off
  • Spore 75% off
  • Portal 2 80% off
12 hour deals