• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is something wrong with the Age of Mythology Remaster? I saw that it's a daily, went to the page and was shocked by the low MC score (66).

Jadax

Any EU GAFer interested in an ESET Smart Security key?

1 year license, must be activated in the next 8 days. I'd use ModBot but a) think it's region-locked to EU (maybe Germany?) and some would enter anyway and b) I have two keys, don't know which works.

Wish this was a few days ago - just switched to comodo and am liking it better (I think).

gngf123

Any EU GAFer interested in an ESET Smart Security key?

1 year license, must be activated in the next 8 days. I'd use ModBot but a) think it's region-locked to EU (maybe Germany?) and some would enter anyway and b) I have two keys, don't know which works.

UK gaffer, might be worth a shot?

My Bitdefender sub is pretty much ending now.

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope y'all doing fine. While Age of Mythology do not get a bit lower I decided to play another Story mission on AoE 2 HD and it took me at least 3 hours, phew! Getting close to 80 hours of play time and plenty of more to do. :)

Also, here's something to warm you heart:

fqj1dHc.gif

Monooboe

Morning everyone, hope y'all doing fine. While Age of Mythology do not get a bit lower I decided to play another Story mission on AoE 2 HD and it took me at least 3 hours, phew! Getting close to 80 hours of play time and plenty of more to do. :)

fqj1dHc.gif

Ooooh, I need that mug!:D

tebunker

Banned
Steam Holiday Giveaway! Let's make sure everybody has something to play.

I forgot of course to set some rules to the giveaway so it really is something to everyone now.^^;

Nice giveaway really nice of you.

When I get home I have like 4 or 5 games I need to give away. This just motivates me to get off my rear and do so

Asgaro

Thanks. Honestly, it sounds like a contradiction, but its not.

Like most of GAF I seem to spend far more time, being up to date with videogames and discussing them then I actually play them. Sometimes I go days, even weeks without picking up a controller, but im here and other places for multiple hours everyday.

If I was just playing games in "gaming" time, with no other stuff, ill average out at a maybe about 1 to 2 hours a day at most. That's my goal.

Hopefully it will allow me to be alot less cynical about my hobby too. Win/Win.

Likewise 95% my of internet use is looking, reading and following nonsense. I'm just paying for something to waste my time with. 2015 is already shaping up to be a great year and Im doing everything in my power to make sure that happens.

I have the same problem.

The last game I played was on October 27th.
And that doesn't even count because it isn't a game. It's a screensaver game I was explicitly running while studying.

Looking at the game before that, truly the last time I gamed was October 20th. (I rebought BFBC2 on Steam to get into it again. It has still a large population, at least in Europe.)

steamprofile.PNG

---

Now, I have to say: at the moment is a rare situation considering I have my master's thesis. And now exams coming up in January.
But it's normal for me to go about 2-3 weeks without gaming.

---

But what do I do every time when I stop reading news due to time constraints and have time again?
When I have time again to read up on all the news, I reevaluate every site I visit daily.
Beginning 2014 I unsubbed of a lot of RSS feeds and Youtube channels. It definitely helped.
edit: I also stopped reading Reddit completely.

Now my daily routine consists of these things:

1) Reading RSS feeds via Feedly.
I really shrinked that down about a year ago. I was getting about 15 new entries a day I would think.
Now it's about 5 a day max and most of times a day doesn't bring anything.
I use it for websites that don't post daily, like the Dropbox blog or Rockstar Newswire.

2) Checking Youtube subscriptions.
Now, I dramatically toned down my subscriptions already.
But it seems the ones I'm subscribed to have been uploading more frequently since I don't feel I can conquer it lol.

(Note: I don't watch TV anymore. Both the national and international news I follow via the internet.)

Now I stopped watching YT subs for a while lately, but as you see in the upper right corner, the amount of sub messages is high.
I don't watch everything that arrives though.
Some channels I unsubbed from but I still keep getting emails. And sometimes I get duplicate messages.

And yeah, I picked a screen of a channel that is pure nonsense.
I think the fake gaming montages with illuminati, MLG, doritos, LMAO KEK, ... are hilarious and I can't stop watching.
Don't judge me. But the YT watching is a time sink, I admit.
Yet I like it. It's my substitute for entertainment TV.

3) Checking normal email. Luckily that's quickly sorted most days.

4) Checking my list of daily websites.
(The last 2 links are temporary because the Sony hack is interesting enough to follow thorough.)

dailylist.PNG

---

I've been thinking about scratching the above completely.
But I feel I can't. I want to know the general trends regarding gaming and tech news.

---
What I DID stop doing: commenting everywhere I feel the need.
Now this post is a major exception but in the past I would be commenting everywhere I can.
Even in the famous Youtube comment section filled with low IQ content and trolls.
Now the only time I still comment is here on SteamGAF™, and mostly short posts.

The thing is: I feel quite entertained by reading news and watching YT.
I don't feel the need to get X hours of gaming a week.
But on the other hand, when I check my backlog, I want to get done with it eventually.

Just first world problems things...

Jadax

Did left 4 dead 3 get announced today? Saw someone at work watching a trailer for it, looked a bit fakey/ modded source engine.

You think the next Valve game would be announced without the internet going crazy? Gaffers would go on riot, reddit would be on tilt, Blizzard would be trying to one-up that game with a copy of their own.

The world as we know it would change!

tl;dr I just want HL3 to come the fcuk out now!

Tizoc

fqj1dHc.gif

If I'm lucky I'll have some shawarma soon~

Also
ONE PIECE ON STEAM!
ONE PIECE ON STEAM!
ONE PIECE ON STEAM!
ONE PIECE ON STEAM!

You think the next Valve game would be announced without the internet going crazy? Gaffers would go on riot, reddit would be on tilt, Blizzard would be trying to one-up that game with a copy of their own.

The world as we know it would change!

tl;dr I just want HL3 to come the fcuk out now!

Lol, a quick look online after my post found nothing.

I wonder if that guy knows it was fake.

Ban Puncher

I install DOTA 2 so I can redeem some promotional item code to sell on the marketplace and as soon as I boot it up I am inundated with friend requests from multiple DOTA weirdos.

Also, the fat man with the valve on his head turned and looked at me.

From SE Surprise box.
If anyone needs a 50% off FFIII or a 33% Osiris with season pass for EU SE store let me know and I'll pm you the code.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light -- MB-02F2FEBD5F9C2B83 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 4 entrants total.

t1419257997z1.png

Axass

So LEGO Batman and both LEGO Harry Potter games are missing from Steam eh? I wonder what's the reason, why those three in particular? I was planning to get them all to play with my girlfriend.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I experienced a strange phenemenon the last couple of weeks. Sometimes, some games would get really choppy, even though the framerate looked solid when checked with a program like RivaTuner
I finally found the culprit: fucking Punkbuster.
Thanks Ubisoft! (Far Cry 3 in this case)

derExperte

I'd go as far as 'probably'.

Italian here, guess it's a regional thing. I just checked again and they're not on the store... :(

EDIT: Am I right in thinking that even if I bought a key elsewhere I wouldn't be able to activate it?

Italy? Are you sure you're looking hard enough? I can't find anything about them not being available there, Amazon.it sells them and I see the games when going through http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=it

MUnited83

For you.
Italian here, guess it's a regional thing. I just checked again and they're not on the store... :(

EDIT: Am I right in thinking that even if I bought a key elsewhere I wouldn't be able to activate it?

You would be able to activate it without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom