• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BloodRayne is not available in Brazil. If I knew that, I would have gotten them in the Bundles they were part of.

Now, with the imminent removal of them from the system, I'm a little worried...

The Groupees keys were for GOG, so if you're after the Steam versions in particular then you didn't miss anything.

all this DoA talk..I remembered I still had the XBOX Dead or Alive Ultimate (1 and 2)...no 360 to play it on anymore though

in33JwANpf1HI.jpg

B
You know how it is. He who Meh's first Meh's the loudest. Pretty much any game that comes out has an angry mod attached to it, especially when it's a PC version that doesn't magically work on someone's antiquated system. Sure it had some teething issues and had a few patches before I got my hands on it (which boys and girls is why you don't dive into buying games unless you're willing to take a chance) but it's far, far from the horror show some were describing it.

It's a horror show in the way it should be. GOTY, man.

BloodRayne is not available in Brazil. If I knew that, I would have gotten them in the Bundles they were part of.

Uh. I don't think the original BloodRayne games that were in bundles were for Steam. They were GOG keys or some nonsense. If this appeals to you, I think I still have them if you can find the bundles they were in.

Edit: Beaten 6x over.

I forgot to do the autorepost:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mount Your Friends -- MB-9438DDFA45BE90B7 - Taken by alr1ght. 22 entrants total.

t1419306599z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Finally replaced some of my stock 120mm Silverstone fans with Gentle Typhoons. It's a noticeable improvement in sound reduction. Now if Nidec would only manufacture a run of 180mm fans, I could replace the final three.

If there are any Big Fish games you want, I can accept Paypal (exact USD prices including any Paypal fees, no markup) and cross-region gift them to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I got the ones I wanted back before they were even on Steam. I was going to start recommending some for that guy who was asking about hidden object games, but I got a bit distracted with the pricelessness. So I guess now that I know, I can say that Ravenhearst is great and Return to Ravenhearst is a little busier but still good. Madame Fate is just okay. Kinda surprised they don't have Dire Grove, which is one of their best efforts (good puzzles, good use of FMV that isn't too over-the-top.)

I'm shoving you off of the fence. Endless Legend is fun, weird, and wonderful. It has a really slick UI, creative factions, and some very interesting gameplay ideas. Some of the factions play very differently from one-another, to the point that it's entirely different gameplay. The game isn't perfect, but the developers are actively working to improve the game, so the flaws of EL - like poor combat and enemy AI - may one day be no more. In short, it's worth buying.

Civilization 5 would be the best entry point into 4X games, but so long as you're willing to learn I doubt you'll have problems playing Endless Legend. It will take many hours until you can master the game, but that's half of the fun.

Also, I want to note that for fantasy 4Xes I'd recommend Age of Wonders 3 over EL. It's mostly personal preference, save that the combat engine in AoW3 is waaay better.

One last thing: If you buy & like Endless Legend, consider AMPLITUDE's other games. They're all set in the same universe but are entirely different games. It's really a cool idea.
Wow. Thank you. AoW3 looks amazing too.

i can get them for you if you want , those are still available in chile

hehehe
nwZOdBD.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg
header.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-F5170CF3E9B4764F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.
Two of these are Hatoful Boyfriend
Mystery Game -- MB-01CA995A70DD3F8A - Taken by Frecklestein
the third is Bad Rats
Mystery Game -- MB-A5B9AAD0F85BCA0C - Taken by topyy
Which one will you pick?

t1419316679z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

tSosaRZ.png

MYSTERY GAME -- MB-6C0F011C5EF40452 - Taken by autoduelist
MYSTERY GIFT -- MB-E5E6BA8C9DCA2BB6 - Taken by salazar547

user237

Anyone still messing around with Gem sacks?

Price has settled nicely around 50 cents with not too much movement.

I don't know if it worth it to buy them just for making boosters though. Seems that phase is probably over with.

Anyone still messing around with Gem sacks?

Price has settled nicely around 50 cents with not too much movement.

I don't know if it worth it to buy them just for making boosters though. Seems that phase is probably over with.
just before sale started and the first day of sale, i was making about 30-80 cents with boosters but now even my most expensive booster tanked with price that i only make 0,xx cents profit.
not worth it for me anymore. but i recall mmbosstone86 posting that he still makes 50 cents a day with ff13 boosters. so it depends how moe your game library is.
i'm out of this business sadly.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You just pick them up through Steam? Or another source?

Whats going on with Majesco?

It was discussed here that they're filing for bankruptcy, so you should watch out for Bloodrayne and Double Dragon. Maybe that's no longer the case?

I don't remember who said it, but that's when I found out that I didn't have Bloodrayne because they're not available in my Brazilian Store.

Turfster

It was discussed here that they're filing for bankruptcy, so you should watch out for Bloodrayne and Double Dragon. Maybe that's no longer the case?
They got a hefty cash injection recently I think.
Edit: Yeah, they got a 6mil injection. Midnight City is dead though.

Grief.exe

I don't remember who said it, but that's when I found out that I didn't have Bloodrayne because they're not available in my Brazilian Store.

They were on the verge of bankruptcy years ago and I mentioned it to Jase who promptly bought their games. I brought it up recently, maybe you took that out of context.

So I almost finished the Amazon stage in ducktales annnnnddddd then I die.

Now the game wants me to get all of the items agains and redo the whole 20 minute stage to get back where I was.

And that's the moment I went Ninja-Dog and dropped the difficulty down to easy. I don't care if that makes me a baby's baby, this remaster plays way too loose to be so damn frugal with lives and continues.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Speaking of Majesco, I think Advent Rising got cards...Yesterday? Early today? I was surprised.

Edit: My mistake, looks like it happened in November. I'm still surprised.

Milamber

So I played Killer is Dead last night. I played on Normal and is this game really that hard!? I can't beat Alice on chapter 3. I'm ashamed of myself.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I played Killer is Dead last night. I played on Normal and is this game really that hard!? I can't beat Alice on chapter 3. I'm ashamed of myself.

I think the Sexy Beach games have gotten you soft on actual ACTION games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder why Telltale Games stopped making Trading Cards for their newer games, it's pretty much free money for them.

Telltale is really weird when it comes to Steam; when they sell games on their own platform they don't give out Steam keys even though doing so is free. I think they hold off ambition of one-day launching their own service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom