• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It seems like Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon is never gonna go on sale. Is it still worth getting for $10.99? I hear it's not as good as the other EDF games because it wasn't made by Sandlot.

It's not clear to me that D3Publisher is a going concern right now. Something to keep in mind in terms of whether or not the game is likely to be pulled. Their website only has a few iOS games, and has everything else listed as an "archived product".

tmarg

I was kinda hoping they'd up the discount on the Ys games when they put tits on sale. I picked up Origin during the summer sale (right before it ended up in a bundle...) and really enjoyed it. I was hoping to get the rest now.

Elija2

It's not clear to me that D3Publisher is a going concern right now. Something to keep in mind in terms of whether or not the game is likely to be pulled. Their website only has a few iOS games, and has everything else listed as an "archived product".

Would I still be able to download the game if it gets pulled?

Tizoc

Waiting for Nuuvem to send me my new password since I forgot my old one =_=
Do hope the Sonic games go on sale I want to get SA2.

Coreda

Looks like Abload.de is looking for some donations their way. Thinking of contributing a little to keep them afloat, wouldn't want them disappearing anytime :p

So, quick The Escapists impressions.

The game is tiny (50 megs currently) and warns you that it's a work in progress on launch.
Current build is alpha 0.8025, so yeah, definitely early access.
Also, it has cards already. See, Telltale? =p

The tutorial starts with you waking up, taking everything out of your desk (a screwdriver and a sock) and moving your desk so you can stand on it and look inside the vents.
Then you McClane it through them to an inmate with mad hookups, buy some soap so you can make a sock mace to knock out a guard, strip him of his uniform, make it to a hole someone started digging outside near the fence, dig your way up on the other side and you're free! Simples.

The first "real" mission adds many, many layers of complexity. It explains how you have to stick to the schedule, starting with roll call, where you can pick up favours (read: quests) you can do for other inmates, that net you money that you can use to buy things from dealers that will help you with your escape attempt, legit jobs you can do to earn money (Janitor, Laundry, Kitchen, Mailman, Metalshop), fatigue meters, relationships with others, recruiting, etc.

The graphics are nice and readable and it's very RPGy and fun.
I like what I'm seeing so far, a lot.
I started with the very easy one but I didn't find any tutorial :(

Coreda

Huh. When it comes to taking my money they suddenly can speak my language.

Heh. I'd like to see them offer a way for 3rd party apps to upload directly to the site, it would vastly improve the service. Imgur and many others do and it makes uploading from a context menu a breeze.

autoduelist

I take back what I said about Breach & Clear being 'casual' Frozen Synapse. Now that I'm much deeper in the game, it's significantly harder than it was for the first several groups of missions. There's also a harder mode I haven't touched yet (though I am playing with permadeath).

The game needs some polish (for example, there is no 'wait' command, so timing breaches is harder than it should be, or for another example, if you have a modded gun and buy a new gun, you need to strip each mod off 1 by 1 to put on the other gun... interface is just lacking a bit).

But all in all, definitely worth the sale price I think if you need to scratch that tactical itch. Plays very similar to frozen synapse. Needs work, but fun as is.

dex3108

I dreamed they announced Half Life 3. For real, last night. I even browsed it on GAF and there were several threads about it. It was chaotic here.
What a good dream it was.

That dream was bad. GAF would be down if HL3 is announced :D

P.S. I passed 300 games mark on steam and at the same time i completed my Hitman Collection :D Now i own every Hitman game that is available including mobile one. Great way to start this beautiful day :D

didamangi

Star Trek $3 at Playbox with code PB-DECSALE-14, it's the new Friendster game store apparently. Lowest price so far I think for that game.

Can confirm it's a steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom