• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

So, quick The Escapists impressions.

The game is tiny (50 megs currently) and warns you that it's a work in progress on launch.
Current build is alpha 0.8025, so yeah, definitely early access.
Also, it has cards already. See, Telltale? =p

The tutorial starts with you waking up, taking everything out of your desk (a screwdriver and a sock) and moving your desk so you can stand on it and look inside the vents.
Then you McClane it through them to an inmate with mad hookups, buy some soap so you can make a sock mace to knock out a guard, strip him of his uniform, make it to a hole someone started digging outside near the fence, dig your way up on the other side and you're free! Simples.

The first "real" mission adds many, many layers of complexity. It explains how you have to stick to the schedule, starting with roll call, where you can pick up favours (read: quests) you can do for other inmates, that net you money that you can use to buy things from dealers that will help you with your escape attempt, legit jobs you can do to earn money (Janitor, Laundry, Kitchen, Mailman, Metalshop), fatigue meters, relationships with others, recruiting, etc.

The graphics are nice and readable and it's very RPGy and fun.
I like what I'm seeing so far, a lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, quick The Escapists impressions.

The game is tiny (50 megs currently) and warns you that it's a work in progress on launch.
Current build is alpha 0.8025, so yeah, definitely early access.
Also, it has cards already. See, Telltale? =p

The tutorial starts with you waking up, taking everything out of your desk (a screwdriver and a sock) and moving your desk so you can stand on it and look inside the vents.
Then you McClane it through them to an inmate with mad hookups, buy some soap so you can make a sock mace to knock out a guard, strip him of his uniform, make it to a hole someone started digging outside near the fence, dig your way up on the other side and you're free! Simples.

The first "real" mission adds many, many layers of complexity. It explains how you have to stick to the schedule, starting with roll call, where you can pick up favours (read: quests) you can do for other inmates, that net you money that you can use to buy things from dealers that will help you with your escape attempt, legit jobs you can do to earn money (Janitor, Laundry, Kitchen, Mailman, Metalshop), fatigue meters, relationships with others, recruiting, etc.

The graphics are nice and readable and it's very RPGy and fun.
I like what I'm seeing so far, a lot.

that sounds pretty great

wish the visuals were a bit better

Turfster

that sounds pretty great

wish the visuals were a bit better

They add to the charm, I feel. They're clear and readable.
The more complex the visuals, the muddier it would have gotten IMO.

Strength can be increased by doing minigames in the old ... Games style, alternating Q/A and E. Oh! Speaking of which, another thing that I liked is that you can remap your keys.

It's incredible how many games these days don't allow that, which gets incredibly frustrating with WASD on an AZERTY keyboard. Hey Telltale, I'm talking to you again! Detecting keyboard layout is piss easy, so why exactly don't you do this?
(See also: Majestic Nights and so many other games)

Flash deals

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: First Chapter (50% off)
- Magicite (50% off)
- Lost Planet 3 (75% off)
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch (75% off)
- Scared 3 (50% off)
- Hitman Absolution (80% off)

Git dat Trails ya'll.

Ventara

Flash deals

- Magicite (50% off)
- Scared 3 (75% off)

Git dat Trails ya'll.

Good set of Flash deals. Has anyone here played Sacred 3? Looking for opinions. I'll pass on the rest. TitSFC is not being bought until SC is out (I'm really getting tired of waiting) or it's 75% off. Magicite is 75% off or bust.

Edit: Looks like Sacred 3 is actually 50% off? I'll be passing on it if so.

zkylon

zkylewd
They add to the charm, I feel. They're clear and readable.
The more complex the visuals, the muddier it would have gotten IMO.

Strength can be increased by doing minigames in the old ... Games style, alternating Q/A and E. Oh! Speaking of which, another thing that I liked is that you can remap your keys.

It's incredible how many games these days don't allow that, which gets incredibly frustrating with WASD on an AZERTY keyboard. Hey Telltale, I'm talking to you again! Detecting keyboard layout is piss easy, so why exactly don't you do this?
(See also: Majestic Nights and so many other games)

yeah i mean, i think it kind of lacks style. like you can be simple like prison architect and still be distinct

but yeah that game sounds awesome

Flash deals

- Magicite (50% off)
- Scared 3 (75% off)

Git dat Trails ya'll.

tits for $10 is pretty nice

that game is pretty good

reposting for you 50ppp heathens
nwZOdBD.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg
header.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-F5170CF3E9B4764F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.
Two of these are Hatoful Boyfriend
Mystery Game -- MB-01CA995A70DD3F8A - Taken by Frecklestein. 8 entrants total.
the third is Bad Rats
Mystery Game -- MB-A5B9AAD0F85BCA0C - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
Which one will you pick?

t1419316679z1.png

i forgot to point modbot to this thread so it wont edit the post whoops. Also, TiTs is tempting but i think i might just get octodad

Looks like Sacred 3 discount changed to 50% off. It was previously 75% off for a few minutes. Congrats on those who got in the price mistake.

Is that from the Simpsons? There really is a Simpsons image/gif for every situation.

It's the second one, isn't it?

I believe the Treehouse of Horror episode where the hideous disconjoined (not a word, I know) Bart kidnaps the regular one.

And yes, a perfect image for such a giveaway.

bigzgod

Looks like Sacred 3 discount changed to 50% off. It was previously 75% off for a few minutes. Congrats on those who got in the price mistake.

Frankly, considering how many negative reviews it has, 75% would have been the perfect discount. Just enough to get people to consider buying it and trying it purely because it's almost at the "why the hell not" price.

Tizoc

Lost Planet 3 is on sale, its gunplay and combat is OK and servicable but it shines in its voice acting and characters.
To quote Mike from Classic Game Room "It is more Aliens than Aliens Colonial Marines"

GaussTek

Fuck yeah, TitS! Wanted to play it as soon as possible.

Now I need a flash/daily of Freedom Planet, and it will be the best holiday ever :p

Tizoc

What's the current GMG discount codes please?

Fuck yeah, TitS! Wanted to play it as soon as possible.

Now I need a flash/daily of Freedom Planet, and it will be the best holiday ever :p

If it doesn't go on Steam today, check Humblebundle.com they tend to have discounts on some games before steam dailys or flash them.

Knurek

TitS 50% off, sale redeemed.

I envy all of you people starting the game now.
No broken achievements, no daily patches fixing one thing and breaking the other, no glitched chest messages crashing the game... You have it good!
Game is great as well

I really should rename myself as bad luck bryan. Just as I spent card money on acquiring cards to craft an anime badge, Bam! TiTS went on sale.

TitS 50% off, sale redeemed.

I envy all of you people starting the game now.
No broken achievements, no daily patches fixing one thing and breaking the other, no glitched chest messages crashing the game... You have it good!
Game is great as well

So the game was finally fixed? There's no more bugs/crashes/ etc, it is safe to buy it now?

Knurek

So the game was finally fixed? There's no more bugs/crashes/ etc, it is safe to buy it now?

Still no Monster Book and still no TitS SC, other than that everything should be peaches.
Just make sure to force 8x SGSSAA or ATI equivalent. Game really shines with no jaggies.

Elija2

It seems like Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon is never gonna go on sale. Is it still worth getting for $10.99? I hear it's not as good as the other EDF games because it wasn't made by Sandlot.

Still no Monster Book and still no TitS SC, other than that everything should be peaches.
Just make sure to force 8x SGSSAA or ATI equivalent. Game really shines with no jaggies.

But you can 100% the game without the Monster Book?

i played it a while ago and it ran great

tehy were still doing patches back then but i didn't really have issues with it

Ok, thank you it seems that they fixed most of the bugs!

zkylon

zkylewd
Trust me on that one - you don't want to 100% the game. Some of the achievements are redonculous.
Just play normally, you will have a lot more fun.

yeah, forget about hte achievements

there's a lot of "time" sensitive stuff that's just annoying

just enjoy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom