• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Ehhh why wont work end! Just when I think I'm done for the year another load of copy gets plonked on my desk. I want to be at home trying to get guests who have outstayed their welcome to go away and finally get some quality time with the family the backlog. Hopefully the deals strike a chord today.

I'm back, BABY

Welcome back Stump. Hope you get an actually sensible response where someone has taken the time to read your ticket and not just give you 'well if you used the right punctuation marks you would have this issue., Have a nice day.' I yearn for the day when I don't have to drop a load of U's and substitute Z's for S' to get results in the library search.

It's a horror show in the way it should be. GOTY, man..

Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few folks vote for it in the GotY madness here (well that and there were an awful lot of TEW themed avatars) though Resi 4 did (re)release this year. Narrowing what I've played of this years massive pile of releases down to 5 for SteamGAF GotY's is going to be next to fucking impossible, I love them all equally as much!

hehehe
nwZOdBD.jpg

Ha! That gave me a chuckle.

Arthea

It was great year for gaming on PC, there is no denying that, to celebrate that and us surviving being moved to community, little something.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Room -- MB-7B895629F2C79C86 - Taken by redlacs. 17 entrants total.
Trails in the Sky -- MB-591B5B51A0B5D2AC - Taken by Gallantioh. 66 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- MB-7A79FF926EF995A1 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 76 entrants total.

t1419417735z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It was great year for gaming on PC, there is no denying that, to celebrate that and us surviving being moved to community, little something.
That Gif put a big smile on my face, and that's though to do these day's.
Right-Click *saved*.

It's been odd adjusting to this move, especially during sale time where there's just as much sale talk/game hype and recommendations going on in both threads. It's getting tricky to keep track of it all.

Arthea

aww, I forgot to add comments, well, not that you all don't know what I think about those games after posting it at least ten times, but here goes:

Trails in the Sky - it's GOTY, everything about it is just so good that it leaves you wanting so much more, from chatting, to combat, to story, to sidequests.

The Room - it's GOTY, basically a perfect game, I can't pinpoint even one thing that's bad, it's fresh, original, has great atmosphere and plays like a song. It could be longer, though.

FF13-2 - it is a good game, trust me, better than FF13, also it's bloody long one!

The Room - it's GOTY, basically a perfect game, I can't pinpoint even one thing that's bad, it's fresh, original, has great atmosphere and plays like a song. It could be longer, though.

I can think of one bad thing about The Room, the sequel is not on Steam >.<
But yeah, I loved the game, totally GOTY material.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish i could be intersted in games like the room

i had a friend that made games like those and he tried to get me hooked but i dunno why not being able to free-move is super annoying to me

one of my many character flaws

Arthea

I can think of one bad thing about The Room, the sequel is not on Steam >.<
But yeah, I loved the game, totally GOTY material.

ya, that sucks, but I'm sure we'll get it eventually, I bought about 20 copies of the Room not for nothing! (><)
seriously, I hope it'll get released on steam in 2015.

Talking about hopes, maybe we finally will get Peggle 2 on PC one way or another too. c'mon EA, don't be stupid!

dex3108

The Room is perfect game for mobile devices. I have The Room and The Room Two on my Nexus 7 and they are amazing but i think that i couldn't play them on PC.

Axass

Bought a game on the humble store to gift, but the game's page says Steam won't provide gift links for games I already own (!!??), can I still give it away by linking to the game's page on the humble bundle site (the "thanks for purchasing" one), or will the site ask for my e-mail/password?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I prefer if they went this route though...

xiTHp5T.gif
That actually looks really cool. (and, if two-handed, is a lot less likely to burn through your wrists)
FF7 and SW crossover confirmed!
I would so buy that, no kidding
I won't be suprised if there's going to be something Star Wars related in a new Kingdom Hearts.

Now, just...bring the series to PC. Thanks, Square.

merry jesus and shit.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Defy Gravity Extended (this is the game based off of Wicked, right?) -- MB-1EF86BDD6521221C - Taken by Sch1sm

Kifimbo

Great game. Humble link.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gunpoint -- MB-75C1356243846CAB - Taken by Naked Snake

Maniac

Banned
Oh Yeah Far Cry 4 has run pretty much flawlessly for me since it came out. Do need to do a little tweaking to keep a stable framerate but there's lots to tinker around with there.

Great work as always shacks. That's some funky GUI you got going there. I just need to buy some games with card drops now :(
I can't for the life of me play FC4. It stutters like hell and back and the performance is mediocre compared to the graphics, not that I'd mind if it wasn't for the sodding awful stuttering I've been getting :/
It's been odd adjusting to this move, especially during sale time where there's just as much sale talk/game hype and recommendations going on in both threads. It's getting tricky to keep track of it all.

I've simply stayed out of the sales thread. It's full of retardation and Turfster keeps me up to date on all great deals, so I don't have to do any work.

I like it here, it's... Safe.

Actually, when at first it looked incredible to me, now the theory Quite=Chico seems plausible to me.
And I explain why:
During GZ Chico suffered some experiments. We know it by his jack entrance in his chest. Basically, he can produce...energy? Because the walkman works, as showed in the intro. So maybe they did bioelectrical experiments on him. Quite has several powers. She can disappear. She can go in a "sniper view" mode, as showed in Red Band trailer.Kojima hinted about a reason on why her skin is uncovered. Maybe she can recharge her power with solar rays, something like The End did in MGS3, even if that was a photosynthesis, both are very similar. Also, we know Chico was forced to rape Paz in GZ, We know if from tape 7. Both Quite and Chico are similar in their aspect. Also TPP is settled 9 years after GZ. So even their age should be the same. The question is: what happened to Chico after the helicopter crash in the end of GZ? We don't know it yet. Someone could catch Chico, with Big Boss and Kaz, leaving them in a hospital, maybe paying for them to be healed. We know from the E3 trailer Big Boss and Skullface are together in a scene. And Skull Face was the one who catched Chico and Paz. So maybe he continued to do experiments on Chico after heli crash. And maybe one collateral effect can alterate Chico's hormones, causing him to turn into a woman. This theory sounds so crazy, but actually it would be plausible and in-canon with MGS standard.

giphy.gif

Like You Have to Win The Game, it's really good and it's refreshing to play a platformer with no combat, just avoidance. It's also pretty compelling to collect all the loot and 100% it. Unlike You Have to Win the Game, it's not one big world--it's a Zelda 2 style top-down overworld with different connected segments. This is a mixed bag. On the one hand, it's pretty cool going around the world and I had a good time with it. On the other hand, it makes the Metroidvania elements even more backtracky. I would say the game is easier to beat but harder to speedrun or beat without dying, which I don't really think is a good change. This leaves me in the awkward position of saying that although I recommend both games, I think the You Have to Win the Game (Free) is better than Super Win the Game ($12.99 regularly). But if you've already beat the free one and are looking for more, you won't go wrong here.

Plus, since the game costs money you can actually get the card drops and craft the badge, LOL.

Thank you, being able to get cards for the sequel are definitely good point. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom