• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I refused to pay the high price for a digital copy of Dragon Age Inquisition, so today I paid 60€ for a physical copy.... though i was looking for a Steam Wallet card or a nice SSD at the store but I couldn't find anything else to buy as a present. Hopefully it's as good as it's hyped to be.

Asgaro

Tomorrow is christmas waifu/animu miraculu day steam seal, right guys? right?

0U7DOyn.gif

Unicorn

Christmas will be Early Access day, where you can buy all your most wanted broken-assed unfinished games at 10 - 40% discounts - all sliced from an overpriced "early adopters" fee!

Copons

You know when you think you kinda know a person (on the internet, so, relatively), and then suddenly he does something really evil or disappointing.

Yeah, so, I opened the Steam activity feed and I saw that Stumpokapow bought Spelunky, meaning all this time, he didn't have it. Like, he was "eh i'm so cool with my red name and my very own thread with my own modbot doing stuff, pc gaming so great thanks to me being mod of the steamgaf thread", but he didn't have Spelunky.
For shame!

also don't ban me and welcome back in The Thread

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's the eight and final night of Hanukkah, which mean's it's time for another giveaway. Blitzhex won Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming yesterday but did not choice a game for today's giveaway. That's why thing's are going a bit different today. Lets go out with a bang:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Escape Goat 2 -- MB-AE705D7CD9CCBE9C - Taken by ramoisdead. 50 entrants total.
A tour de force in puzzle design, absolutely brilliant game.
Banished -- MB-76D1067A826C6DEA - Taken by Polishin8r. 48 entrants total.
I haven't got a clue, but it looks nice.
Might & Magic X: Legacy -- MB-7593BBFD6A156B50 - Taken by Purkake4. 56 entrants total.
My second favorite game of 2014, prepare to lose countless hours to this time devouring gem.

t1419450542z1.png
....aaaand that's about it. I'm a bit over budget, but what the hell.
I've had a lot of fun creating this ModBot streak, I must say.
It also made me look at some games I had no knowledge of before, like The Deer God.

Anyhow, I hope people enjoyed the little giveaway "twist" and the people who won something will have a lot of fun with their games. Happy holiday's! :)

Tizoc

Just got back from watching The Hobbit 3.
Good battles but that's just it, first 2 movies were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Also everyone get the Darksiders Franchise pack. @ $8.99, they're a steal.

BTW is Age of Wonders 3 cheaper in Spain or someplace?

Knurek

Holy shit, Deponia is utter piece of rubbish.
Looks great, I'll grant it that, but the 'logic' in some of the puzzles... Gabriel Knight 3 worthy. And the story is about as 'funny' in that certain German way, as, I don't know, Schutzstaffel oder Endlösung.
Ugh...

BasilZero

Just got back from watching The Hobbit 3.
Good battles but that's just it, first 2 movies were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Also everyone get the Darksiders Franchise pack. @ $8.99, they're a steal.

BTW is Age of Wonders 3 cheaper in Spain or someplace?

Darksiders so good.

I've been playing on and off of Darksiders 2 and have to say love the RPG aspects in it :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Looks great, I'll grant it that, but the 'logic' in some of the puzzles... Gabriel Knight 3 worthy. And the story is about as 'funny' in that certain German way, as, I don't know, Schutzstaffel oder Endlösung.
Ugh...
Some of the puzzles, especially in the first act, are...questionable, to say the least. There's worse stuff out there, but it sure isn't very well made.
I enjoyed it, though. A lot. Rufus must be one of the most annoying, egocentrical dickheads i've ever seen in videogames, but I liked him. He still has a heart, somewhere.
It scratched that Point & Click itch when I was in dire need of some. And like you said, it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Ugh...

Harsh. It wasn't my favourite adventure game, or even my favourite Daedalic game, to be sure, but it wasn't THAT bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's a dollar on the App Store.
That no button discount

Gotta admit that I doubled dipped
because it was compatible with my Android TV and has controller support

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Plazma Being -- MB-0C4E73BCD33774E7 - Taken by Benedict

I have a few hours to kill at work. What are some games that I can play that don't require my undivided attention. Looking for games that aren't timed and that I can play with just a mouse or minimal keyboard interaction and that I can run windowed. I was thinking a puzzle game perhaps, though it doesn't have to be. I was tempted to play some Hearthstone, but that makes my laptop's fan get pretty loud, which is quite obvious in a quiet office.

Alavard

I have a few hours to kill at work. What are some games that I can play that don't require my undivided attention. Looking for games that aren't timed and that I can play with just a mouse or minimal keyboard interaction and that I can run windowed. I was thinking a puzzle game perhaps, though it doesn't have to be. I was tempted to play some Hearthstone, but that makes my laptop's fan get pretty loud, which is quite obvious in a quiet office.

how about Dungeons of Dredmor? or Civ V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom