• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

fGuD7jM.png

Well now I did say I was gonna get it day 1 but this has gotten me more interested ;P

Gonna celebrate V-day by speed running Resident Evil 7 for the achivement and then I dunno.

I need something jolly after RE7 and Bloodborne guys, recommend me a game.

Gonna celebrate V-day by speed running Resident Evil 7 for the achivement and then I dunno.

I need something jolly after RE7 and Bloodborne guys, recommend me a game.

Valentine's Day doesn't seem worth celebrating since Persona 5 was delayed.

I'll probably spend it trying to figure out what the hell is going on in The Silver Case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats the latest steamspy numbers on RE7 anyway?

Durante

Atelier still has the best anime character models.

screenshot_2017-02-11rfq41.jpg

It's interesting that they have a dozen or so shaders related to character rendering and only 2 for the environment, goes to show the priorities :p
(Which are smartly allocated for this type of game IMHO -- they are really good at using their resources)

MUnited83

For you.

It's interesting that they have a dozen or so shaders related to character rendering and only 2 for the environment, goes to show the priorities :p
(Which are smartly allocated for this type of game IMHO -- they are really good at using their resources)

I always find very jarring all dem recent JRPGS with ultra high quality models, but then you look at foliage or the ground and it's straight back to 2006 :p

Arthea

https://abload.de/img/screenshot_2017-02-11rfq41.jpg[/IMG

It's interesting that they have a dozen or so shaders related to character rendering and only 2 for the environment, goes to show the priorities :P
(Which are smartly allocated for this type of game IMHO -- they are really good at using their resources)[/QUOTE]

agreed

also I like english VAs in Sophie

what is a bit of concern is how easy is to lose focus in this game and forget what you are doing while trying to find certain resource or monster what can take ages. It's the first Atelier game in my memory where location descriptions aren't all that helpful.

I'm also shocked by not being character bios in Encyclopedia or anywhere, aside of rumours. Did they forget it or something?

Momentary

Banned

Guilty Gear has animation and character models that no one can touch at this moment in my opinion.

I do love the art direction in Atelier. All the major charactors look amazing

xezuru

Guilty Gear has animation and character models that no one can touch at this moment in my opinion.

I do love the art direction in Atelier. All the major charactors look amazing

This. Guilty Gear makes shit like SFV ugly ass art style and literally EVERY video game to shame with its concept to ingame fidelity. It's fucking insane.

kionedrik

In my case grenades take half the energy, and I have only one per character.

I haven't played in a long while but don't the basic advent troopers have 3hp on easy? I could swear the default grenades one-shot them. The officers take a little more effort though.

Are you taking full advantage of the concealment mechanic? Getting as close as possible to them, leaving 3 in overwatch and opening fire with the 4th? That should be enough to severely cripple the first set of enemies or even kill them.

Tizoc

I think I'm halfway through Watch Dogs main campaign and...I want to drop it.
The game's mishmash of gameplay elements just isn't working for me. While I like the driving, I found it better in The Crew, and Watch Dogs' hacking isn't all that interesting IMO.
I do enjoy the occasional shooting but this recent area (after the 'Auction') made me lose all interest in continuing the game, esp. if it's just gonna be either
A- Tailing a target
B- Chase a car and smash it then kill the driver
C- Go to an area and shoot or stealth your way to turn on 3 electrical switches

My time would be best spent clearing other games in my backlog.

Ludens

Banned
I haven't played in a long while but don't the basic advent troopers have 3hp on easy? I could swear the default grenades one-shot them. The officers take a little more effort though.

Are you taking full advantage of the concealment mechanic? Getting as close as possible to them, leaving 3 in overwatch and opening fire with the 4th? That should be enough to severely cripple the first set of enemies or even kill them.

Maybe I'm not good, but I can't find a good position for my squad, so when enemies discover me, it's a massacre because soldiers are all over the place. With a grenade I do 3 damages, the mission is the first one after the tutorial (lol).

MUnited83

For you.
I think I'm halfway through Watch Dogs main campaign and...I want to drop it.
The game's mishmash of gameplay elements just isn't working for me. While I like the driving, I found it better in The Crew, and Watch Dogs' hacking isn't all that interesting IMO.
I do enjoy the occasional shooting but this recent area (after the 'Auction') made me lose all interest in continuing the game, esp. if it's just gonna be either
A- Tailing a target
B- Chase a car and smash it then kill the driver
C- Go to an area and shoot or stealth your way to turn on 3 electrical switches

My time would be best spent clearing other games in my backlog.

play Bad Blood DLC at least.

Maybe I'm not good, but I can't find a good position for my squad, so when enemies discover me, it's a massacre because soldiers are all over the place. With a grenade I do 3 damages, the mission is the first one after the tutorial (lol).
Some maps are bad for it, but so long as you have four shots from decent cover you will be in a good spot for the actual fight. Just watch out for flanking!

And, if by some stroke of luck one of your squaddies ends up flanking them after they react, you can burn one of their turns as they reposition.

It's all about failsafes.

Arthea

Furi in less than 5 hours??
Good luck with that.

Spent 6 hours in the game and only beat 5 bosses.

Howlongtobeat is more times wrong than right in my experience, then again it's really hard to keep track of playing times when games can be played in vastly different ways.

Ascheroth

Howlongtobeat is more times wrong than right in my experience, then again it's really hard to keep track of playing times when games can be played in vastly different ways.
I think it can be a good rough estimate if you know your playing habits.
Like I know that I'm generally always above 'Main Story' play times, but rarely reach 'Completionist', so I know in what ballpark the length is most likely going to be for me.
Though of course this means it would be useless to sort my library after just one value.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who sorts 4k+ libraries anyway? you guys are cray cray

looking forward to Bundlestars' Bundlefest today, they usually start it with a good bundle.

Nete

Looks like Battle Brothers will be coming out soon. It'll probably be your last chance to pick it up at the Early Access price.

Here, here. Fantastic and brutal game. It has some problems, mostly a lack of meaty content in the mid-late game, but the next patch should solve most (if not all) of them.

Arthea

I think it can be a good rough estimate if you know your playing habits.
Like I know that I'm generally always above 'Main Story' play times, but rarely reach 'Completionist', so I know in what ballpark the length is most likely going to be for me.
Though of course this means it would be useless to sort my library after just one value.

that's not what I mean, many games have very little data submitted if you have two humans submit times for some RPG that has a lot of secrets and both played with guides, that cuts playtime by 50% at least, as they don't even wonder out of the shortest path. So it's not any estimate whatsoever.
For popular games where many people submit their playtimes it more or less can be estimate, for most games in no way, it sometimes just ridiculous how off those times are, especially completionist ones

Tizoc

who sorts 4k+ libraries anyway? you guys are cray cray

looking forward to Bundlestars' Bundlefest today, they usually start it with a good bundle.

It's fun to organize stuff~
I just have a video running as a small window and organize my games into categories.

Ascheroth

that's not what I mean, many games have very little data submitted if you have two humans submit times for some RPG that has a lot of secrets and both played with guides, that cuts playtime by 50% at least, as they don't even wonder out of the shortest path. So it's not any estimate whatsoever.
For popular games where many people submit their playtimes it more or less can be estimate, for most games in no way, it sometimes just ridiculous how off those times are, especially completionist ones
I agree that completionist values are pretty worthless.
But what can I say, it usually works out for me with getting a rough estimate. (in a minimum-maximum way)
For example when I look at Trails in the Sky FC, I immediately know that it would take more than 40 hours at the very least.
I think that's still pretty helpful.

kionedrik

Contrary to popular belief, the first few missions can be tough simply because you don't have a lot to work with.
Why are your soldiers all over the place? Have you tried keeping them close to each other and move as a unit? Besides using grenades to kill mobs you can also use them to destroy cover, significantly increasing your to-hit chance and, iirc, lower difficulties give a bonus to the player if they fire from higher ground.

Anteater

yea i think i'll start atelier first instead of azure

Do you have the hash for removing the hud with gedosato?

Hektor

Nioh is GOTY. Feb is blessed so far.

Nioh feels like a PS2 game in the most positive way.

And the mix of Souls, Character Action and Diablo is amazing.

Too bad the game can't hold 60 fps on action mode and got really bad iq due to the dynamic resolution at times.

I'll dd extremely hard on the hopefully inevitable pc port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom