• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

ekim

The tombstone pictures change...
9HyBplX.png

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Fuck it. I'm getting Aliens: Colonial Marines. It can't be that bad can it?

Rubius

Fuck it. I'm getting Aliens: Colonial Marines. It can't be that bad can it?

It's probably okay for the price they ask. It will be linear and kinda sad, but hey, it's a FPS with horror elements. And it's a true alien sequel and canon. So let's see it.

Hasney

First rule of Steam : Do not buy anything not on special if you are near any holiday.

Yeah, buy it at launch if you really want the game and can't wait or just wait for a discount at some point. Full price a month after launch or so and you're just begging for this to happen.

Ended up grabbing Penumbra Collection and I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream.

Everything else on sale I either already have, not interested in or will wait on the Steam Winter Sale to get (like Amnesia 2, Outlast, Brothers & 7th Guest/11th Hour collection).

Good man! By sheer coincidence I just replayed, I Have No Mouth...

Pro-tip... play by walkthrough. The game is an amazing narrative experience for adults, but there are fail-states the game won't report to you, meaning you can just get "stuck" permanently and never realize it.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, should I finally pick up Costume Quest...?

Throwin' out a recommendation for Killing Floor. Great co-op, they're running a Halloween event now (including a new map), and the game is consistently updated with new content.

Does Alice: Madness Returns come with the first game like the console versions?
Nope, not on Steam. For PC, that's exclusive to Origin.

Rubius

Wait. Gone Home is not on Special? It's still 20$ for a 3 hour campaign. What? I wont buy it at that price. I was expecting a reduced price.
Even a Machine for Pigs is lower in price and the game is 5 hours of walking around.

Good catch. What is this thing doing in Dota 2? Were there any recent updates to the game?

It's an ability that Undying (a zombie) uses in Dota 2.

There's updates to the game every week. Cyborgmatt usually digs through every update and posts about them on his blog, but there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary.

However, it is expected that there will be a Halloween update to the game this week, so maybe we'll have another clue with that patch.

Kade

Good catch. What is this thing doing in Dota 2? Were there any recent updates to the game?

It's just the Tombstone that appears when the hero Undying casts the ability "Tombstone". He was added to Dota 2 in July of last year so I think the tombstone has been the same since then unless they did a stealth texture change. I didn't even notice the markings until now.

Is this about the first time Miasmata has been on sale? Its been on my wish list forever but it seemed like it never went on sale.

So I'll likely pick up Miasmata and Penumbra. Not bad for $6.23

Already got FEAR pack , Condemned pack and Dead Rising 2 for my halloween needs this year.

PC gaming is becoming too cheap software wise. It's so hard not to buy these games on the cheap despite never having the time to play them.

Joqu

Anyone here know if these Sherlock Holmes games are any good? A friend of mine once recommended them to me, but I've never heard anyone else mention them. :x

aeolist

Banned
Wait. Gone Home is not on Special? It's still 20$ for a 3 hour campaign. What? I wont buy it at that price. I was expecting a reduced price.
Even a Machine for Pigs is lower in price and the game is 5 hours of walking around.

it was a daily deal last week for $10

First sale in a long time where I've been spoiled for choice! I fear that many of these titles will be overlooked in the upcoming sales which makes giving them a pass now so much harder.

I think Atom Zombie Smasher is pretty under rated but Spelunky is the obvious choice if you had to pick one game!

Now to look up impressions on I have no mouth and I must scream.
I have 3 bucks what should I get
Plants vs Zombies?

Rubius

it was a daily deal last week for $10

Oh, I missed it. I work the night shift and I'm on satellite internet for an another week, so Steam sale page is kind of heavy duty for my internet access. Even posting on Neogaf bug from my house and I often have to refresh 2-3 times to get a post posting.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I don't have access to a computer right now, are there dailies? Because I want to buy the swappper but I can wait for 75% if that's a possibility.

Rubius

I don't have access to a computer right now, are there dailies? Because I want to buy the swappper but I can wait for 75% if that's a possibility.

Nah, it's not a Winter or Summer sale. It's just deals for all week. Less Stressful.

NaviLink

So all sales are already available, right? No point in waiting like summer and Christmas sale?

edit: already answered, let's drop some coin.

aeolist

Banned

there's dailies but just the normal ones, doesn't seem to be tied into the sale

it's only running through the 1st anyway

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone gift me Left 4 Dead 2? Pay with PayPal. Please PM :)

Top Bottom