• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

Rubius

FUCK.

I bought Spelunky yesterday for £12, and now it's on sale for £6. Is there anything I can do?

Nope, dont think so. There is no price check. The risks of Steam.
here+_eb206bbfc58c64b9eefe28649f5da559.png

The Boat

Getting Penumbra, The Void and Legacy of Kain collection. Contemplating Serious Sam 3, but my PC can't handle it and I didn't even finish the other 2. That and I'm already spending more money than I should, otherwise I would get Overkill.

Typing of the Dead Overkill not available in Germany. Stupid censorship. Going for Don´t Starve if anyone can recommend it.

Hi btw. Name is Jan

pa22word

Getting Penumbra, The Void and Legacy of Kain collection. Contemplating Serious Sam 3, but my PC can't handle it and I didn't even finish the other 2. That and I'm already spending more money than I should, otherwise I would get Overkill.

Soul Reaver's PC port is dreadful, so beware. I haven't gotten around to trying the others, but it wouldn't shock me if they were largely asstastic too.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
In for The Swapper at $5.

Maybe Orcs Must Die! 2. Haven't decided.

The Boat

Soul Reaver's PC port is dreadful, so beware. I haven't gotten around to trying the others, but it wouldn't shock me if they were largely asstastic too.

Really? Hmm shit. I've been wanting to play these games for a while, but don't really feel like hunting down a Dreamcast copy.

Mugatu

I'm glad the sale's here but this is the worst layout for a sale I've ever seen from them. Just one long list of games.

If you use the client then every time you look at a game on the list and go back the list order is randomized so you have to look from the beginning again.

Really? Hmm shit. I've been wanting to play these games for a while, but don't really feel like hunting down a Dreamcast copy.

They are passable, if you want to use a controller for them I recommend using xpadder or something like that to map your controller rather then use the default controller scheme.

bender

What time is it?
Everyone should get the Swapper.

Need some help:

-No idea how I finished Amnesia but it made me swear off survival horror. I loved Dear Ester. So, Machine for Pigs?

-Please tell me Typing of the Dead Overkill is good. I didn't even know it existed.

Think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on Miasmata.

edit: looks like Typing of the Dead Overkill is new. With that GMG deal and my $.50 credit, I'll take the plunge for $7.50.

Is this about the first time Miasmata has been on sale? Its been on my wish list forever but it seemed like it never went on sale.

So I'll likely pick up Miasmata and Penumbra. Not bad for $6.23
Went 50% off a while back, probably the Summer sale. Developers have moved on despite some probably minor bugs (achievements and stuff)
Good man! By sheer coincidence I just replayed, I Have No Mouth...

Pro-tip... play by walkthrough. The game is an amazing narrative experience for adults, but there are fail-states the game won't report to you, meaning you can just get "stuck" permanently and never realize it.
Do you know of any good guides, ideally ones that sort of help you out and make you aware of things but don't ruin it in the process?
They're clunky as fuck and the games haven't aged well IMO.
I watched them by stream, and they don't look too different to Amnesia. Black Plague has a demo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This GIF is actually really stupid because what's happening in it is exactly what's supposed to happen. It's a level where you face off against blind xenomorphs. If you move, they hear you. If you stand still, they don't. It looks cheesy and the animation sucks, of course, but it's not bad AI. That's exactly what is intended.

The game still sucks, of course, but this GIF is not evidence of it sucking.

aeolist

Banned
This GIF is actually really stupid because what's happening in it is exactly what's supposed to happen. It's a level where you face off against blind xenomorphs. If you move, they hear you. If you stand still, they don't. It looks cheesy and the animation sucks, of course, but it's not bad AI. That's exactly what is intended.

that sounds like a pretty terrible idea to begin with though

Nymphae

Banned
They're clunky as fuck and the games haven't aged well IMO.

Thanks, guess I'll check some videos later, can't beat the price.

Is this like a normal Steam sale, in that the prices vary? I'd love to grab Outlast & Machine for Pigs but would like to see something better than 30% off.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Thanks, guess I'll check some videos later, can't beat the price.

Is this like a normal Steam sale, in that the prices vary? I'd love to grab Outlast & Machine for Pigs but would like to see something better than 30% off.

Nope. Deals are the same games/prices for the week. Less stressful than Christmas/Summer.

Throw a pie or trip over a banana. Do something!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

That's good to know.

Can anyone recommend me some good co-op games in the sale. I've got two pc's now setup in the house and I'm going to try to get some co-op games going on them. Of course I'm going to need another steam account and double dip to play them. I suppose I'm looking for any steam game in the sale that supports local co-op.

Teknoman

I wanna play Swapper for the simple fact that it uses clay models (doesnt it?).

Also since when was Ninja Blade on steam?

The Boat

Yeah, but

NZN70uf.gif

Thinking of getting Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Alice Madness Returns, Max Payne 1-3 do they all support the 360 controller and should I get the GOTY versions of Fallout is the dlc worth the extra?

Anteater

I think it's just that it looks funny with the animation

Top Bottom