• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

Amazing, but you'll have to do some leg work to get them running on modern hardware properly. Especially if you're running with Team Red, which forces a driver rollback.

Do you know of a good guide for that sort of thing? I'm looking at the steam forums and all I'm seeing is a sound fix.

remist

Is any of the DLC worth it in the fear collection? It's 2.5$ cheaper just to buy the games separately.

Also is Max Payne 3 any good?

I bought Typing of the Dead (didn't know this existed... I LOVED the original) and The Swapper.

I really enjoyed the first Amnesia, how is A Machine for Pigs?

I'm tempted to buy it due to its name alone.

Edit: Does Pigs have controller support? Is it coming to the PS4 perchance?

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Got Ninja Blade for 4 bucks. It HAS to be worth 4 bucks.

pa22word

Do you know of a good guide for that sort of thing? I'm looking at the steam forums and all I'm seeing is a sound fix.

For rolling back drivers? This might not be the best way imaginable, but I simply use AMD's built in uninstall program via the Add/Remove programs page (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features), then run DriverCleanerPro and clean for AMD/ATI and AMD/ATI CCC, reboot in safe mode and clean for both again, then boot regularly and install the old drivers.

I used 12.6 to get MP1/2 working again, fyi.

Oh, and other than rolling back your drivers and the sound patch that's basically all you'll need to get the games working. The games do not support 16:9 resolutions, so you'll have to play with pillarboxing or deal with a stretched image. There is a mod though to add 16:9, but the results are very spotty at best and introduce various graphical errors in the process.l

For rolling back drivers? This might not be the best way imaginable, but I simply use AMD's built in uninstall program via the Add/Remove programs page (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features), then run DriverCleanerPro and clean for AMD/ATI and AMD/ATI CCC, reboot in safe mode and clean for both again, then install the old drivers.

I used 12.6 to get MP1/2 working again, fyi.

Well it's not like I haven't done this for any other game. Thanks!

System requirements for I have no mouth, and I must scream made me raise an eyebrow.
Minimum:
Processor: IBM PC Compatible computer with a 233Mhz 486 processor
Memory: 8 MB RAM
Graphics: A VESA compatible Super VGA card
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Additional Notes: HATE HATE HATE

Are there games that had previously been removed from steam on here?
Like I don't remember saw being on steam before and I think some others are new/re-added too. If someone could compile a list I'd appreciate.

Skirn

I bought Typing of the Dead (didn't know this existed... I LOVED the original) and The Swapper.

I really enjoyed the first Amnesia, how is A Machine for Pigs?

I'm tempted to buy it due to its name alone.

Edit: Does Pigs have controller support? Is it coming to the PS4 perchance?

Pigs is different from the first Amnesia game.

I didn't find Pigs to be scary at all, except in the beginning, when you're not really sure how the game's monster mechanics work and what the enemy is this time around. A few hours into the game I started to play the game for its story instead of the horror elements, which, to be frank, kind of sucks and becomes annoying. In short, it's a bit of a disappointment compared to The Dark Descent.

I already own Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on 360, but I haven't started it yet. I hear it has framerate problems though. I have a 2013 27-inch iMac (with Windows 8.1 installed), should I buy the game again on Steam? I'm guessing the framerate will be a lot better on PC than 360, but is the framerate on the 360 version THAT bad?

pa22word

Damn really? I was considering double-dipping on that collection since it's so cheap. Why is it ass?

Sound is completely broken and basically impossible to get running functionally, and the game only supports software rendering and as a result has graphical glitches and missing effects galore. Apparently it's loaded with glitches too, but after being unable to resolve the graphical and sound problems I didn't play it long enough to confirm those.

Just completely shit all around.

Pigs is different from the first Amnesia game.

I didn't find Pigs to be scary at all, except in the beginning, when you're not really sure how the game's monster mechanics work and what the enemy is this time around. A few hours into the game I started to play the game for its story instead of the horror elements, which, to be frank, kind of sucks and becomes annoying. In short, it's a bit of a disappointment compared to The Dark Descent.

Yeah after reading your post and a few other impressions elsewhere I think I'm going to skip it for now.

ReijMan

I'm gonna co-op Resident Evil with a friend this weekend. I buy Resident evil 5 or 6?
I'm only intrested in the co-op/multiplayer aspect of it.
thanks gaf

AlphaK

Right now i have:

Deadlight
Fallout 3+NV
Dead Space pack
DMC4
Sleepy Dogs + Nightmare dlc
Vampire: The Masquerade
Amnesia
Darksiders II
Brothers
PvZ GOTY

in my cart. Will i have any problems with these games in terms of glitches, issues, etc?

Silky

Banned
Right now i have:

Deadlight
Fallout 3+NV
Dead Space pack
DMC4
Sleepy Dogs + Nightmare dlc
Vampire: The Masquerade
Amnesia
Darksiders II
Brothers
PvZ GOTY

in my cart. Will i have any problems with these games in terms of glitches, issues, etc?

Darksiders 2 is a straight console port, in which there is no real customization in terms of graphics or otherwise.

syko de4d

Mhhh Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, i read some nice impressions about this game. GOTY like game, is this true?
Reviews are crazy good too but i dont see many people playing it, why?

Top Bottom