• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysgen

Mission Accomplished. FEAR3, Deus Ex, Dead Island and Rage Spent a few dollars more on FEAR3 since I'm playing through the whole series.

Double Fine Pack 5.74
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods 0.74
Duke Nukem Forever 4.99
Grotesque Tactics 1 and 2 Pack 6.24
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster! 1.24 USD
Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ Tactical Enhancement and Explosive Mission Bundle 0.81
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ™ Augmented Edition 12.23
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ™ The Missing Link 3.06
RAGE 14.99
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy 2.49
Dark Void 2.99
Jamestown Gunpowder DLC 0.74
Rainbow Six Vegas 2.49
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 2.49
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Deluxe Edition 6.24 USD
Splintercell: Chaos Theory 2.49 USD
Dead Island 12.99
Bulletstorm 4.99
Rock of Ages 2.49
Sonic Generations 10.19
Damnation 4.99
Bionic Commando 4.99
Serious Sam Double D 1.99
Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ) 2.49
Sanctum Aftermath DLC 0.49
Ninja Blade 4.99
Sanctum Caverns DLC 0.49
Sanctum Slums DLC 0.49
Sanctum Aftershock DLC 0.49
SpaceChem 2.49
Universe Sandbox 2.49
Puzzle Agent 2 2.49
HOARD: Dynamite Roll 0.74
HOARD: Sandwich Roll 0.49
F.E.A.R. 3 19.96
DOTA 2 (Gift Pile)
ArcaniA – Gothic 4 (Gift Pile)

MRORANGE

It's over! hope you guys enjoyed the thread, I had fun doing this OP :)

A big thanks to all the people helping with regional gifting as well!

CHNZu.gif

the main Steam thread will be up in an hour or so, I'm guessing people still want to say what they got in here.

iNvid02

bastion - 3.89
deus ex dlc - 3.05
skydrift dlc x2 - 2.19
saints row 3 dlc pass - 12.99
saints row 3 dlc pack - 1.99

=====================
£24.11 or $37.39
=====================

id complete pack - gift
stalker bundle - gift
skydrift - gift
space battles + dlc- gift
new vegas + all dlc - gift

backlog including replays is now at 30 games

Aesius

Man, I had some truly amazing self control this year. Well, that and the fact that most of the games on sale are ones that I already own.

I only bought Limbo, Portal 2, and Metro 2033. Was very very close to picking up DX:HR but my backlog is big enough as it is (plus, I'm pretty confident it will drop to $10 somewhere within the next 3 months).

An-Det

total 41.83
Fable The Lost Chapters 2.5
Just Cause 2 dlc 2
Double Fine Pack (Psychonauts, Costume Quest) 5.74
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 2.49
Hard Reset 4.99
Bulletstorm 4.99
Solar 2 2.49
Space Pirates and Zombies 2.49
Dungeon Defenders 3.74
Hearts of Iron 3: Mega German Spritepack 0.24
Hearts of Iron 3: For the Motherland 1.99
Hearts of Iron 3 Semper Fi: Dies Irae Gotterdammerung 0.24
Edge 2.71
The Binding of Isaac (with soundtrack) 1.49
Flight Control HD 1.24
Puzzle Agent 2 2.49

Not a bad haul. There were a few that I wanted but will wait due to price, and I already owned most of the other awesome deals. I loved that it started with cheap Fable TLC, and I can't wait to delve into Bulletstorm. Gotta love Steam sales.

Lucario

I've been doing achievements all day, but many of the lazier indie devs apparently set them to turn off @ midnight last night =\ Shit.

Oh well, I still did 41 and don't have much to show for it except a ton of coal and valve coupons (and a third copy of HL2E2 that I couldn't get a dollar for if I tried). Let's hope I win something!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's over! hope you guys enjoyed the thread, I had fun doing this OP :)

A big thanks to all the people helping with regional gifting as well!

CHNZu.gif

the main Steam thread will be up in an hour or so, I'm guessing people still want to say what they got in here.

YAY YOU AND STEIN-GAF for the generosity!

khannnn96o0a.jpg

1-D_FTW

9liHE.jpg

Cheapest and best Steam sale ever for me. After cleaning it up a bit, my Wishlist only has 6 current releases on it. And those are of verifying wants for me. Never been this close to completing the Steam game.

EDIT: Also won Recettear.

Between Amazon and Steam (and Origin if you count before the Steam Holiday sale) I have purchased so much more games than I ever thought I would.

Skyrim $40
Duke Nukem Forever (Amazon) $1
Assassin's Creed: Directors Cut Edition (Amazon) FREE
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Amazon) $2.75
Tomb Raider: Anniversary $2.50
Bulletstorm $5
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Amazon) $10
Sonic Generations (Amazon) $15

So about $76 for the past two weeks. Not too bad, but still way more than I was planning to spend. Skyrim was just too good of a deal to pass up today. Plus I know it'll last me for months.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

My preference would be that, yeah, people do their post-mortem posts in here and we leave it unlocked for a day or two, while the new Steam thread will be for new, 2012-related posts. :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So how are these coupons supposed to work?

Also, my haul for this sale.

Rochard, Bastion, Hacker Evolution - Untold, Rock of Ages, Sonic Generations, Poker Night at the Inventory, LEGO Batman: The Videogame, Costume Quest, Bunch Of Heroes, Hinterland, Sanctum, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Orcs Must Die! - War Mage's Toolbox DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC, Orcs Must Die!

iNvid02

coupons dont stack, and prices have skyrocketed

i got 50% off mafia 2 which is £19.99 now, game over

if anybody wants a ton of shitty coupons add me on steam

iNvidious01

MNC

9liHE.jpg

Cheapest and best Steam sale ever for me. After cleaning it up a bit, my Wishlist only has 6 current releases on it. And those are of verifying wants for me. Never been this close to completing the Steam game.

24 dollars with those items? what the fuck?

Giard

No idea how you would cancel that. Try logging out. That being said, you could always just switch back to English, since I assume that it's just downloading the corresponding files. It shouldn't really break anything.

Is it critical that you stop them because of download limits, or just an annoyance?
I've already switched back to English, it hasn't changed anything. Logged out too, didn't work.
I have a 50gb monthly limit, and the downloads would take up 20gb.

Eternia

A very conservative holiday for me, had to really hold back. What I ended up for Steam:

Bastion + Soundtrack - gift (I would like to thank TheNix once again, went well beyond what he had to do)
Humble Indie Bundle 4
Dungeon Defenders x2 + select DLC
X3: Albion Prelude
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (retail)
Dreamfall + The Longest Journey (missed it last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom