• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

froliq

Can I get the tf2 hats from crafting coal? I don't know what else to do with them...

Apparently some people did get hats by crafting coal. Think it was both BMOC and Ebenezer and they aren't available for purchase on the mann co store. They are probably still obtainable (who am I kidding? enjoy your valve coupon!)

Xzior

So what's the deal with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and a few other Bethesda games, it says on the store page that the offer ends 20 January. Is this correct or is it just a screw up by Steam?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
so, I have enough money left for either Arkham City, WH40K Space Marine (on amazon), or WH40K DoW2 Retribution (on amazon) + SSFIVAE.

I want them all equally... any suggestions?

(I'd need gifting help for AC or SSFIVAE though)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
so, I have enough money left for either Arkham City, WH40K Space Marine (on amazon), or WH40K DoW2 Retribution (on amazon) + SSFIVAE.

I want them all equally... any suggestions?

(I'd need gifting help for AC or SSFIVAE though)

I'd say DoWII + SSFIV, considering that the other 2 will get cheaper with time.

Beardz

My loot:

Bastion
L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
LIMBO
Renegade Ops
Saints Row: The Third
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gaspode_T

Oh dear, seeing the clock ticking down with 1:30 left pushed me over the edge...I think my non-work laptop is too crummy to run most 3D games but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping Jamestown runs okay. I picked up some other games at the same time, only $24...

Bought Blocks that Matter again even though I have it on XBLIG (achievements FTW)

I've been trying to avoid buying a desktop PC because there's no where to place one in Tokyo sized apartment...

Can someone from US help me with AC2 and Brotherhood?

I should have bited yesterday but I was indecisive and now I might have to pay much more..., silly me.

Edit: Someone from UK works too.

FireFly

Apparently some people did get hats by crafting coal. Think it was both BMOC and Ebenezer and they aren't available for purchase on the mann co store. They are probably still obtainable (who am I kidding? enjoy your valve coupon!)
In any case you can sell them for metal and buy/craft hats yourself.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I have these. Anyone want to trade?

iAIPY.png

Has anyone ever had Steam decline your CC/DC simply for having a ton of Steam purchases in the last week?

I think that is why it won't let me get Skyrim.... lol. My bank probably put a lock on Steam.

dani_dc

Has anyone ever had Steam decline your CC/DC simply for having a ton of Steam purchases in the last week?

I think that is why it won't let me get Skyrim.... lol. My bank probably put a lock on Steam.

That's why people usually put some money on their steam wallet at the start of the sales now a days.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Its probably not your bank, but steam itself. Steam has an incredibly overzealous Anti-Fraud system that will put a hold on your account if you have too many purchases in a small time-frame. Only way to get it off is go a couple days without purchases, or contact steam support. Given how long they take to respond, you're probably not getting it removed before the sale ends.

Thanks for the responses, and I'd say yes, Dragon Age is worth $15 bucks, even though I didn't get very far in the game due to boredom.

Honestly, I'd rather not win. Looking at a game list of like 3000 would overwhelm the shit out of me and I'd never play anything.

It would still be a good position to be in. I think I'd spend at least $1,000 on a new computer if i won. And maybe quite my job, lol.

I agree, it would be really annoying. I don't even buy bundles because I don't want to own a bunch of games I have no interest in.

I do have a game category that says "Zero Interest", but I wish I could just delete these games off of my Steam instead. If I own something physical, I always have the option of throwing it away. Why do I not have this option for digital goods? I DO NOT WANT THEM.

Can't you just delete them? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm fairly new to Steam so it's a legit question.

botlite

Sorry to be slightly off topic here. I posted on the DD gifting thread and have recieved no reply but with 30 minutes left of the sale I am hoping someone from this thread can help me to purchse Bulletstorm from the US store please? Will Paypal in advance.

Here is my tally from the holiday sale this year. Not shown in the image are some miscellaneous DLC and gift purchases. I completed roughly 40 objectives and won some pretty decent prizes. I also won Costume Quest but gave that away to Nabs. Not sure what I'm going to do with those other games yet. Total dollar amounts include money spent during the sale at GMG and GamersGate (LOTR: WITN, Saints Row, and Deus EX DLC, respectively).

Highest price for a single title:
Saints Row the Third - $19.99

Highest Steam price for a single title:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $13.59

Average cost per item:
$5.15

Total amount (my account only):
$185.32

Total amount including gift purchases (my account, wife's account, etc.):
$357.20

hduYZ.jpg

ha3Tf.png

iammeiam

Caved at the last minute, bought Skyrim. Feelin' guilty.

So is L.A Noire worth 10$?

Probably, if only for the creepy face animation tech.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit back at launch, but it has major issues (gameplay gets repetitive, main character comes across as mentally unbalanced depending on how you play the interrogations, some of the forced storylines are aggravating) . Still it's interesting and relatively unique; also nice to see a big-budget adventure game.

Gaspode_T

God Jamestown is so awesome...it even runs pretty smoothly on the most crappy laptop you can imagine. Need to figure out how to use 360 controller though...

Thanks to Wiflare help I saved 8€, thanks again mate.

Final list:

- Binding of Isaac
- Hard Reset
- Audiosurf
- AC2
- AC: Brotherhood
- Bastion
- Mafia 2

Amount around 35€ or so, so I think it's have been a pretty nice sale.

Edit: Forgot Mafia 2 lol

I still have one Witcher copy and 10 coal if someone wants to offer something.

I give you 15 coals for the Witcher.

Giard

I'm having a problem with Steam...
I changed my language to French to see what it would look like (I'm French). I noticed that 4 of my games downloaded updates suddenly, and fearing it would be the French versions of the games, I switched back to English. However, the updates are still there. I've paused them for now.

How can I cancel them??? I want to keep the English versions...
No one?

Kerrinck

Caved at the last minute, bought Skyrim. Feelin' guilty.

Probably, if only for the creepy face animation tech.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit back at launch, but it has major issues (gameplay gets repetitive, main character comes across as mentally unbalanced depending on how you play the interrogations, some of the forced storylines are aggravating) . Still it's interesting and relatively unique; also nice to see a big-budget adventure game.

Thanks for the impressions.
Have a few minutes to decide on whether to get Bastion and L.A Noire. Will probably skip, have such a huge backlog already.

Rufus

No idea how you would cancel that. Try logging out. That being said, you could always just switch back to English, since I assume that it's just downloading the corresponding files. It shouldn't really break anything.

Is it critical that you stop them because of download limits, or just an annoyance?

cicero

My 2011 Steam Holiday Sale haul:

Fable The Lost Chapters - $2.49
Chantelise - $2.49
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC - $0.74
Double Fine Pack (Costume Quest, Psychonauts) - $5.74
Defense Grid: The Awakening - You Monster DLC - $1.24
The Sherlock Holmes Collection - $8.74
Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Rise of the Samurai DLC - $2.49 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Tactical DLC - $9.99 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Renegade Ops + Coldstrike Campaign/Reinforcement DLC - $2.99 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - $2.49
X3 Albion Prelude - $2.50
Killing Floor Christmas Character Pack DLC - $0.49
Hard Reset - $4.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC - $5.09 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ) - $2.49
Serious Sam 3 - $11.99 (getgamesgo.com/Steamworks)
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - The Ikko Ikki Clan Pack - $1.24
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Sengoku Jidai DLC - $0.80
Total War: Shogun 2 - The Hattori Clan Pack DLC - $1.24
Total War: Shogun 2 - Blood Pack DLC - $0.39
EDGE - $2.71
Hearts of Iron 3 Complete November 2011 - $7.49
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident - $2.49
Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Explosive Mission Pack - $1.01
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition - $5.99
Gundemonium Collection - $4.99
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC - $1.49

$108

A bit more than I expected.

MNC

Well guys, it's been a great sale. Some fun stuff. Will look forward to the results of the coal raffles! See ya in the main thread!

My haul:

Fable: The Lost Chapters
Orcs Must Die (GIFT)
Humble Bundle 4 (External from Steam)
PAYDAY: The Heist
Saints Row: The Third (THQ Store + All DLC)
Bastion (GIFT)
Alice: Madness Returns
EDGE

42 Euros. Good haul, nothing too bad. :)

The sale page is gone for me already :( START TRYING YOUR COUPONS

My final Haul:

-Dungeons of Dreadmore: Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC
-Orange box (Crafted + didn't have it attached to my current steam account)
-Defense Grid
-SPAZ
-Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (traded for a bundle I crafted)
-Saints Row 3

Overall pretty tame compared to everyone else but I already have tons of games that I still haven't touched so I don't want to overwhelm myself more than I already have.

scitek

Jamestown
Serious Sam DD
Orcs Must Die
Sonic Generations
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Renegade Ops
Psychonauts

Amazon

Sonic Generations
Dead Island
Total War: Shogun 2
Duke Nukem Forever ($0.99 :p)

No idea total spent, but about half the amount of games I bought last year. I already owned most of what I wanted, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom