• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

How do you give away trading cards? I only have #5 and #10 (x2) but there's no way I'll reach the total. I'm not even sure what they do :p

usea

How do you give away trading cards? I only have #5 and #10 (x2) but there's no way I'll reach the total. I'm not even sure what they do :p
I've been trading mine to friends, but one friend told me there's a way to do asynchronous trades instead of inviting them to a trading session. Can't figure it out though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys reckon there will be a new humble bundle today? New Years eve bundle. Or they will skip a week (not that the main bundle is weekly, but lately it seems everytime one is over another pops up)?

Arthea

Let me cry more that I haven't bought Fall of Cybertron, even if I won't play it until 2019 at least, I'm so scared it'll get removed from steam.

you guys reckon there will be a new humble bundle today? New Years eve bundle. Or they will skip a week (not that the main bundle is weekly, but lately it seems everytime one is over another pops up)?

It should be, we awaited Popcap bundle long enough, now seems the right time if I ever have seen the right time. Imagine slogan "into the New year with Popcap!" Also we humbly announce Peggle New Year edition.

masterkajo

Has tomb raider been on sale yet? Will it be? I'm wondering if I should jump on the Amazon sale which ends today...

I just bought Witcher 1 and 2. Never played these games before, hope their good.

I just finished Witcher 1 yesterday. A wonderful game. Story (!!!!!), Characters and lore is huge and with a high res texture and char mod the gome looks quite ok. I am totally in love with the story. Great ending too. The gameplay (especially the fighting) is on first glance rather simple but has a lot of depths once you crawl up the skill tree and especially if you properly use the potions and alchemy. I played the game with the FCR mod (full combat rebalance mod) which changes a lot but makes the game much harder. There are 6 difficulties and I played on the 4th (easiest of the hard pack). It was a real challange. Don't except to get anywhere if you don't know what you are doing. Always be prepared (espacially for specters and ghosts or you won't be able to hit them if you are using the mod).

In conclusion, Witcher 1 takes its time until it gets you hooked but once it does it is a great game. Now, I am on to Witcher 2 (will install FCR2, also) and then I will be ready (after upgrading my PC, of course) for Witcher 3.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
After this sale is done I'm going to need a legit computer to play the games I bought.

Any suggestions on decent parts for a computer? I'm pretty sure my laptop won't play The Witcher 2. I've always been a console player. I have a small budget, feel free to PM me or message me Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/leebabins

would be nice to be able to play games on medium or high settings. Also i'm in Canada, so parts won't be as cheap for me,

Interfectum

After this sale is done I'm going to need a legit computer to play the games I bought.

Any suggestions on decent parts for a computer? I'm pretty sure my laptop won't play The Witcher 2. I've always been a console player. I have a small budget, feel free to PM me or message me Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/leebabins

would be nice to be able to play games on medium or high settings. Also i'm in Canada, so parts won't be as cheap for me,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246

Use this. It's the best thread on NeoGAF. (besides my amazing hitman absolution OT)

NotSelf

This is always a good place to start with the help of your build http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246

Good luck

EDIT: beaten yet again.

Anteater

damn i couldn't find a use of the crystal in LLTQ, this playthrough got me a different ending since I learned enough magic and got a different lumen advisor
we won the navy battle since we have enough lumens to do it but awakened the kraken, it's actually easier since it doesn't have as much stats check than the other routes from what I can tell, maybe I just need to max out magic to stay alive.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've been trading mine to friends, but one friend told me there's a way to do asynchronous trades instead of inviting them to a trading session. Can't figure it out though.
If you're just talking about friends, check their profile. Next to the "Send a Message" button is a "More" drop down; click it and you'll have the option to offer them a trade. They'll be notified of your offer, and able to accept, decline or counter with another offer at their leisure.

The one downside of this I've noticed so far is that if they get rid of the item you're interested in before they do anything with your trade, the trade will be automatically canceled and you'll receive no notification. So depending upon your timeframe you kinda have to go check your trade offers every so often.

Derrick01

Banned
Just wait for the GotY version next year. You know it's coming.

At this rate why wait for that when all it's going to have that's any good is the game and the story DLC that's likely being announced today? If it's anything like the harley quinn DLC from City then there's really no reason at all to wait for the goty edition.

caffeinedreamer said:
GAF... convince me not to buy Farming Simulator 2013..

Do the right thing and buy it. Don't disappoint God.

No one cares if someone jacks a Mirror's Edge Origin code or whatever--and in turn, those codes have no resale value so no one really would. Friends and family isn't really fitting in the spirit of the service, but personally it's not something that would cause me to take action because at least it's a person who legitimately wants the key they're specifically entering for for its properties as a game. Entering for a key to enrich yourself through trading with a stranger seems like engaging in a form of scummy arbitrage to me. I'm sure it happens a ton, but it's especially conspicuous if it's happening for a major, competitive game raffle. :/
Hmm, I admit that I've taken a few codes to pass them on to friends, but they have always been from big bundles and usually (if not always) giveaways that have gone a couple of pages without a claim (ie: I might have passed on more than one ModBot copy of Bastion but we were very much flooded with those).

Personally, I also wouldn't mind if people won games I gave away for a friend or family. I guess that gets into a gray area eventually though.

But yeah, taking giveaways for trade leverage is scummy.

HoosTrax

I wish we had some Harvest Moon-like games on PC. Or that Microsoft would strip GFWL from the PC port of Viva Pinata and put it on Steam.

Actually it's kind of a bummer that I won't even be able to play my DVD copy of it soon :(

I want Brothers.....but it's cheapest on Amazon US and I'm in the UK.

I know you just need a US address but am I at risk of a ban/issues if I do it?

I haven't bought a ton this sale, but the games I did buy have been great. Both Guacamelee and Brothers turned out to be some of my favorite games this year.

On the fence about getting Risk of Rain. May wait for the Summer Sale to jump on that

hohoXD123

I want Brothers.....but it's cheapest on Amazon US and I'm in the UK.

I know you just need a US address but am I at risk of a ban/issues if I do it?

No, though you should be aware that some banks will charge you £1 extra, but even then I think Amazon is still the cheapest around.

Tizoc

508217__safe_solo_applejack_animated_screencap_apple_spoiler-colon-s04e07_bats!.gif

You know what to do SteamGAF.
Happy new year in advance, and may your backlogs triple in the coming year~

Carm

Anyone that knows where to look on steamdb, is the Bioshock Infinite season pass not region restricted? Since 2k are being dicks and haven't put it on sale anywhere, I'm looking to pick it up from Nuuvem, to use on a US steam account.

ttocs

I haven't bought a ton this sale, but the games I did buy have been great. Both Guacamelee and Brothers turned out to be some of my favorite games this year.

On the fence about getting Risk of Rain. May wait for the Summer Sale to jump on that

Brothers was one of my pickups this year as well and beat it in an afternoon. Some of the best gaming I've had this year. Easily on my top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom