• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

damn i couldn't find a use of the crystal in LLTQ, this playthrough got me a different ending since I learned enough magic and got a different lumen advisor
we won the navy battle since we have enough lumens to do it but awakened the kraken, it's actually easier since it doesn't have as much stats check than the other routes from what I can tell, maybe I just need to max out magic to stay alive.

Even with maxed magic I noticed that combined lumen attack at the start of the naval battle was only a "partial success" from a stats point of view (although I only had one crystal, dunno where you get another from), I still won the battle but awakening the kraken didn't seem like an optimal way to end the game, so I opted against it in another playthrough.

I think I'm pretty much done with the game for now anyway, while I liked it I was disappointed with how linear it turned out to be in the end. Since the game is very text-reliant rather than CG reliant (and its pretty much a visual novel with stats) there's no real reason they couldn't have expanded the game to include multiple plot branches or some kind of randomisation to mix things up. I was expecting a longer game and/or plot branching and I think they dropped the ball on that front and hurt replayability and the possiblity for an emergant narrative. The game would actually benefit and open up a lot from mods now that I think about it.

Stardew Valley. Releasing sometime in the next year
I hope

edit: beaten

That looks pretty nice if maybe a little too rpg maker esque for my taste, will keep an eye on it though if only because the official HM devs seem to oscillate between making really good HM games and really crappy ones.

Ikon

Is Injustice available cheaper on any other sites?

I got the game with my Wii U and loved it but I have a pair of sticks to use for my PC and am tempted to double dip. Also, DLC is always nice I guess.

Hyunickel

Neo Member
I'm interested in picking up Alan Wake. Is it worth it?
Also, what kind of horror are we talking here? TLOU (Not really horror)? RE4ish?
I only have a laptop with a 540m card though. It runs most things fine around 30fps, but I heard that this game might be taxing?

Oh, and what about American Nightmare?

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Brothers was one of my pickups this year as well and beat it in an afternoon. Some of the best gaming I've had this year. Easily on my top 10.

Well I guess I know what I'll be playing today....... How long to beat it?
I'd rather just get it done with today and move on to the other 200 games in my backlog if possible.

I'm interested in picking up Alan Wake. Is it worth it?
Also, what kind of horror are we talking here? TLOU (Not really horror)? RE4ish?
I only have a laptop with a 540m card though. It runs most things fine around 30fps, but I heard that this game might be taxing?

Oh, and what about American Nightmare?

It's scary at times, but it's more tense than anything.

The-Bean

My current purchases so far during the sale:

• Endless Space Gold: $3.80*
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive $3.75
  • CS: GO Operation Bravo Pass: $2.99
  • Total: $10.54

I sell all the holiday cards, ES cards, CS:GO cards / random item drops and so far I've made $9.18. So Endless Space Gold + CS:GO for $1.36, by the end of the sale I'll probably get that down to $0. Thank you very much, Gabe.

*Friend got Endless Space for that price using a coupon in a cheaper region for me.

EDIT: Considering I've already put 21 hours into Endless Space & 30 hours into CS:GO I'd say I've got my moneys worth.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Haven't completed it, but I wouldn't say Alan Wake is horror. At all. More something like a Psychological Thriller.

shoplifter

Picked up Another World, debating on Deadly Premonition. Still have a few hours but not sure if I really want to triple dip on the greatest game of our times.

FloatOn

Voted Ys, a game which I'm totally not sure how to pronounce it, is it "yeast" or "wise"?

"ease"

I wish we had some Harvest Moon-like games on PC. Or that Microsoft would strip GFWL from the PC port of Viva Pinata and put it on Steam.

Actually it's kind of a bummer that I won't even be able to play my DVD copy of it soon :(

On a similar note I wish Kingdom of Keflings would get off the windows store and land on steam.

liezryou

Ok i remember someone telling me about this in another thread somewhere, but i don't remember it. And since undoubtedly Ys will win, which 2 should i start with? (I remember someone telling me to stay away from I and II.)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
This man is correct.

Ban this man. :mad:

On a completely unrelated note:

7897153de91027e9fee646656b5bdc830a0fb0c1.png

Level 1000 reached.
EDIT:
Ok i remember someone telling me about this in another thread somewhere, but i don't remember it. And since undoubtedly Ys will win, which 2 should i start with? (I remember someone telling me to stay away from I and II.)
I don't know if you should explicitly stay away from I & II (some would say that Ys 1 is better than Zelda 1, in fact) ...but be aware that they are products of their time.

FloatOn

I beat Ys 1 + 2 a few months ago and they were pretty tough. The maze dungeons, bosses, grinding for levels and esoteric clues on what to do next in particular.

It was worth it though. Charming story all around.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
checked that sale balance shit on the badge page. this is steam only, not counting GMG which might be...like at least half of this on top? I would have to check each individual email from them and i cant be arsed :p

You have spent approximately $339.38 USD in the store since the sale began.

well ok then >_<

edit: I dont think this counts Rising either which didnt give cards, so add 3 copies of Rising on that :(

Wok

checked that sale balance shit on the badge page. this is steam only, not counting GMG which might be...like at least half of this on top? I would have to check each individual email from them and i cant be arsed :p

well ok then >_<

edit: I dont think this counts Rising either which didnt give cards, so add 3 copies of Rising on that :(

According to Steam, I have not spent anything during these sales.

Danj

Finally managed a victory in Long Live the Queen, I honestly don't know how you could possibly manage it without having the information that's on the Long Live the Queen wikia site though. It took a lot of planning to come up with a victory and even then there were several points where it seemed like I'd screwed up.

Here's my saved victory story (spoilers, obviously, so don't click unless you actually want to see one possible path to victory).

Bought Another World, another classic I haven't played yet but I loved Flashback (on the SNES)

want list: cheapo Starbound.

and that's about it.

I voted for Y's, but I am not planning on getting it. SEE THAT'S YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH DEADLY PREMONITION, SUPPORT THE BEST GAME NOT THE CHEAPEST!!11

FloatOn

well ok then >_<

I'm surprised I only spent 33.32 USD so far. Feels like way more.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man, it takes a long time to start feeling good, playing Rogue Legacy. You have to unlock so much shit before it feels like you're progressing. :/

Man, it takes a long time to start feeling good, playing Rogue Legacy. You have to unlock so much shit before it feels like you're progressing. :/

After you get that "use triggers to slide around" skill the game becomes much much much much smoother (and easier to play). I tried to play Volgarrr after heavily investing on RL and I just couldn't handle the MegaDrive/Amiga gameplay after being a lightning fast SNES dude.

vg260

Is Injustice available cheaper on any other sites?

I got the game with my Wii U and loved it but I have a pair of sticks to use for my PC and am tempted to double dip. Also, DLC is always nice I guess.

I think it might be $20 again today or tomorrow on Amazon.

Martian

This has been the first sale I havent bought something impulsively. Granted I have 120 games, and I am a rather picky gamer (I play mostly strategy and platformer).
Only Harry Potter lego and GTA san andreas

HP lego because I had that on my wishlist since summer and GTA to simplify my game distribution.

I think I have everything I want for Steam now, and it feels weird

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Nah, it's "eece"
Y'know, I hadn't thought about regional variations in the pronunciation of "ease". The way I say it, it sounds exactly like "eece". So it's probably better written that way, I suspect.

I played it, beat it a couple of times but after that it became too grindy just to unlock stuff. they need to fix that because they're stretching the game way too long... furthermore I have more games to play.

marrec

Banned
Man, I really need to make a decision on HOMM 6, it's been on my wishlist for so long... and I know I'll enjoy it... but Uplay man.

Stupid Ubisoft.

Well I guess I know what I'll be playing today....... How long to beat it?
I'd rather just get it done with today and move on to the other 200 games in my backlog if possible.

I paused and did some stuff and my final time was 2.5 hours. It's about as long as a movie. Pretty easy to knock out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10.000.000 is hard, or Im just shit. probably the later :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom