• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Even with maxed magic I noticed that combined lumen attack at the start of the naval battle was only a "partial success" from a stats point of view (although I only had one crystal, dunno where you get another from), I still won the battle but awakening the kraken didn't seem like an optimal way to end the game, so I opted against it in another playthrough.

I think I'm pretty much done with the game for now anyway, while I liked it I was disappointed with how linear it turned out to be in the end. Since the game is very text-reliant rather than CG reliant (and its pretty much a visual novel with stats) there's no real reason they couldn't have expanded the game to include multiple plot branches or some kind of randomisation to mix things up. I was expecting a longer game and/or plot branching and I think they dropped the ball on that front and hurt replayability and the possiblity for an emergant narrative. The game would actually benefit and open up a lot from mods now that I think about it.

The second crystal doesn't really do anything I think,
I'm suppose to give it to someone so that person could be a lumen but in that playthrough I didn't run into anyone other than Charlotte which was just barely mentioned in the ending, and the crystal wasn't compatible with her.

I passed the stats check for lumen with all 3 stats maxed out I think, I was also wearing the magical girl outfit though so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yea the game could be a bit longer, right now it's really just going back to see if passing different stats check will lead me to different events, and also making some different minor decisions.

I really hope they make another game with the same artist and also expanding on it, seeing that they have a lot of positive feedbacks, they might be onto something, it was an interesting game and surprisingly I really like the art too.

7897153de91027e9fee646656b5bdc830a0fb0c1.png

Level 1000 reached.
Good lord.

Colin.

Word of warning about Ys. The rest of the franchise was not discounted along with it when it was previously on a flash sale, which will likely be the case again.

I thought this was interesting. It's not even 8am and our Steam revenue for the PA games is almost double what it was for the entirety of yesterday. The reason? We're currently in a Community Vote.

Yes, that's right. Being on the front page of Steam with a sign that basically says "This game may be further discounted in the near future, you should probably wait and see what happens" STILL is greatly increasing sales RIGHT NOW. The front page of Steam is truly a powerful thing.

Started replaying The Walking Dead season one after my save stopped being recognized some time ago. Just finished episode three last night and this game is just killing my soul. Judging by what I've heard it's only going to get worse too. :-/

Started replaying The Walking Dead season one after my save stopped being recognized some time ago. Just finished episode three last night and this game is just killing my soul. Judging by what I've heard it's only going to get worse too. :-/

it is enjoyable but in short bursts... just like the comics.

Considering teleglitch at 3.24 on gmg, along with 0.49 guns dlc.

If you like challenging roguelikes, you may like Teleglitch. The art style is really neat, and it actually does tell a little bit of a story.

But be warned, it's not a "nice" roguelike. It's hard. Really, REALLY hard.

Saty

I thought this was interesting. It's not even 8am and our Steam revenue for the PA games is almost double what it was for the entirety of yesterday. The reason? We're currently in a Community Vote.

Yes, that's right. Being on the front page of Steam with a sign that basically says "This game may be further discounted in the near future, you should probably wait and see what happens" STILL is greatly increasing sales RIGHT NOW. The front page of Steam is truly a powerful thing.
O_O

Gabe works in mysterious ways.

Remember when Bioshock crashed and it kinda ruined your enjoyment because you lost like 3 minutes of gameplay because of that?

Well, Deadly Premonition does that every hours/30 minutes/15 minutes/2 minutes/30 seconds and instead of feeling bad you want to challenge yourself to get the game working just to feel it's awesomeness. Less than 2 hours left to get your GOTY dose for -60%

O_O

Gabe works in mysterious ways.

Praise Lord Gaben

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Been playing Brothers, really enjoying it so far.

Been playing for about an hour, and I'm at the scene where you first meet wolves at the fire at night

Am I about half way? Do you think I might finish it before the next sale starts(1hr45min)?

Xanathus

Been playing for about an hour, and I'm at the scene where you first meet wolves at the fire at night

Am I about half way? Do you think I might finish it before the next sale starts(1hr45min)?

Yeah that's about 40% of the way through the game. It's really short, my complete play time says 2 hours.

Picked up Another World, debating on Deadly Premonition. Still have a few hours but not sure if I really want to triple dip on the greatest game of our times.

If you call it the greatest game, why would you NOT triple dip?

I played it, beat it a couple of times but after that it became too grindy just to unlock stuff. they need to fix that because they're stretching the game way too long... furthermore I have more games to play.

If you beat it a couple of times, I think you've gotten your time to value out of it.
And yeah, I should think it would be grindy, since you probably need great runs with high gold returns to even afford anything.

Yeah, basically what I think.

For me too giving keys to friends should be more of a gray area, but Stumpo's "rules" and the actual impossibility to control that, made me adapt to the common behaviour.

Of course, trading or selling is just shit and should be awarded with a good ol' permaban.

Agree.
(1) What's a javadots? It was before my time apparently.
(2) Any way to check the current "blacklist" for modbot?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I would say you are a third of the way... maybe a fourth?

I would say you are a third of the way... maybe a fourth?

He's at the beginning of chapter 3 of 6.
Almost 50% -- it all depends on how long you dally looking around at stuff and doing achievements.

It took me 3 hours to 100%.
And that had some "pause" time in it too.

--

Stupid question time: How does one control the game that is "default" in the view you select?
Example: I just clicked on "Recent" category under library. And the game shown was Fist Puncher. I haven't played that in a few days or so and have this problem at other times -- Library view focusing on some random game in some weird part of my Library list... I want to know how to control the game it shows on load if possible.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's at the beginning of chapter 3 of 6.
Almost 50% -- it all depends on how long you dally looking around at stuff and doing achievements.

It took me 3 hours to 100%.
And that had some "pause" time in it too.

I guess youre right, I can only think of 2 major levels before the endgame after where he is

Rhaknar

was reading the short story I have no mouth and I must scream, that shit is fucked up, is the game also fucked up? I kinda want it bad now

Achtius

Is Game Dev Tycoon worth playing? And is there any difference between the Steam version and the Android version?

nevermind: upon further reading, Tycoon is a rip off of Story. I'll just get Game Dev Story to support the original developer (and cuz it's cheaper too)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Considering teleglitch at 3.24 on gmg, along with 0.49 guns dlc.

What say Gaf?

I really want to put more time into teleglitch but something always seems to want my attention more. From the little I've played of it, it's very fun. Tense all the time, resource management and ammo conservation are very important. For being a simplistic overhead shooter the combat is actually fairly satisfying. If you're grabbed by the idea (Permadeath top down survival horror shooter) then it's worth picking up.

was reading the short story I have no mouth and I must scream, that shit is fucked up, is the game also fucked up? I kinda want it bad now

Yes, it is. Very dark, touches on things that most games still avoid though it does so awkwardly at times. It isn't the exact same story either, so it won't feel completely like a retread of the short story

Rhaknar

Is Game Dev Story worth playing? And is there any difference between the Steam version and the Android version?

yeah ive been thinking about getting it myself, I love the concept. Also i think its a different game, the one on steam is Game Dev Tycoon not story

So, does Deadly Premonition crash alot AFTER the dsfix or just from the start? I could play with shitty res / shitty framerate if it meant not crashing :/

Kiru

Yeah Game Dev Story is a different game and also made by someone else. The folks of Game Dev Tycoon took the idea of the mobile game and put it on PC with some other twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom