• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

Which game should I play next? The ones marked out I already have installed...

TUKPPwB.jpg

aScaris

Which game should I play next? The ones marked out I already have installed...

TUKPPwB.jpg

La-Mulana is a great game that really sets you back into another era of gaming. But be warned, it is not a short game, pretty hard and the puzzles can be quite frustrating if you don't know what to do. If that doesn't stop you go for it! It is worth it! :)

(Haven't beaten it myself yet, but I'm on my way to do so :D)

Kadin

Okay thanks all, The Swapper it shall be! Definitely need something a tad shorter right now so that looks perfect.

Sullichin

I know very little about Deadly Premonition except Durante fixed the resolution and it seems to get a lot of praise here. I have an hour to decide...

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has great shootin' mechanics.
Bullet impacts are nice and meaty, enemies respond appropriately, and little touches like mashing the R key to reload a six-shooter are so satisfying.

marrec

Banned
I know very little about Deadly Premonition except Durante fixed the resolution and it seems to get a lot of praise here. I have an hour to decide...

It's not actually a very fun game to play. In fact, it sucks playing it.

People only like it because of the quirky story and characters.

Just watch the Giant Bomb Endurance Run and skip actually buying it.

Kadin

I was wondering the same thing myself. I looked into getting it because so many here were happy to see it on discount but the impressions/reviews I've read seem to indicate a pretty terrible port. I decided to skip myself because I'm in no need of another questionable game.

Copons

Agree.
(1) What's a javadots? It was before my time apparently.
(2) Any way to check the current "blacklist" for modbot?

Javadots was this user that was practically stalking the Summer Sale thread snatching lots and lots of keys until someone found his profile on Steam and he had like 5 games so as soon as it was clear that he didn't redeem anything (IIRC he actually said that he gave them to some friends) he was banned for good.

There's no way to check blacklists, as Stumpokapow clearly (and fairly) said that he doesn't want to stigmatize users, even if their behaviour is scummy.
Also, there always is the possibility that someone is being wrongly blacklisted, so it would be double the pain for him.

Sullichin

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has great shootin' mechanics.
Bullet impacts are nice and meaty, enemies respond appropriately, and little touches like mashing the R key to reload a six-shooter are so satisfying.

Are you telling me you can mash R to reload faster
If so, I beat the whole game without knowing this :|
Great game though!

marrec

Banned
Javadots was this user that was practically stalking the Summer Sale thread snatching lots and lots of keys until someone found his profile on Steam and he had like 5 games so as soon as it was clear that he didn't redeem anything (IIRC he actually said that he gave them to some friends) he was banned for good.

There's no way to check blacklists, as Stumpokapow clearly (and fairly) said that he doesn't want to stigmatize users, even if their behaviour is scummy.
Also, there always is the possibility that someone is being wrongly blacklisted, so it would be double the pain for him.

Just to be clear, he was actually banned because he wouldn't shut up about the entire incident and had actually started to insult people who were concerned about his Giveaway habits.

hohoXD123

Wait, but if someone is wrongly blacklisted, wouldn't it be better if they knew so it can be disputed?

Is there any way for me to add my uplay games to my games list on steam? I've tried to by using the add a non-Steam game option but it doesn't show any of them in the list to choose from.

Is there any way for me to add my uplay games to my games list on steam? I've tried to by using the add a non-Steam game option but it doesn't show any of them in the list to choose from.

You need to look for the game executable. It's definitely possible, I have AC4 in my steam library like that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, but if someone is wrongly blacklisted, wouldn't it be better if they knew so it can be disputed?

No. Because the blacklist works as a shadowban system. Anyone abusing giveaways is generally blacklisted by Stump himself. People manually blocking others from giveaways doesn't go on the "community" blacklist unless Stump approves it IIRC.

Oh, didn't even realize. Legend of Dungeon was updated about two weeks ago
This update brings you additional game modes: Impossible mode, Daily Dungeon, and Seeds(non random), a few more Dungeon tiles, 2 Hot-keys for your inventory(so redefine your controls!), and a help screen!

bender

What time is it?
It's not actually a very fun game to play. In fact, it sucks playing it.

People only like it because of the quirky story and characters.

Just watch the Giant Bomb Endurance Run and skip actually buying it.

Agreed. There are more complete Lets Plays out there if you want to see everything the game has to offer. I'm not sure how far along the patching/modding process is for the PC version but it sounds like a bit of a mess anyway.

I would say that not, because nobody can be wrongly black listed in the first place, so why bother. giveaways are not something that every user should feel they have the right to participate.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have been watching a YT video of Don't Starve, I'm glad there was a price mistake on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about it. It looks like a fun/great little game.

marrec

Banned
Agreed. There are more complete Lets Plays out there if you want to see everything the game has to offer. I'm not sure how far along the patching/modding process is for the PC version but it sounds like a bit of a mess anyway.

Even without the questionable PC port the game was kinda ass. If you want to play a kinda ass quirky game that isn't a questionable port than just buy Road to Hell.

That said, I haven't played the PC port so I don't know much about it other than what I played of the 360 version.

DukeBobby

His PM to Monk was the last straw.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have been watching a YT video of Don't Starve, I'm glad there was a price mistake on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about it. It looks like a fun/great little game.

Looking forward to it on my PS4 via PS+. Otherwise, I'd grab it on Steam. Looks very interesting.

5 hours into Fallout New Vegas, barely scratched the surface, and by far my best purchase of the Sale. While I feel that 3 had the more engrossing Wasteland and more interesting towns (one of my favorite gaming moments is exiting the Vault, seeing the ruins in the distance, and then finding Megaton), all the other elements are vastly improved over 3. I play in third person, the shooting feels tighter, the RPG elements are more complex, the quests are more interesting

As usual coming from console to PC, the load times are so much faster, the controls are 10x's better with kb/m, and quicksave is so useful. And save for one crash, no glitches or bugs in 5 hours

hohoXD123

No. Because the blacklist works as a shadowban system. Anyone abusing giveaways is generally blacklisted by Stump himself. People manually blocking others from giveaways doesn't go on the "community" blacklist unless Stump approves it IIRC.

I believe Stump keeps an eye in the blacklist to make sure none is put here undeservedly.

Oh right, fair enough then.

I would say that not, because nobody can be wrongly black listed in the first place, so why bother. giveaways are not something that every user should feel they have the right to participate.

I never said they have a right to participate, but it doesn't seem right that someone can miss out on the chance of getting a game they genuinely want because someone else put them on the blacklist for no reason. But it's good to know it's not like that.

bender

What time is it?
Even without the questionable PC port the game was kinda ass. If you want to play a kinda ass quirky game that isn't a questionable port than just buy Road to Hell.

That said, I haven't played the PC port so I don't know much about it other than what I played of the 360 version.

I'd remove "kinda". I've only tried the 360 and PS3 (terrible frame rate) versions. The shooting mechanics are awful.

Seanspeed

Banned
5 hours into Fallout New Vegas, barely scratched the surface, and by far my best purchase of the Sale. While I feel that 3 had the more engrossing Wasteland and more interesting towns (one of my favorite gaming moments is exiting the Vault, seeing the ruins in the distance, and then finding Megaton), all the other elements are vastly improved over 3. I play in third person, the shooting feels tighter, the RPG elements are more complex, the quests are more interesting

As usual coming from console to PC, the load times are so much faster, the controls are 10x's better with kb/m, and quicksave is so useful. And save for one crash, no glitches or bugs in 5 hours
What mods are you using?

You're using mods, right?

It is a fun/great game! I wish I had been at my computer when the pricing mistake happened, I would have been able to give away more copies of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone linked to a giant FF7 mod some hours ago when I was at work, anyone got that link again? would love to see what that is about

Oh right, fair enough then.

I never said they have a right to participate, but it doesn't seem right that someone can miss out on the chance of getting a game they genuinely want because someone else put them on the blacklist for no reason. But it's good to know it's not like that.

This was my concern. Like you, I read that community blacklist option as being something that could lead to this sort of situation; I didn't know that Stump had to approve or whatever. There's some petty people on the internet, if you haven't noticed. ;)

Furthermore that you wouldn't know, for sure, that you've actually been blacklisted unless you're trying to get a FCFS key that used the community blacklist.

someone linked to a giant FF7 mod some hours ago when I was at work, anyone got that link again? would love to see what that is about

I can PM you the links, I bookmarked them when the post was made (though I couldn't get one of the two sites to load).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom