• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

I am tempted by Deadly Premonition, but I did already watch through (both of) Giant Bomb's Endurance Run on the game a while back. Unless there is something special about the director's cut, I feel that my money will be better spent on The Witcher 1 & 2, which would leave enough for Another World.

_hekk05

Banned
If you like challenging roguelikes, you may like Teleglitch. The art style is really neat, and it actually does tell a little bit of a story.

But be warned, it's not a "nice" roguelike. It's hard. Really, REALLY hard.

Sounds like my kinda game. Anybody know any standing coupons for GMG?

Jørdan;95386834 said:
This mod will make your game more enjoyable without changing the gameplay, it speeds up the wait/sleep time dramatically. It's magnificent.
Oh I'm sure, but I like to play the game as the developers intended first before changing stuff. Just a personal thing. Some of the mods sound amazing, but I'm going to save them for my Hardcode attempt

Can someone explain to me Legend of Dungeon? What's the hook? I played it a few times but maybe I didn't get it. Everything seemed very similar. It was pleasant enough I suppose. Please sell me on it!

I wonder what Derrick got banned for :/.

I had a look at his recent posts and nothing seemed out of the ordinary [for Derrick] to me.

Oh well, if you're reading this Derrick have a Happy New Year.

I hope your ban isn't too long as I always enjoy seeing what you post about games even if our gaming tastes are rarely congruent. Your willingness to be very critical and negative about games that are generally well regarded is refreshing.

I've been trading mine to friends, but one friend told me there's a way to do asynchronous trades instead of inviting them to a trading session. Can't figure it out though.

I don't think this answers it but you can do a trade with them where they don't give you anything. Perhaps that's what they meant?

Amzin

Oh I'm sure, but I like to play the game as the developers intended first before changing stuff. Just a personal thing. Some of the mods sound amazing, but I'm going to save them for my Hardcode attempt

While I can respect that, keep in mind the game is missing some features and tweaks because the devs ran out of time, so it's still not really what they intended in vanilla mode :p

Jørdan

Completely understand, I'm much the same. Reason I recommend it is that it doesn't change anything other than how long you watch the wait menu count down. Balance isn't effected in the slightest, one to look into for now or later. Enjoy the game!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Daily Deals

Naruto UNS3, Enslaved, Blood Knights, Demonicon

right guys...right? please? :(

Myshkin

Well, that gnome episode put us in a funk. Let's not let it spoil our holiday partying. Remember, another year is another chance at HL3.

--

Trading post open again for a while. Will trade globe for globe, any globes.
Just send me a trade proposal inside Steam - my ID is in my profile.

Current stock:

MRORANGE

Welp, family has come over so it's a bit hectic over here in being able to post on GAF while catering for guests,in case I don't get to say it: Happy New Year SteamGAF!

btw:

Thread 19 (2014) :STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

is ready and should be up on Friday/Saturday with the votes for GOTY 24 hours after the thread has initiated.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I disagree with people saying DP isn't fun. It's fun in a similar way to how Shenmue is fun, rough around the edges, but there's actually a lot to do in the game.

Can read my full thoughts here: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=94307761

It's a love it/hate it game, and the PC port is not good, but not nearly as terrible as people make it to be. But then outside of resolutions which Durante has tackled, I've only ha the game crash twice in the 22 hours I've played the PC Port, and one was pre-official patch by the developers to fix some glitches and controller support.

Khronico

5 hours into Fallout New Vegas, barely scratched the surface, and by far my best purchase of the Sale. While I feel that 3 had the more engrossing Wasteland and more interesting towns (one of my favorite gaming moments is exiting the Vault, seeing the ruins in the distance, and then finding Megaton), all the other elements are vastly improved over 3. I play in third person, the shooting feels tighter, the RPG elements are more complex, the quests are more interesting

As usual coming from console to PC, the load times are so much faster, the controls are 10x's better with kb/m, and quicksave is so useful. And save for one crash, no glitches or bugs in 5 hours

Glad you're enjoying it! It really is an amazing game. I have around 400 hours across 4 playthroughs in both the ps3 and PC version of New Vegas, and I still am considering another playthrough. It's THAT good.

Sullichin

5 hours into Fallout New Vegas, barely scratched the surface, and by far my best purchase of the Sale. While I feel that 3 had the more engrossing Wasteland and more interesting towns (one of my favorite gaming moments is exiting the Vault, seeing the ruins in the distance, and then finding Megaton), all the other elements are vastly improved over 3. I play in third person, the shooting feels tighter, the RPG elements are more complex, the quests are more interesting

As usual coming from console to PC, the load times are so much faster, the controls are 10x's better with kb/m, and quicksave is so useful. And save for one crash, no glitches or bugs in 5 hours

And don't forget auto run!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought Witcher 2 after watching the GB Quick Look. It doesn't seem particularly amazing but I bet I can get $5 worth out of it. I was hoping for a Dark Souls Skyrim combination. Ha! In my dreams, I guess.

- J - D -

Jørdan;95386834 said:
This mod will make your game more enjoyable without changing the gameplay, it speeds up the wait/sleep time dramatically. It's magnificent.

Thanks for this. As someone who's looking to step foot in New Vegas for the first time soon, I appreciate this. I'm no purist so if anybody can recommend the top few mods for this game, that'd be really great. No need to link, just name them and I'll search for them.

marrec

Banned
Alright, I made my decision.

I'm holding off on HOMM 6. I want to get Brave New World instead and I don't want to commit to playing what could be a Ubisoft crapped up mess just yet.

I'm still going to buy it though... just waiting till the next sale.

hohoXD123

Quick question, how hard is it to install Durante's fixes for Dark Souls / Deadly Premonition?

Not hard at all. Just extract the files to the game folder, edit the text in the appropriate file and you're good to go. Takes a couple of minutes. That's for Dark Souls anyway, haven't tried Deadly Premonition.

Jørdan

Thanks for this. As someone who's looking to step foot in New Vegas for the first time soon, I appreciate this. I'm no purist so if anybody can recommend the top few mods for this game, that'd be really great. No need to link, just name them and I'll search for them.

While you look into mods this is a great starting base for a new game that is perhaps my favourite New Vegas 'home' mod. Really well made and it makes me giggle uncontrollably from time to time.

I wonder what Derrick got banned for :/.

I had a look at his recent posts and nothing seemed out of the ordinary [for Derrick] to me.

Oh well, if you're reading this Derrick have a Happy New Year.

I hope your ban isn't too long as I always enjoy seeing what you post about games even if our gaming tastes are rarely congruent. Your willingness to be very critical and negative about games that are generally well regarded is refreshing.

I don't think this answers it but you can do a trade with them where they don't give you anything. Perhaps that's what they meant?

(1) Derrick was probably banned for being Derrick. Hopefully it's not too long though. :)
(2) Your thoughts on Derrick's views ring true for me, mostly, but it makes me wonder how he views the games GAF loves that I don't think are very good... I'll have to ask him sometime.
(3) I think he means sending a trade offer. Which you do by going to your inventory and clicking "trade offers", or by using your profile here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PROFILEID/tradeoffers/

Once there, you select "new trade offer..." and go to town.

Daily Deals

Naruto UNS3, Enslaved, Blood Knights, Demonicon

right guys...right? please? :(

Blood Knights was relatively cheap on one of the charity stores... galastore, maybe? I got it for $4.49 and I'm not sure it was worth it.

If Naruto wasn't fps capped, I'd be looking for a deal on it too.
I don't think Enslaved will be much cheaper than the $10 it's been on sale for before though, even if it is a daily.

Zeeman

OK, finally have enough money in my Steam wallet, now I just need to hope Gunpoint gets a daily deal even though it was already a flash sale

Anustart

Monaco is great fun online! With one caveat, your team. Most of last night I was paired with people going after clear outs which was fantastic. But towards the end with some other people, I'd be told in harsh words to hurry the fuck up, no one cares about treasure.

There's a lot better games if all you're going to do is run from point a to b as fast possible :/

Ok cool thanks, waiting for a response to buy deadly prem I think. I'm someone that doesn't like to install very many mods or mess with configs and stuff like that!

2) Place the contents of the .zip into the game's binary directory. (The place where DP.exe is)
(this may be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut)
3) Adjust the settings in DPfix.ini as desired
4) Adjust the keybindings in DPfixKeys.ini as desired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom