• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Magic 2014 Expansion Pack is the only discounted dlc.That one includes all the other dlc besides the foil conversions?

No. Just the expansion campaign, which is frankly all you need. The other stuff is deck unlocks (that you can by grinding wins anyway) and foils (meh)

Dec

I played Oath and Origin with the fan translation patches before they were on Steam, wouldn't play them again, but still feel like I should buy them.

Blue-kun

Fack.

I am not in the mood for hard shit

All Ys games are hard. Especially on your first run.

This is true, though you can also pick Easy Mode and then, as the name implies... it's pretty easy. Still, Ys games are very low on the 'frustrating' scale of things, because most of the time you'll only be dying to boss if you're playing on Easy/Normal. And you can just instantly retry them without any sort of penalty.

Anyway, both Felghana and Origin are great games if you're into fast-paced action games with a tiny bit of RPG elements thrown into the mix.

I played Oath and Origin with the fan translation patches before they were on Steam, wouldn't play them again, but still feel like I should buy them.

I finished both Ys chronicles and OiF on PSP, but bought them again on steam just for the heck of it. These games deserve it.

Macmanus

Ninja for $3 is a steal.

No idea what to vote for. I haven't seen a dubiously discounted early access zombie game in about 8 hours, so maybe I'll vote for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So the next daily deals will just be a recap of the best sellers, right?

no the sale ends on the 3rd so that means the 2nd is the recap day, the 1st (tomorow) should still be new deals (well, "new")

unless theres 2 recap days

Ptaaty

Don't Starve 2 pack looks like a great deal.

I'd love to go in with someone.

PM me you email addy and I'll gift paypal you, provide my steam link.

I'd host but I'm in WA and get taxed... :(

Momentary

Banned
MTG 2014 DLC on Discount?! *Rubs hands together* HERE I COME!!!

I was also wondering why the hell Planetary Annihilation cost so much and if it was even worth it. I looked at the product page and had to throw my wallet to the other side of the room to keep myself from purchasing it.

Anyone have any impressions on the Early Access. I'm hesitant on laying down $40 bucks on an incomplete game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Slots are for this years mini-game/format: Sealed. Which is REALLY a letdown since you can't reuse those slots IIRC, just like you can't reuse the base-game slots. It's a one-time thing to do that mode. So you have to luck out with a good booster pool for a decent deck. Not worth it and you can do cheaper drafts/"Sealed" in Magic Online if that's your mode.

I'm not sure what you mean by "deck packs?"

Oh, I got you. Two new decks each that aren't in the campaign or expansion decklists. Kinda pointless AFAIK since there is two GDLK decks in the expansion and base game each that you can use to ROFLstomp people in online. So not really needed.

Moff

I read once an GAF that company of heroes had a great single player campaign, among the best on the genre?
can the same be said of COH2? which one is better?

I never played any of the Ys games before.

What is recommended for a newcomer?

Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Origin
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ys I & II Chronicles looks like a remade SNES game with awful borders so I'm thinking that's not the right answer. But I dunno. Someone please help

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My brother bought the Wanderlust 4-pack and gifted me one, I wasn't even considering it since it seems to be a mixed bag but he said it can be decent in co-op so we'll play it with buddies.

Unrelated, but since yesterday I've been having a lot of problems with the local checkout systems Steam uses in Brazil... Didn't have any issues before so hopefully it's temporary.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I would also recommend not getting YS I & II Chronicles+. I have played an hour or two of YS I, and the combat system is very strange. I thought the bump system would be cool, but I did not enjoy the bit that I played, and I ran into enemies and died a lot. Maybe the game does get better, but I would not recommend it based off of what I have played.

That Grid 2 sure is tempting, game can look really pretty!

Everybody should of Mark of the Ninja by now. If not, get it, it's a great price. Same goes for XCOM it was my SOTY in the past (Surprise of the Year).

Just two more days of sale, I hope there's some nice deals in the Encore day (considering there will be one).

This man knows what's up! :)

If anyone has been interested in either/both of these games but been on the fence/waiting for a better price then I strongly recommend that they bite at these prices.

Both are excellent games with many fun hours of gameplay to be had. Treat yourself. Go on, you know you want to!

AkuMifune

Banned
What's peoples verdict in LA noire? never did play it

I think it's fun the first time through, as long as you fast travel. Story gets dumb at the end, but there are some fun adventure/interrogation murder mystery stuff happening if that's your thing.

Cue LA Noire tongue wagging.gif

Dec

Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Origin

Ys I & II Chronicles looks like a remade SNES game with awful borders so I'm thinking that's not the right answer. But I dunno. Someone please help

I think most people would agree either Oath in Felghana or Origin are good starting points for people new to the series. 1 and 2 show their age, but I still really like them.

I preferred Oath over Origin by a pretty large margin.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Origin

1 & 2 first, you can customize the game fully. Retro or updated portraits, graphics, have the border on, or in native resolution? Or stretched to fit, or else wise, choose to have the original soundtrack, or the remakes soundtrack, or a new soundtrack made for this version, among other things. They essentially combined every version of the original Ys 1 & 2 and made it so you can customize it as you want. And the games released first. Origins will spoil elements of 1 & 2, and 1 & 2 will spoil elements of Origins, but determined to play 1 & 2 is the better choice.

Just know it's an old game and it's age shows, but that may or may not bother some people.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one last giveaway for 2013 guys (you knew I couldnt resist lol), Happy New Year

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-042685EF3FD89BCF - Taken by AsylumX. 44 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-F6AA5FF25CD48492 - Taken by yo_soy_el_topo. 55 entrants total.

t1388514871z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom