• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Two of the buggiest and poorest RTS sequels of recent times for the price of one
too many
. Buy it.. what could go wrong?

Rome 2 has been patched a lot and is on par with Shogun 2 IMHO.
Company of heroes 2 does feel a bit weird to me (and I love CoH1 and Dawn of War).

Rome 2 is a must have if you like total war games or want to get into them. Or buy Shogun 2 if you prefer the Japanese setting.

Has Gunslinger been a daily deal yet? I really hope to catch a 80%-90% discount on that..

you can get [Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon] for $7.48. I don't think it will get cheaper than that.

hopefully not because thats what I paid last sale and I haven't even played them yet ;-P

Cannot believe the price of all the Call of Duty games still. It is laughable. Activision have to be the greediest fucking company there is.

Edit: Hahaha £232 (like $360) for the Call of Duty franchise pack? Even with the sale price? Hahahaha get fucked Activision!

alstein

Realistic political simulator?

I'm really into Grand Strategy games, but i dont know if i will like this one. I've seen some videos and read some reviews but i'm not 100% convinced.

If you're looking for that, that's pretty much what you'll get in a pretty dry fashion. The creator of the series is a pretty neat guy, also does the Gratuitous Space Battles series.

aku:jiki

you can get [Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon] for $7.48. I don't think it will get cheaper than that.

hopefully not because thats what I paid last sale and I haven't even played them yet ;-P
That bundle is worth $748, I say! Two ridiculously good games.

Majukun

Democracy 3 yay or nay?

bought it yesterday and I have yet to understand how it really works..kept changing things but nothing seems to change..i resolve some problem but just cause another as a consequence...

maybe that's the point

that being said..some reviews on steam said that in the end it's not that complex and not that in-depth..I'll try it again this afternoon

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gateways (Chariot blocked) -- MB-AEC5286665A82B3E - Taken by Pranay_. 1 entrants total.

t1419597434z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've bought a few games cheaper from nuuvem and activated them with a vp but just read that steam can ban you for that.
I'm worried now :-(

While using a VPN at all is technically against the rules, in practice Valve hasn't taken any action against those who use one to just activate a region-locked key or unlock a game early -- it's using one to aid in cross-region purchasing that may very well land you in hot water, as in doing so you're playing silly buggers with Valve's 30% cut (it doesn't see a cent from retail key activations, and obviously unlocking a game early harms nobody). You'll find no shortage of people here who've used a VPN for the former two reasons, myself included, and in fact VPNs are even necessary for game collectors as some region-specific games are exclusive to retail and tied to an activation-restricted sub (a fact I most recently encountered with the Korean version of Football Manager 2012). Also, Valve stopped outright banning accounts almost three years ago now in favour of a restriction-based system, so even if you broke even rule in the book, at worst you'd be prevented from using Steam Community features and adding to your library -- you would not lose access to your pre-existing library. Instead of this:

getimage.php

You'd see something like this:

support.png

Spookie

Is the steam payments system down? I've tried to make a purchase on my Debit Card, Credit Card and paypal and all aren't going through.

Gruso

Is the steam payments system down? I've tried to make a purchase on my Debit Card, Credit Card and paypal and all aren't going through.
I've had intermittent problems via web client all week. Today it said my credit card was rejected - even though I was using Steam wallet, and I don't even have a card linked.

Everything works fine through the client though.

shockdude

Well I added NFS:HP to Steam and used the CD key there, and now I can't use my CD key in Origin because it says the key is already redeemed.
I think the Steam version is the latest version (1.0.5.0), but could someone with the Origin version right-click their NFS11.exe and check the version in the "Details" tab?
At maximum settings, NFS:HP runs at 60FPS on my laptop with Windows 8.1 and a GT 755M (equivalent to a GTX 650). It also works with RadeonPro's SMAA.

Water

Off-Topic, but has this been confirmed?

Still waiting for a daily/flash for Resident Evil 4 or Dragonfall.
The Resident Evil deals at greenmangaming were good enough for me to bite. RE4 is 7.5e and RE6 is 5.6e after coupon. I really doubt there would be a better deal for either of those on Steam during this sale, even if they happened to show up in a daily.

Ayumi

It's been rather hard today. Worked after I signed out, cleared my cookies and signed back in (although that emptied my cart).

Arthea

Does someone keep track what was on sale when? I would like to know dailies, community and flash sales of last two days before today.

Volotaire

A just as good bundle.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009IR1SR0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$4.99
  1. Command & Conquer
  2. Command & Conquer The Covert Operations
  3. Command & Conquer Red Alert
  4. Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike
  5. Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath
  6. Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
  7. Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm
  8. Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
  9. Command & Conquer Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
  10. Command & Conquer Renegade
  11. Command & Conquer Generals
  12. Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour
  13. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
  14. Command & Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath
  15. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
  16. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
  17. Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

Also get OpenRA for remasters of the old C&C games with online and Dune 2000.
(doesn't include the single player campaigns)

There is also a fan remake of C&C Renegade.

Origin of course.

I've heard this bundle has a lot of compatibility issues and other issues that EA has not fixed. It's still a good bundle if you can get most/all of the games up and running.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Steam Greenlight access count as a +1 or is it 'software'?

Even when it was technically a game it didn't count as a +1, a fact which I learned the hard way. Earlier in the year Valve changed the app to a config file, so even if it did confer a +1, it would have been taken off, anyway.

Edit: Also, software counts as a +1 since Valve hasn't yet set up Steam Community to distinguish between that and actual games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey guys did Civ in SPAAAAAAAAAAACE already go on sale? Since am waiting for that the most now I think.

Everything else that I had wanted I pretty much have

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Wreckfest is a fantastic game and well worth the money. Cant wait for the final product.

Does it need a high spec machine? I've got an aging gtx560 with a dual core CPU. I can play most games fine at 1680x1050. Wondering if it's worth buying now or waiting till I have a decent PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom