• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dr Dogg was talking about two opinions about Arkham City, that I guess were posted earlier today.
Well fuck me, I missed both, even though I've been scrolling this thread all day and, worse, I'm actually interested in AC opinions because I don't know why I've had it installed for months and I've never really wanted to begin it for real.
I missed those too. I used to catch up on the thread whenever I got back from, like, sleeping or whatever, but lately the signal to noise ratio has been practically zero.
Here you go, guys. You can start jumping back through the quotes to reach the beginning. Spring-Loaded certainly loves Arkham City, and made some really good comments about it, so make sure you read what he wrote!

I was looking at my friends list and notice that 28 of them own Hitman Absolution, but only 14 of them own Hitman Blood Money...these are sad times we're living in.

Also, I'm playing Hitman Contracts for the first time and it's pretty damn awesome.
Maybe they already own the non-Steam version, or so I hope :p

Jawmuncher

When I played Doom 1 I was surprised how well it held up personally. Especially when compared to Wolfenstein 3D.

Game had just the right amount of everything to keep it a enjoyable experience.

Ibuki

Banned
my work place doesnt have wifi. which is weird considering you think a mall store would have one. we have the mall wifi. but they're spotty at best.

Mine is a mall store and we have wifi. The main reason is for ios7 factory resets you have to connect. How do you guys properly reset them or does your store not take them?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Personally I surf GAF all the time on my phone but don't use more than about 150MB a month. Use wifi when you can, turn off images and especially animated gifs, turn off avatars. Use the mobile site. Ta-da.

Interfectum

I was looking at my friends list and notice that 28 of them own Hitman Absolution, but only 14 of them own Hitman Blood Money...these are sad times we're living in.

Also, I'm playing Hitman Contracts for the first time and it's pretty damn awesome.

Contracts is great. But yeah, Blood Money is one of the best games ever made.

Kanokare

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. It's time for a repost!

The games are:
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!

Everyone is free to enter. If you already own the game you win, feel free to give it away here. +1 to your modbot lootstash. You should all enter for the grand prize.

Happy birthday! Hope you have fun and all :p Mine's actually tomorrow!

kevin1025

Banned
When I played Doom 1 I was surprised how well it held up personally. Especially when compared to Wolfenstein 3D.

I felt the same way about it. I got Wolfenstein 3D during the summer sale, hoping to get into it soon. Sad to hear it doesn't hold up as well, but I'll play through just for completion's sake. Really been meaning to play through a lot of the classic FPS games.

Yakkue

Humble plug in digital bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Ethan Meteor Hunter
  • Finding Teddy
  • Mechanic Escape
TIER 2: 6$
  • Legends of Persia
  • Kill The Bad Guy
  • Freaking Meatbags (EA)
  • Project Temporality
TIER 3: 10$
  • WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship

I don't know the other games, but Finding Teddy is a very neat little Point & Click adventure! Most of the puzzles are music based (similar to those in Loom I guess), and really well made.

zkylon warning: there are spiders.

Has already been bundled a lot though, so most of you probably already own it.

jblank83

There are plenty of old games that hold up, really. Getting people to go back and play them is another matter.

Doom 1 is still one of my favorite shooters. It plays well, it looks good, it sounds good. The levels are complex especially by today's standards, the monsters are fun to kill, the action is fast and frantic, the weapons are creative and fun. There aren't any 30 minute cutscenes that destroy the flow of the action. There aren't any QTEs to dumb things down. You just run and shoot, no handholding, no dumbing down, no laborious tutorials. Just go have fun.

Caerith

Steak is great for this, even on normal easymode rush hours. Lasagna... I dunno. Maybe I just need a little more time to get the hang of it, but lasagna destroys me. It's so easy to screw up the order or to forget that the third layer doesn't include the meat, or whatever it is.

I can't handle lasagna once the time pressure ramps up a bit.

Lasagna is just one of those you need to take deliberately, even in a rush hour. It later gets a veggie version and a combo meat/veggie version, but that just changes two keystrokes.

Have you tried soup? It's really tricky to prepare, but the mnemonics guide (which I wrote down and left next to my keyboard) makes it really simple. And it cooks slowly, which is always a benefit.

wilflare

Personally I surf GAF all the time on my phone but don't use more than about 150MB a month. Use wifi when you can, turn off images and especially animated gifs, turn off avatars. Use the mobile site. Ta-da.

I guess that's why.
I use WiFi whenever I can..
I turned off avatars
I use the mobile site.

but I guess keeping images on, animated gifs on, embed youtube on
and surfing threads like SteamGAF, Post your purchase, post your gaming setup... definitely killed the cap

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

That's not GAF.

Jawmuncher

I felt the same way about it. I got Wolfenstein 3D during the summer sale, hoping to get into it soon. Sad to hear it doesn't hold up as well, but I'll play through just for completion's sake. Really been meaning to play through a lot of the classic FPS games.

The biggest issue with Wolf3D is that it's really evident now that it was the "first" FPS experience. The levels can be way too much of a labyrinth and even on normal it can be quite challenging but not necessarily in a good way.

Still worth a play because of its historical significance though.

I'm just going to leave this giveaway here, and use the raffle time to run very very far away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-15C88708501557B4 - Taken by freshVeggie. 6 entrants total.

t1406226463z1.png

1399912248186fmkbe.gif

Nabs

Humble plug in digital bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Ethan Meteor Hunter
  • Finding Teddy
  • Mechanic Escape
TIER 2: 6$
  • Legends of Persia
  • Kill The Bad Guy
  • Freaking Meatbags
  • Project Temporality
TIER 3: 10$
  • WRC 4

I won Mechanic Escape in a previous giveaway and almost deleted it out of pure boredom. Each world is basically just like the last but with a different color background and more annoying boss character. The platforming isn't anything special, and the level design is lacking.

I may have just been in a bad mood, so I'd love to hear what other people think. People seem to love it on Steam (97% positive).

Shadownet

Banned
Mine is a mall store and we have wifi. The main reason is for ios7 factory resets you have to connect. How do you guys properly reset them or does your store not take them?

I think we used the nearby store wifi or something. im not 100% sure. I gotta check next time i stopped by my store. but yeah we do take in iOS devices.

------------------

In other news, Do any of you guys want to buy a $100 Steam Gift Card? I'm selling it for $90-95 paypal

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess Cyan have 2 games on his Steam account now? :)

Doom 2 is kinda savage, though. they have those monsters that spawn other monsters and the levels become labyrinthine and obtuse in ways that make Ys II final dungeon seem like FFXIII

Contracts is great. But yeah, Blood Money is one of the best games ever made.

I own the Hitman games on PC but only plan on playing the PS3 collection for the older games since there isn't proper controller support on the PC versions. Having only played Hitman 2 back in the day, I really look forward to playing Contracts and Blood Money so i can develop the distaste necessary to finally play Absolution : P

Copons

Here you go, guys. You can start jumping back through the quotes to reach the beginning. Spring-Loaded certainly loves Arkham City, and made some really good comments about it, so make sure you read what he wrote!

Thank you!

I've just read the first couple of lines as I'm about to leave, and what you said about wandering around City is more annoying than Asylum (even more so with enemy respawn, which in my half hour I obviously didn't know) made me a bit sad, as I mostly put it aside waiting for those times when you just want a game consisting in mindlessly punching bad guys in an acrobatic fashion.
But of course if I have to care every step I do for dangers and stuff, eeeeh, that's a pity. :(

Jawmuncher

There are plenty of old games that hold up, really. Getting people to go back and play them is another matter.

Doom 1 is still one of my favorite shooters. It plays well, it looks good, it sounds good. The levels are complex especially by today's standards, the monsters are fun to kill, the action is fast and frantic, the weapons are creative and fun. There aren't any 30 minute cutscenes that destroy the flow of the action. There aren't any QTEs to dumb things down. You just run and shoot, no handholding, no dumbing down, no laborious tutorials. Just go have fun.

Oh of course. Its a fun experience when you find a old game that is still tons of fun to play. As you said though it can be hard to get people to play older stuff. What with backlogs and all. I always try to mix between playing new stuff and old stuff I missed.

The pure gameplay aspect of doom was very refreshing though when I played. I enjoys stories but it was nice to just run around destroying demons.

Doom 2 is kinda savage, though. they have those monsters that spawn other monsters and the levels become labyrinthine and obtuse in ways that make Ys II final dungeon seem like FFXIII

Doom 2 is on my list before getting to doom 3 and the expansion. I was always told it was better so I guess I'll find out.

Articalys

Yeah, I've had avatars/images/gifs turned off using mobile from pretty much day one. Though there's still that issue where images with an https URL are automatically loaded, but I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.

Oh of course. Its a fun experience when you find a old game that is still tons of fun to play. As you said though it can be hard to get people to play older stuff. What with backlogs and all. I always try to mix between playing new stuff and old stuff I missed.

The pure gameplay aspect of doom was very refreshing though when I played. I enjoys stories but it was nice to just run around destroying demons.

All this classic shooter talk is tempting me to pull out my old Hexen CD.

EDIT: Not sure why I haven't looked for it on steam before. Hrmm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legends of Persia -- MB-7CDACDF4E15039A2 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 6 entrants total.
Suggarcube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-90847C3B99203B7E - Taken by Speevy. 1 entrants total.
Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-95931D1DB9FA70E5 - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-964F6D3A7BCB6F79 - Taken by -MD-. 3 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-A7B68F677721A06C - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-F6E43C7AEEB725C5 - Taken by nbnt. 3 entrants total.

t1406226705z1.png

edit: lol forgot multientry, oh well

I really look forward to playing Contracts and Blood Money so i can develop the distaste necessary to finally play Absolution : P

If you end up liking Blood Money as much as I do, you'll give up on Absolution after about the third level.

IO is very hit and miss, where they make some of the best games of their generations, 2 and Blood Money, and then something like Absolution, and then a million miles further down the list there's Kane and Lynch.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I do Stumps mobile tricks too, works like a charm. Browsing gaf on mobile with avatars off is pretty exciting too. Almost like going to a masquerade because I can't tell who most people are anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
repost because it was on bottom of the page >_>

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Legends of Persia -- MB-7CDACDF4E15039A2 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 6 entrants total.
Suggarcube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-90847C3B99203B7E - Taken by Speevy. 1 entrants total.
Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-95931D1DB9FA70E5 - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-964F6D3A7BCB6F79 - Taken by -MD-. 3 entrants total.

Finding Teddy -- MB-A7B68F677721A06C - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
Montas -- MB-F6E43C7AEEB725C5 - Taken by nbnt. 3 entrants total.

t1406226705z1.png

edit: lol forgot multientry, oh well

Jawmuncher

If you end up liking Blood Money as much as I do, you'll give up on Absolution after about the third level.

Absolution was the only Hitman game I ever played. Was let down by that disguise system so much. Had more fun just blasting through levels which is just wrong.

Today is my birthday, you know what that means? Time for a give away!

But not just any give away. It's time for another twist. From the one who brought you the Broken Bad give away may I present:

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!
(If you already have the game you win feel free to regive it yourself or PM and I'll do another giveaway)

Happy Birthday! What a giveaway

Caerith

Congrats! I thought I'd rank above you because I got there first.

Thanks! His writeup is convincing me to play the GOTY version of City (I already played the vanilla before the switcheroo).

Porcupine

The first feeback about "Gods Will Be Watching" on the steam forum doesn't look very good... I played it for 30 minutes and I am a little disappointed to. The gameplay is very different to what I expected after the trailer.

wilflare

I ended up buying the full bundle to get all the DLC.
but I already had the main game from HP_WARCRAFT (he's an awesome peep currently lost in the world of Divinity OS)

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-14CB85EAF85F2DF7 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 3 entrants total.

t1406226886z1.png

aku:jiki

The biggest issue with Wolf3D is that it's really evident now that it was the "first" FPS experience. The levels can be way too much of a labyrinth and even on normal it can be quite challenging but not necessarily in a good way.

Still worth a play because of its historical significance though.
Wolf still holds up for me, but I'm incredibly biased. Early 90's PC gaming is my favorite nostalgic era and I was deep into the birth of the FPS genre; I still remember the day the Doom beta hit BBSes. I couldn't get it to run! I devoured it and every other FPS when it finally did come out, though. "Aliens TC" is the best mod ever, not this newfangled Skyrim nonsense!

Also, my favorite book is Masters of Doom. Amazingly fun read for anyone old enough to have been around then, and probably still pretty fun for those who weren't.

Doom 2 is on my list before getting to doom 3 and the expansion. I was always told it was better so I guess I'll find out.
Doom 2 is good but not better, if you ask me. Romero designed most of Doom 1 while American McGee and Sandy Petersen designed most of Doom 2, and for all his cocky doucheness, Romero was a very good level designer in his prime.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here is some stuff I had left over when I did a "my loot" command earlier. Nothing great, but surely someone wants some of this stuff. Please, take it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Time Gentlemen Please and Ben There Dan That -- MB-C32FF64FB7005ED0 - Taken by electroflame
KnightShift -- MB-E4AD5B276B654F56
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-8CD918E16D7DBAEA - Taken by Porcupine
Luxor 5th Passage -- MB-B7E39E94EBAE740A - Taken by Vlad
Cargo A Quest for Gravity -- MB-978F356269C5D9F3
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-45731910E51129E5
Glacier 3 -- MB-2F6B64545C42BBEE - Taken by Benedict
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-CEECB1B8AF573BAB
Humanity Asset -- MB-84BFB633C88DD0B7
Bridge It Plus -- MB-3A2F47409496E142
Two Worlds II Castle Defense -- MB-70FF668D39D81821 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung
Litil Divil -- MB-C7C71F6526C0B707 - Taken by Purkake4
Krater Dr. Cerebro Pack DLC -- MB-D26F468A140C3BAD
Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-9CB3F1A6930493F0
Fortix 2 -- MB-ABA0193ADC17A934
MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-C4C468D7DD14E2AE
Gravi -- MB-04B57F5FF4CB7560
Etherlords I and II -- MB-D29ECF15E5B0EFCD - Taken by Catshade
Bridge Constructor -- MB-2925609DC6D78B05 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Metal Drift -- MB-B9091CA441602D7D
ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-706CA0A626B8A767
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-4BEE270C44F1F712
Shadowgrounds -- MB-67BE6A0722761574
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-A6DFC605C06637BD
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-4E86D982EB28AE43 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Grimind -- MB-B87D42E37D47265F
Larva Mortis -- MB-664DABB5A5CA899B
And Yet It Moves -- MB-8B48680AB404D19C
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-25D6C81B2D53D789
The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-59856FD624C67790
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-440384703D00A6A2
Skyward Collapse -- MB-D4ECA4AD02614197
Making History II The War of the World -- MB-A879E6849C4C565B
Little Farm -- MB-4D79795999BE9FF7
Plain Sight -- MB-64CFFBD5DC4DFF51 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Greed Corp -- MB-9FD9ABC069282509 - Taken by SSPssp
And Yet it Moves -- MB-99E9F0C194FFDF35 - Taken by S1n1st3r

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, I've had avatars/images/gifs turned off using mobile from pretty much day one. Though there's still that issue where images with an https URL are automatically loaded, but I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.

Try PMing ckohler; this sounds like an oversight.

iosefe

Welp, seems the juniors didn't want my games. this is now open to all users with only no lurkers
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-9EDAABFFB38BA116 - Taken by Hugstable
Fractal -- MB-133A935FC1EC733A - Taken by danhese007
McPixel -- MB-546B773AD0BD449B - Taken by Ghazi

Sharkiller

Today is my birthday...
Happy birthday! and awesome giveaway. I hope you have an excellent day!

Now the Gun Monkeys/Adventures of Shuggy/Torchlight GOG giveaways can finally stop.

At least I found some new candidates for my personal blacklist
Hey! I did a Adventures of Shuggy and a Torchlight giveaway. Im member of gaf since ~3 days, was my first and even Modbot reply to me after the shortraffle finished! Now I feel bad. I dont think i going to touch modbot again Y.Y

My computer has gotten god awfully slow when opening programs, clicking on a game in my steam list (takes forever to happen) among other things. This a sign my hdd is failing? Perhaps I need to click on one of those MakeMyPCFast banners.
this happened to my yesterday 2 times using UPLAY. After ~30min I run out of ram while downloading a game. Restarted, open and update a game again in Uplay and run out of ram again. Restarted and dont open Uplay and all is good. So there is some memory leak in the update method in uplay for me.

I'm working on porting the game to Vita/PS4/Xbox One too, so when those are up I SHOULD be coming back here to give away keys (if any: I'll have to find out how many they are going to provide!)
the game looks really fun. I hope you can play with friends.

JaseC, our resident Steam knowledge base.
really, it have answers for everything.

I keep looking at that Steam controller and just can't warm up to it.

How am I supposed to pull Shoryukens on that thing?
Me too. I really want to try it.

I think it's fair to say that, while i admire telltale's attempt at making episodic gaming with seasons and whatnot a thing, their games work MUCH better played within a small period of time, like after the whole season is done.

I've been playing TWAU (got it for nice and cheap during the summer sale) and i can't even imagine waiting 2-3 months between episodes. There are small details that i miss now, as it is. If i had that much time between episodes then forget it, i'd be lost for the first couple of minutes just getting things back in order in my wee brain.

It also lets you move on from a meh episode and get right back into the swing of things. I found episode 2 to be kinda middling but 3 so far has been leagues better. If i had to sit there and stew in my disappointment for months i think i wouldn't be in a rush to get back into the swing of things later, when telltale decides to give me my next drop.

TDLR: you're probably better off waiting for the full season of a telltale product to be out to play it as a complete experience as well as save yourself some grief and money.
Yeah I did that too for TWAU. Is better to play all at the same time. But I can't do that with TWD :(

Maybe we are getting a really cool big patch that fixes all the problems with Steam?
A man can dream

Yeah blood money is the best. I have Absolution only because it come with the Hitman collection.

Planet Explorer review
Added to my list of must play.

he's serious.

Origins is awesome.
T1ybYof.gif

Join the Payday 2 group if you want to help getting free stuff (including P1): http://steamcommunity.com/games/2186...95429883926509 http://www.overkillsoftware.com/crimefest/
I was in since beta. I hope they give more free thing. I dont like much the dlcs with 4 new weapons and 2 cosmetics.

IO is very hit and miss, where they make some of the best games of their generations, 2 and Blood Money, and then something like Absolution, and then a million miles further down the list there's Kane and Lynch.
exactly what happen to me.

-----
can't sleep a few hours and there is already 15 new pages -.-

Jawmuncher

Wolf still holds up for me, but I'm incredibly biased. Early 90's PC gaming is my favorite nostalgic era and I was deep into the birth of the FPS genre; I still remember the day the Doom beta hit BBSes. I couldn't get it to run! I devoured it and every other FPS when it finally did come out, though. "Aliens TC" is the best mod ever, not this newfangled Skyrim nonsense!

Also, my favorite book is Masters of Doom. Amazingly fun read for anyone old enough to have been around then, and probably still pretty fun for those who weren't.

Doom 2 is good but not better, if you ask me. Romero designed most of Doom 1 while American McGee and Sandy Petersen designed most of Doom 2, and for all his cocky doucheness, Romero was a very good level designer in his prime.

Knowing you were around for the birth of FPS alone definitely makes a lot of sense on how you see it. I've only ever seen videos from the likes of LGR and such detailing just how different it was when those games really hit the scene. Looks like its going to be interesting playing Doom 2 and comparing a lot of the differences between the teams. Really makes me want to read masters of doom after your little bit of insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom