• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Is it just me or did Chrome roll out a new browser theme (is this the new overview they were planning to bring in?)

Just wondering if I installed some shit that's messing with Chrome, or it's working as intended.

The pages say South America.

Yeah, almost of the pages I've seen so far say south america., However, I've bought games from there in the past like punch club and superhot and have been able to redeem the steam key successfully in Canada. It's been a long time since I've bought from them, so I'm not sure if they've clamped down on restricting the steam key as well.

I saw a super cheap 780p monitor at the parts store this week and thought about getting one to keep vertical for shmups and pinball. Does anyone here have a constant vertical oriented monitor?

Tizoc

imma get Dios Extreme Mankind Divider and Dishonored Again 2: The Electric Boogaloo and Dude Rising 1: Frank West Returns

and Guilty Gear Revelator: We're Charging Full Price for this Expansion if it comes this fall

Revelator isn't an expansion.
When Xrd SIGN released on Steam, they initially offered the game+all DLC for under USD 40.

Should REVELATOR release end of this year as well, as in 6 months AFTER console release, expect the same price point of being little under USD 40+All DLC.
It's not a question of IF it's coming to PC. Only a question of WHEN.

The game isn't a looker, but I bet if ht's a decent port and allows for downsampling, then it's going to look damn crisp. Gameplay already looks to be better than this AAA fighting game I'm playing on STEAM currently.

Dude it's same old KoF. If you've got KoF 02 UM or KoF 13, that's pretty much what this game follows after.

No one but collectors will care about this, but the vanilla version of Devil May Cry 4 is on sale at GMG for around $5. First decent sale it's had in quite a while.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That leaked footage of No Mans Sky is pretty neat, actually selling me more on the game than all the official marketing

Unai

I'm so torn about watching it or no. I know I'm going to buy this game and I usually hate spoilers, but I don't know, I think I want to watch more people palying this game since everyone experience's is going to be different but I think I might regret it.

dex3108

I'm so torn about watching it or no. I know I'm going to buy this game and I usually hate spoilers, but I don't know, I think I want to watch more people palying this game since everyone experience's is going to be different but I think I might regret it.

Around 10 minutes in that video and i think that there are no spoilers. Guy just goes around and collects stuff.

Unai

Around 10 minutes in that video and i think that there are no spoilers. Guy just goes around and collects stuff.

Thanks, I'll watch it and just deal with it if I see something spoilery later in the video. It's not like there will be a convoluted plot anyway.

Wok

kmZdBe8.png

dex3108

aww man I bought a 1060 gtx, stupid local store has one of those asus ones in stock

Time to take a rest my 760 gtx, it's been through some shit:

I hope that i will replace my 760 soon (also with 1060 :D)

After watching that NMS video i really can appreciate what NMS is doing on technical level but to me game is really boring.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

how about I decide how I want to watch or not watch videos or information about this videogame, which is just a videogame and the more they sell it as a otherwordly experience that will change my life the less I want to play it.

sounds good? yeah sounds good

edit: thats for the tweet themselves btw not for you in particular Wok

haendeul

I just did a full virus scan on my computer:
Code:
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SOMA\_supersecret.rar\dummy file name of encryted archive is encrypted

I wondered what the "super secret" is. Aparently it's just
a bunch of silly dev stuff

Last two weeks of December roughly (or last week + first of Jan) so it hits Xmas and New Years.

So, unless I'm invited to the Halloween Sale, I'm always missing Halloween. Got it.

Because our haul from the July Discount/Summer Sale combo is just too good to pass up. I'd be irresponsible as a business owner.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game about a boundless space -- MB-2C4E124744FE4414 - Taken by Deques. 15 entrants total.

t1469884009z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I saw a super cheap 780p monitor at the parts store this week and thought about getting one to keep vertical for shmups and pinball. Does anyone here have a constant vertical oriented monitor?

yeah, my second monitor is constant vertical.

the problem is that most shmups and other games don't let you select the monitor to start the game on, so you have to switch primary monitor all the time.

but its still pretty awesome for pinball and shmups, and for everyday windows computing too, websites and word processing are also a lot better in vertical... or just having a video on the second monitor and so on...

oh, and pinball arcade does luckily have a option to select the monitor and so on

Tizoc

how about I decide how I want to watch or not watch videos or information about this videogame, which is just a videogame and the more they sell it as a otherwordly experience that will change my life the less I want to play it.

sounds good? yeah sounds good

edit: thats for the tweet themselves btw not for you in particular Wok

Then why not tweet back as such :V
Really mate, no one is accusing or condeming you of anything, doubt the tweet is either.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i'm kind of really loving darkest dungeon so far

game's really addictive in that xcom kind of way, you're always upgrading something and discovering something and getting a little bit better at it and the game's got real tension to it but also a slow sense of mastery that means that if you're careful you're (generally) gonna get everyone out ok

i also enjoy that the game kind of lets you take risks at your own pace which means (so far) i don't really feel like that xcom sense of racing against the game because the enemies. similarly being able to just say fuck it and leave mid mission takes out some of the tension which i suppose makes the game not hardcore enough for some people but for me it's really enjoyable as it is

i also don't know why ppl got so mad over heart attacks and corpses. corpses i feel add an interesting layer of strategy to the game since working around them is just a matter of being smart. heart attacks have so far been mostly a non factor, i've had one guy die of one but eh, not a big deal

darkest dungeon is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom