• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I tried both Chrome and Edge, to no avail.
Delete all web browsing history, cookies, etc. I had something similar happen on another site and that worked. Also try checking if there is an update or something for the browsers. You can also message me on facebook the info and I can check if your profile is fine and if you want to buy something I can take the info and give you the key and log out after. That is if you need the game key quickly of course.

Delete all web browsing history, cookies, etc. I had something similar happen on another site and that worked. Also try checking if there is an update or something for the browsers. You can also message me on facebook the info and I can check if your profile is fine and if you want to buy something I can take the info and give you the key and log out after. That is if you need the game key quickly of course.

I just figured it out; I was inputting my username, not my email. I feel like such a dummy. XD

Thanks for the advice and offer, though! C:

Nzyme32

Seems Steam doesn't want my money. The purchase screen is blank...

Does Mad Max get less repetitive?

Ha I have taken a break from it because it has felt that way. I still enjoy playing it, but I purposely only play in small 1 or 2 hour chunks before I'm bored. I'm still fairly early in the game though so I'm not sure.

I had a similar issue with Shadow of Mordor, although that is more fun but seems like I am not going anywhere half the time. So similarly I have given that a break.

Anteater

swhwlbv.jpg

Kyaaaa

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
it was repetitive from the get go, so it gets more repetitive

Seems Steam doesn't want my money. The purchase screen is blank...

Ha I have taken a break from it because it has felt that way. I still enjoy playing it, but I purposely only play in small 1 or 2 hour chunks before I'm bored. I'm still fairly early in the game though so I'm not sure.

I had a similar issue with Shadow of Mordor, although that is more fun but seems like I am not going anywhere half the time. So similarly I have given that a break.

:(

Anteater

I do like mad max tho

it's like the most repetitive game I ever liked

it's the first time i felt like I know what jasec was thinking with his ass creeds

I do like mad max tho

it's the first time i felt like I know what jasec was thinking with his ass creeds

I love it too. I enjoy just driving around the wastes from mission to mission, clearing out outposts, finding items, tearing down towers, and killing enemies along the way. It's quite relaxing. It doesn't hurt that the game is quite good-looking, too.

Nzyme32

I do like mad max tho

Yeah, I can see that. For me, I have to limit how often I play otherwise it feels like too much of a grind. So playing in small bursts more frequently seems to work well enough as long as I don't get side tracked by other games which are more engaging.

Alien is SO GOOD! Argh! If you're a stealth fan or a fan of the franchise play it. I like both a whole lot but am not a horror fan and was hesitant but so far it seems manageable. The art, presentation, and game performance all outweigh how intense it is. And I would say intense over scary. It helps that the movies have such established cannon you know the general gist of how the Alien acts and what kind of events happen in the world. Nothing has turned itself inside out while chasing me or invaded my dreams, which might happen in the general breadth of horror but is limited here.

I know you're not supposed to feel empowered in these kind of games, but I just played through most of the medical wing without using gear apart from rewire points and it felt great. Not that I was kicking the alien around, but was using the systems of the game skillfully.

Sure until someone posts 20 1080p or bigger sized screenshots that kills your browser or has the page load up slow on your phone, then you turn a 180.

Put big images in Quote tags.

Using quotes doesn't reduce the image file size. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ibuki

Banned
Sure until someone posts 20 1080p or bigger sized screenshots that kills your browser or has the page load up slow on your phone, then you turn a 180.

When browsing on mobile why would you have pictures loading automatically?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Quote-shrunk images actually seem to be a bit harsher on my browser than full-size images.

Alien is SO GOOD! Argh! If you're a stealth fan or a fan of the franchise play it. I like both a whole lot but am not a horror fan and was hesitant but so far it seems manageable. The art, presentation, and game performance all outweigh how intense it is. And I would say intense over scary. It helps that the movies have such established cannon you know the general gist of how the Alien acts and what kind of events happen in the world. Nothing has turned itself inside out while chasing me or invaded my dreams, which might happen in the general breadth of horror but is limited here.

I know you're not supposed to feel empowered in these kind of games, but I just played through most of the medical wing without using gear apart from rewire points and it felt great. Not that I was kicking the alien around, but was using the systems of the game skillfully.

I'm also playing this game. I would say I'm a casual fan of both stealth games (they're kinda hit or miss for me) and the alien franchise but this game is pretty good. The atmosphere is really well done.
There are parts that, when I look back on during a break from it, its obvious it was a walking/exploration section. During that moment however I'm constantly vigilant and I've definitely jumped once or twice because a door or shaft opened right next to me.

Bit of a coincidence but I also just finished the medical section. Took it so slowly and did spent a good two minutes inside a locker because the alien might have been nearby, I wasn't sure.
Most tense moment though was when I was rooting for supplies in one of the rooms and I hear the door open. I turn round on the spot to the door but luckily I was behind a bed so couldn't be seen but just over the top of the bed I could see the top of the alien's dome head as he slowly drifted past. Another minute or two spent just sitting there waiting.

Using quotes doesn't reduce the image file size. Correct me if I'm wrong.
No they do not get resized automatically by quoting them. That would be kind of useless to me. But having them small and possibly several at once to glance and then see bigger by clicking is a whole lot more comfortably browsing experience than having to scroll through walls of big images.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-F1227D36FA20B7D9 - Taken by voodooray

Wok

I have no clue what is going on with Early Access sometimes. Let me explain it. So, I notice a game called "Book of Demons", Early Access since July 28, sold for 15€ (including 25% discount), with very positive reviews. I see there are 175 achievements and I am intrigued and decide to check the forum. There, I find two such threads with people who want to refund the Steam purchase in order to buy a kind of season pass for the game (plus the 6 follow-up games) for 60€ on the dev website. At this point, I wonder whether these people are gamblers, the dev friends, or the game is really awesome and people want to invest 60€ for the next 10 years. It is as if there was a super-mega-early-access option.

Ascheroth

Aaaaand done with chapter 4 of Trails SC.
Man, every chapter climax still gives me goosebumps < 3

Still, the hardest thing about the game is to decide who goes in my party <.<
Olivier is obvious, but the remaining spot is either Tita or Kloe. Kloe usually has some good dialogue with Estelle and her 'special status' makes things fun, but since Agate is a fixed member and it's his home-region I'm betting there's a lot of interaction with Tita... Argh.
Any suggestions?

I see on the Steam page for We Happy Few and it costs $30, BUT the full release will cost more! How much will it increase? That's a pretty high price for early access matched only by Day Z, which also will raise its price of I'm remembering correctly.

Lomax

Honestly mobile Gaf handles large images much better than just in a browser. In a regular browser they end up taking forever to scroll past, the mobile browser always resizes them. Plus it's easy to disable images by default on mobile. The only benefit I see to using quote tags is so that people don't have the image in replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
High five, I need to get back to this game, kinda want to reroll the game because my party management already kinda fucked up I'm not comfy enough to go to high level mission but no low level b-team to grind either

beside that game's crack
yeah i'm kind of scared i've fucked over myself cos i'm having trouble building a c-team to do level 1 missions

i have two level 3-4 teams that are my core, specially the second team cos by the time i built b team i had figured out you probably shouldn't let ur guys get stressed out

i just want another bard and grave digger, they were my favorites and they're both dead ;_;

Hell yes it is. I kind of think the difficulty went through the roof and took a big dump on the player during the endgame, but aside from that it is awesome. Should get back in and see if I can finish it...
like in the darkest dungeon?

yeah i can see that, specially since you can't really leave. i might disable that if you can

rtcn63

There are too many upgrades in The Evil Within. I'm all about variety and choice, but it would've been better too offload some of the improvements to item drops- i.e. ammo stock. The game already has chests. Considering how little upgrade gel you get, it's very each to spread yourself thin.

All the weapons (barring the crossbow) have the same upgrades, but increasing the the critical chance (instant kill headshots) is pointless on the sniper rifle since it's already a one-hit kill if you target the head for most enemies.

Also the lack of cool "final" upgrades. The basic harpoon gets an OP fire effect added if you max out its damage, but this doesn't apply to any other weapon (I think).

Maxing out sprint is practically a necessity mid-game. Well, up to level 4 at least.

Aaaaand done with chapter 4 of Trails SC.
Man, every chapter climax still gives me goosebumps < 3

Still, the hardest thing about the game is to decide who goes in my party <.<
Olivier is obvious, but the remaining spot is either Tita or Kloe. Kloe usually has some good dialogue with Estelle and her 'special status' makes things fun, but since Agate is a fixed member and it's his home-region I'm betting there's a lot of interaction with Tita... Argh.
Any suggestions?

Kloe and Agate if you want the best possible party. Since you like using Olivier I would go Agate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom