• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Summer sale thread was fun. Glad to be back to the usual thing though.

Hope everyone in the US is having a good 4th.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

No Turning Back The Pixel Art Action-Adventure Roguelike -- MB-A1357D0205870594 - Taken by Purkake4
DEAD HUNGRY DINER -- MB-20B1D3A01D9A8E9C - Taken by Eila
Legends of Solitaire Curse of the Dragons -- MB-5A3318F75DE234F0 - Taken by rainking187

Uhhhh... I know that hating on anime is a meme here and all, but do you sincerely think that this:

looks better than this?

Different tastes and all, but I can't stand the art in the first one.

Totally. Although I meant the sprite art as much as the portraits. They clash a lot more than in the original version, which had a low-fi sort of thing unifying it.

Unfortunately there's no good comparisons because OWH's store screenshots are, like 1/3 the size of the new one's.

How can Garry's Mod sell so much? Count me in the group that doesn't know what it does other than those videos where they throw a bunch of half life props in a field and glue them together.

Speevy

Banned
How can Garry's Mod sell so much? Count me in the group that doesn't know what it does other than those videos where they throw a bunch of half life props in a field and glue them together.

It did that first.

Or something, maybe not. I don't know.

Popstar

Valve finally got rid of Flash on the Hardware Survey page. The percentages are listed in reverse order but it's something at least.

Perhaps next they'll make it so videos play on Safari without Flash installed, but that's probably too much to hope for.

that's odd, it was EASILY the least buggy bethesda-published RPG I've ever played

I've never had that issue myself. In fact, it's the first time I read such issue. Is it a new bug introduced in recent patches or something?

Put over 100 hours into it on my old 960. I encountered a few framerate dips, but nothing that low and it wasn't constant.

Weird. In the end it was (initially) the built-in v-sync. But the FPS went way too high in menus/picking locks. Picking a lock with 500+ FPS was pretty hard lol, it moved way too fast and my bobby pin broke in less than a second.

My solution was to turn iPresentValue=0, fullscreen and add iPreloadSizeLimit=262144000

The first one unlocked the frames, the fullscreen made it gsync and the forced vsync from nvidia panel work and capped it at 75 (my screen refresh rate), and the last one increased my fps by 20-25 frames.

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s93p4/low_fps_on_good_hardware_try_these_two_fixes/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496880503081127746/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3s9joc/fallout_4_pc_capped_at_30_fps_fix/

IS IT A POST-SALE GIVEAWAY?

I THINK IT IS.

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

army of tentacles: (not) a cthluhu fucking simulator -- MB-583FB9F3A1AA4D06 - Taken by Jazz573
army of tentacles: (not) a culthu dating sim -- MB-6675135BC5129304 - Taken by Lomax

There was an infection type zombie game that I put a lot of hours into years ago, lots of fun even as rough as it ran sometimes

That game was "last gens" Half Life 1. Got a lot of maps/servers with a lot of different gamemodes like Battle Royale, Prison Break etc.

That it is!

Expert's quite a challenge - perhaps start off on that, but don't be afraid to drop it down to casual if the battles start to become frustrating.

hmm, I think I'll start on casual then

I just don't wanna hurt my e-reputation by playing on a babby mode, I'm sure you understand

illusionary

hmm, I think I'll start on casual then

I just don't wanna hurt my e-reputation by playing on a babby mode, I'm sure you understand

Nothing to feel ashamed by at all - most important is to enjoy the game, after all! Certainly I had to drop the difficulty down later in the game to avoid frustration.

gabbo

No sales hangover with two games. Smallest sales haul yet.
Feels good, especially with the normal thread back

oh good, we're back in community and no more sale which means it won't be endless pages of "should i buy x game?" or "this is my damage" posts. :p

NOW ON TO SRS BUSINESS!! So I'm playing wasteland 2, I'm finishing up the questline for hollywood (spoilers)
I'm getting the church and hollywood to work together, at the sewer atm getting reckt by hidi and her synth buddy. fucking synths do so much dmg and can go so many times :mad:
. How close am I to finishing the game?

Fitts

Weird. In the end it was (initially) the built-in v-sync. But the FPS went way too high in menus/picking locks. Picking a lock with 500+ FPS was pretty hard lol, it moved way too fast and my bobby pin broke in less than a second.

My solution was to turn iPresentValue=0, fullscreen and add iPreloadSizeLimit=262144000

The first one unlocked the frames, the fullscreen made it gsync and the forced vsync from nvidia panel work and capped it at 75 (my screen refresh rate), and the last one increased my fps by 20-25 frames.

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones:

Yeah, I don't doubt you ran into some ridiculous bug. Fallout 4 had a relatively smooth launch, but it's still a Bethesda game. Personally, the worst thing I encountered was a bug in which enemies would suddenly stop taking damage. About 15-30 seconds later, it would crash to desktop. It happened with a specific group of raiders and was reproducible. I could reload the game and try again without a problem, but I just couldn't cross this one specific bridge without the game crashing. I just avoided the encounter and never ran into the issue again.

cicero

The Temporal Invasion should appear on Steam shortly:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/454220

The game is done by a dev who did an early access game with mixed reviews:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/444460

However, this time the dev is self-publishing his game, and most importantly putting it on sale at a 40% discount rate on Humble store (with Steam key):
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-temporal-invasion

No idea how good the game is though. I might bite if it is some kind of CSI game. Enhance!

Edit: Okay, the game is now on Steam too, with the same discount. It was not a few minutes ago.

I wondered how this was in my library already. This game was in the Groupees Build A Greenlight Bundle 40.

Soulflarz

Banned
my pc really did not like the tram in doom

...died, dropped from a constant 60fps all game to 11fps average

X_X

gtx980 and i7 4790k

rebooted the game and im fine, but o-okay then

AHA-Lambda

Just Umineko this month for me it seems, then again considering its 4 episodes worth all at once it'll probably take all month to finish =/

madjoki

my pc really did not like the tram in doom

...died, dropped from a constant 60fps all game to 11fps average

X_X

gtx980 and i7 4790k

rebooted the game and im fine, but o-okay then

It happens. For me sometimes GTX 970 dropped to '2d clocks' too. Probably nvidia driver bug or something like that?

Sendou

Haven't written here in ages but I hope with the new PC I just built I can remedy that a bit! Just started GTA V first playthrough but not 100% sold on the gameplay yet (just did the first mission w/ Trevor). Los Santos is really pretty though!

Fitts

It's good to be back.

A lot of horror and horror-ish games releasing this July. Birthday is very soon.

Would you recommend Alien Isolation or SOMA? I was going to purchase one this sale, but I held off with the intention of buying one or the other next Winter Sale.

AHA-Lambda

my god adding a pre-order to cart in the UPlay store just crashed the entire website for me.

Keep fighting the good fight Ubi...

Anyway, £44 for South Park 2 with season pass, seems decent enough?

Pachimari

Is South Park: The Fractured But Whole being released on Steam or is it uPlay exclusive because it is being developed in-house this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom