• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Warhammer's Chaos campaign is savage. They go from such a strong faction when you're facing them, to one scrounging to survive. Becomes a real tactical thing of "how do I break into this land."

I'm continually impressed by how varied they have made the different factions.
  • Greenskins are all about war and battering others into submission, surging and waning thanks to their waaaghs.
  • The Empire is about diplomacy and confederations, choosing allies and enemies carefully to allow for easy expansion of their empire, while amassing a powerful army of heroes and units. All backed by an empire's worth of tech, industry & trade.
  • The Vampires are about spreading their corruption, weakening those around them and breaking up alliances, pouncing on opportunities as they present themselves.
  • Chaos is a one-sided crusade, as the end times themselves accelerate the apocalypse turn-by-turn. It's almost a game of cat and mouse, figuring out the weakest links and striking them, with no one else by your side.
  • And Dwarves, which I haven't played yet, seem highly designed around building up their mountain forts into industrial havens of trade and technology, making them difficult to root out.

Gonna be incredible if CA can keep it up for the future faction additions.

AHA-Lambda

Actually once again I notice Steam tax being hit in the case of South Park 2. £55 on UPlay for Gold Edition but £60 on Steam.

I still don't understand how that sort of behaviour is legal or not fall afoul of anti competitive practices.

Is South Park: The Fractured But Whole being released on Steam or is it uPlay exclusive because it is being developed in-house this time?

It's being sold on steam but requires UPlay implementation, like basically every Ubi title these days

drakaenae

My haul:

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
Undertale
NEKOPARA Vol. 0
NEKOPARA Vol. 2
Catch a Falling Star

Didn't have the patience to wait til Zero Escape goes on sale
Spent about $75

Granjinha

I'm really happy that Spike Chunsoft seems to be going all in with their steam releases. Hope that tri-ace game comes over too.

Aksys seems to have turned around, too, with Tokyo Xanadu/Tokyo Twilight Ghosts Hunters (something like that AFAIK)

Can't wait to see the next announcements from SEGA/Capcom.

Oh, and i didn't buy anything this sale. Really happy with myself. My backlog is already huge as it is. :)

Blu(e)

I'm really happy that Spike Chunsoft seems to be going all in with their steam releases. Hope that tri-ace game comes over too.

Aksys seems to have turned around, too, with Tokyo Xanadu/Tokyo Twilight Ghosts Hunters (something like that AFAIK)

Can't wait to see the next announcements from SEGA/Capcom.

Oh, and i didn't buy anything this sale. Really happy with myself. My backlog is already huge as it is. :)

Oh man I didn't know this was coming. Really liked the art from this game and thought it looked interesting on PS3, but at the time I already had put my PS3 to pasture and wasn't really that interested in visual novels at the time. Now I'm giving them all a try. Japanese releases on steam have really grown.

If Sega ever brings Resonance of Fate over I'm so in.

chronomac

I know I'm 2 1/2 years late to the party but...Banner Saga is really good. I don't play many games of its ilk, so I can't speak to how deep it is mechanically, but I love the presentation of the story, the animation style and the overall ambiance.

I think it is cool that we bitch about the sale now. It is the next stage of the relationship.

In a couple years we will have a short-lived affair with Origin.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It'll be disappointing if there's no meta anything for the Winter sale this year.

Maybe we're past sales events though.

In a couple years we will have a short-lived affair with Origin.

Looking forward to the next on-the-house game/Origin humble bundle.

Ditto uPlay.
I'm not proud.

Sarcasm

So was watching a Subnautica stream when a supposedly tester player or w/e that helps them entered to answer questions.

The multiplayer question popped up again. Far into the future they might do it but like Don't Starve Together (as in you got to buy it I believe which was what happened with DST right?). Would take a separate dev team and 6+ months to do.

donny2112

Got RotTR for 360 from BB, since it's finally on sale, so that means I can wait even longer to upgrade my PC. Was probably upper-middle 4 years ago, so barely playable with new stuff now. RotTR was the only thing I was anxiously eyeing that was remotely new, though. Now just have to figure out if Windows 10 is worth the trouble to upgrade to by the end of this month! :lol:

Lain

It'll be disappointing if there's no meta anything for the Winter sale this year.

Maybe we're past sales events though.

They went out with a bang the previous summer sale with the clicker game. They must have realized there was no way to top that and just gave up since.

Kuroyume

Banned
Has Valve put out a press release regarding the sale? I recall them usually putting one out revealing how many people purchased or visited the store during their sales.

what should i play tonight

south park stick of truth (got to the alien ship then kinda lost interest)
prison architect (going through the campaign and love it)
child of light (haven't started)
remember me (haven't started)
kingdoms of amalur (about 5 hours in, really like it surprisingly but starting to experience side quest burnout)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom