• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Reposting for new page: How's this?

This gives users the option to "not show again" aka it won't pop up every time ES updates. Most of the text here would be localized, except for the actual list of changes.

Looking good. Trying to push the update soon? I've been hoping for dat quick sell button fix.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure I "get" party hard. its like a slower hotline miami but you cant be seen and theres people everywhere, I can be sneaky with some kills but with rooms filled with people what are you supposed to do?

Not buying Transistor at this point should be a criminal offence.

Seriously. Aside from the last boss it's a damn good game.

i'm still on the fence. and not necessarily for the price (3,50 isn't exactly a small fortune), it's a matter of time. i didn't like bastion, spent 13 hours on it. the art and atmosphere was good, but the gameplay was extremely repetitive.

they seem to have nailed the art and atmosphere again in transistor (and on top of that i'm a HUGE cyberpunk fan), but bastion didn't leave a great impression on me.

This gives users the option to "not show again" aka it won't pop up every time ES updates. Most of the text here would be localized, except for the actual list of changes.

a little nitpicking but you misspelled " don't ". not a huge problem but i assume you want everything in tip top condition

iosefe

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Time to stress your GPU with this -- MB-0B08E8E094E94A75 - Taken by Dragon1893. 38 entrants total.

t1468539081z1.png

this is Crysis isn't it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looking good. Trying to push the update soon? I've been hoping for dat quick sell button fix.

That should be fixed in 8.7.2 (I just copied the changelog for that release for testing)

Ascheroth

Definitely the best of the three, although I'm not sure having the 'Don't Show Again' option in blue is such a good idea, since I think it makes it more prominent than the normal Close button.

Eila

That should be fixed in 8.7.2 (I just copied the changelog for that release for testing)

Oh, okay. I better try the fix on the steam group, then.
Edit: Yup, deleting cookies did the trick. I was just too lazy to do it earlier because you have to relog in all your accounts, lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ibn Saïd;209997462 said:
a little nitpicking but you misspelled " don't ". not a huge problem but i assume you want everything in tip top condition

Should have that fixed up by release, it's a byproduct of using Steam's built-in popup dialog menu rather than building my own from scratch.

Definitely the best of the three, although I'm not sure having the 'Don't Show Again' option in blue is such a good idea, since I think it makes it more prominent than the normal Close button.

Same as above - I can either have two options (Green / Grey) or three (Green / Blue / Grey). I might be able to tweak them after this pops though.

xist

Didn't realise that I already had it....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lovely Planet -- MB-48DC9330E329D581 - Taken by shockdude

Wok

ibn Saïd;210003300 said:
(potential) terrorist attack in nice, france :( poor victims

It is not potential anymore.

Goddamn humans suck. Hopefully its nothing too terrible.

At least 73 killed, and at least 50 injured. People were watching the fireworks for Bastille Day on the Promenade (large pavement) just next to the beach.

Xeteh

At least 30 killed, and at least 100 injured. People were watching the fireworks for Bastille Day on the Promenade (large pavement) just next to the beach.

Yeah, looking in to it. Its fucking disgusting. I feel awful for anyone who was there or knows someone who was. Its terrible.

r3n4ud

At least 30 killed, and at least 100 injured. People were watching the fireworks for Bastille Day on the Promenade (large pavement) just next to the beach.
Stay safe buddy and everyone else really. This world is not safe anymore :(

Wok

Stay safe buddy and everyone else really. This world is not safe anymore :(

I am safe, tonight in Paris, but I don't know yet about some of my colleagues who are in Nice or the smaller towns around. I don't know whether they went out for the fireworks, and if so, where.

Xeteh

I am safe, tonight in Paris, but I don't know yet about some of my colleagues who are in Nice or the smaller towns around. I don't know whether they went out for the fireworks, and if so, where.

Aw man, that is brutal... sorry, didn't realize you were French. I hope everyone's okay.

So, if it's okay and they're allowed to do this kind of practice, should they start making new games based off the popular big mods? I'm talking about Nehrim, Enderal, Falkreath, etc.

Obsidian doing a play through of their Tyranny E3 demo in a few minutes: http://player.twitch.tv/?channel=paradoxinteractive&html5

Where can I find the recorded version of it?

ibn Saïd;210003300 said:
(potential) terrorist attack in nice, france :( poor victims

What? Again?
RIP to the victims and stay safe for those who are currently in France.

Lomax

So, if it's okay and they're allowed to do this kind of practice, should they start making new games based off the popular big mods? I'm talking about Nehrim, Enderal, Falkreath, etc.

Valve has already allowed paid "mods" of their games to be released on Steam as separate entities, extending that to those total conversion mods of other games would be potentially great for everyone involved.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It looks great, but I would recommend that even for people who don't show again, you don't pop up every version. You iterate pretty quickly and I think most people find changelogs every month a nuisance even if they, more broadly, care about new features. Maybe every 2 substantive releases or something? I recognize that at least some of the value for the popup is the donation nudge so I wouldn't begrudge you that, of course.

I'm finally jumping into saints row 2 (played about 30 minutes). Any recommended mods? It seems like gentlemen of the row is a must. And apparently the game runs too fast on older windows older than xp (I did notice it seemed to be running a little too fast).

Anything that can help performance would be great since the PC I am running it is fairly old (still exceeds reccommended by a margin - nvidia 9600 gt)?

jshackles

It looks great, but I would recommend that even for people who don't show again, you don't pop up every version. You iterate pretty quickly and I think most people find changelogs every month a nuisance even if they, more broadly, care about new features. Maybe every 2 substantive releases or something? I recognize that at least some of the value for the popup is the donation nudge so I wouldn't begrudge you that, of course.

Well I'm certainly not doing it for the donation push, but based on user feedback and general attitudes I see from people I typically do get more donations around the time that new versions are released.

From a code standpoint this is a bit of a "hack" as I'm not using Chrome's official API for testing versions. As it is as the moment, the extension will write it's current version to the user's chrome.storage.sync and then check the currently running version against this value when loading a page on Steam. If the versions are different (ie your Chrome storage shows 8.7 but the currently running version is 8.8) it assumes you've updated and shows the dialog, before updating your chrome.storage value to the latest iteration. It's not perfect, but it appears to be working for the moment.

The upshot to this is that if it determines that the version in chrome.storage is empty, it can safely assume that Enhanced Steam is running for the first time - meaning I can build a "Thank you for installing Enhanced Steam" dialog, along with an optional "product tour" / "getting started" wizard which is something a lot of people have requested.

Although I may be able to further expand the functionality of the current "show update notices" true / false to eventually have something along the lines of "show me every x releases".

Again, a lot of this is based on user feedback I've received over the past few years, where most regular users don't follow the official channels and usually don't have a clue when new features are added.

Wok

Somehow, I cannot sleep. I have tried for 3 hours, and I have decided to get up, switch the computer on, read the news, and go through my Steam discovery queue. Either I will fall asleep while counting games (instead of sheep), or it will be dawn before I know it.

evolve is pretty decent, i played my first match since like almost around launch today. I was the monster, i was so gud the hunters rage quit. I still got it

Endruen

Somehow, I cannot sleep. I have tried for 3 hours, and I have decided to get up, switch the computer on, read the news, and go through my Steam discovery queue. Either I will fall asleep while counting games (instead of sheep), or it will be dawn before I know it.

I guess you're still nervous about the whole thing, I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Try to calm down as much as you can. You have our support.

Grief.exe

Oh damn

33BrhbN.png

This game is going to be similar to Factorio, an Early Access release that has already been in development for years and is an advanced state of polish and content already.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the fastest way of gaining EXP in Syndicate, Jase? Doing the challenges? Assassinating people? I've got the Notoriety Upgrade to where the gangs won't mess with me so I can get easy assassinations, but I need to get level 5 so I can get Stealth on Evie (and Jacob's melee upgrades) before I start to worry about gearing up from the default outfit stuff. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom