• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I should get UNIEL.

It's a fun game man. Really easy to get into. Only downside are trying to figure out a few of the mechanics in the beginning since there are no tutorials I the game. Aside from that, the gameplay flows well and pulling off nice combos are easier since things aren't so damn strict. I love it, but my wife won't let me play it because she hates the sound of my arcade stick.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's a fun game man. Really easy to get into. Only downside are trying to figure out a few of the mechanics in the beginning since there are no tutorials I the game. Aside from that, the gameplay flows well and pulling off nice combos are easier since things aren't so damn strict. I love it, but my wife won't let me play it because she hates the sound of my arcade stick.

This and this helps tho

video games are cool

bms0fjdn.jpg

FPS games are not.

VJYdbeW.png

Momentary

Banned
No Revelator for PC announcement ;_;

I think they've given up on PC.

They are probably not going to release it on PC until Baiken (or whoever the final DLC character will be) is released.

I would put money on it being released before the end of November on PC. I've NEVER been wrong about a Japanese release.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think they've given up on PC.

They are probably not going to release it on PC until Baiken (or whoever the final DLC character will be) is released.

I would out money on it being released before the end of November on PC. I've NEVER been wrong about a Japanese release.

This post is hilarious because I think it's serious.

Momentary

Banned
This post is hilarious because I think it's serious.

I haven't. Bayo found that out last time when he bet me about Xrd.

Why the fuck would they give up on PC when Sign sold 68,000 copies

and that's with the biggest discount being 33%

Averaging a new Steam release every 3 months or so, with occasional patches to fix major issues, large fanfare over them finally breaking through with Xrd -Sign-, and a release that just came out a few days ago would say otherwise.

They are done with PC bro. I promise.

But for real. You guys didn't read my post.

Most of the people here called me stupid for even thinking Xrd would come out last year. Or when I mentioned that Dishes would come they scoffed at the idea. This was before the whole leak thing happened.

Now I think it's hilarious when I joke about these same companies not releasing these games people get pissed. What a good time to be a PC gamer.

Uzzy

They are done with PC bro. I promise. I would put money on [Revelator] being released before the end of November on PC. I've NEVER been wrong about a Japanese release.

It's a fun game man. Really easy to get into. Only downside are trying to figure out a few of the mechanics in the beginning since there are no tutorials I the game. Aside from that, the gameplay flows well and pulling off nice combos are easier since things aren't so damn strict.

yeah the same thing happened to me , had to go read some wikis and watch a tutorial to understand some of the technical stuff

my wife won't let me play it because she hates the sound of my arcade stick.

get some silent parts for your stick, those work really well

Decado

I do, never had a problem. Your login info is simply stored in a local file.

So it isn't "sent" anywhere?

I must have a ton of cards as I have a pretty big backlog. Very tempted. Maybe collect them all and sell before the next big sale (can't say for sure, but prices seem to go up a bit at the beginning of a sale).

sadblob

So it isn't "sent" anywhere?

I must have a ton of cards as I have a pretty big backlog. Very tempted. Maybe collect them all and sell before the next big sale (can't say for sure, but prices seem to go up a bit at the beginning of a sale).

Exactly, it's open source so you can actually check it yourself.

I would say the best time to sell is right when the sale starts, or even a little before, cause after that everything plummets.

Momentary

Banned
yeah the same thing happened to me , had to go read some wikis and watch a tutorial to understand some of the technical stuff

get some silent parts for your stick, those work really well

I still don't think that will appear my wife until we move into our house next month. We're in a one bedroom apartment until then. I don't think silencers are going to cut it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As usual my airplane gaming was a little disappointing:
12 Labours of Hercules - Not bad at all in the sort of... mindless light adventure puzzle clickfest genre. I stalled out a bit when I realized that getting *** on each level is mostly about knowing the order to click and doing so very quickly. Basically an APM-fest. I'll definitely finish this though.

KNIGHTS - Actually kinda disappointed in this. I played through about the first half of the puzzles and it didn't really seem like there were any real mechanical design to the puzzle. Most puzzles are basically just about fidgeting around until stuff falls into place. It's a puzzle game with a reduce chessboard, some knight pieces, and you have to get from one square to another with some squares prohibiting movement. It just seems kinda trial and error driven.

The Westport Independent - Really cool concept but unlike Papers Please I never quite managed to feel a connection between the choices I made and what was happening in-game. Also the lack of time pressure really guts the game. I dunno, kinda a lot more bland than I expected.

Snakebird - I think it's an extremely good looking and feeling game, I'm just too stupid to solve this the way it wants to be solved the way it wants to be solved.

Tried to help you man:

I would have deleted Snake Bird from your library for you.

I actually did beat Puzzle Agent 1 (I called it a "good not great professor layton clone" in this 2010 post), possibly before there were achievements or possibly offline during a move. Puzzle Agent 2 won't launch on my Mac at this point :(

The Cave I played with my now-wife and a friend in 3 player on Xbox 360. While I acknowledge many of the limitations of the game, playing it in that setting made it very fun. I liked all the little vignette storytelling. I think this is actually one of the better executions of the Lost Vikings type formula, and I certainly liked it better than Trine 1.

Edge I played on mobile and enjoyed a lot at the time.

Mmh by the way, I took a look at some Japanese titles sales during the Summer sale. Some seems to be doing really good. Danganronpa 1+2 sold 100k so far, 60k for the first and 40k for the second. ZTD sold 15k for now, which sounds fair for a begining. Senran Kagura is close to 40k. Trails in the Sky SC is now close to 30k. Funnily, as opposed to some people's claim that the Trails FC success was an exception and the japanese craze on Steam was over, Trails FC sold more than 50k copies since SC release, putting it over 200k when it was at 145k on SC release. Disgaea is also over 80k now.

Basically, it's been a profitable plan for these companies to try their luck on Steam.

Accoun

So, been playing Morrowind recently. Started half a year ago and dropped after a while (still, it was surprisingly long. I usually drop it after 2-3 hours - this time I played until the Ashlanders). Saw a popular streamer playing it, realized that I never uninstalled the game and returned to it.

So, after a few days of basically continuous playing I slayed Dargoth Ur and... I think I had enough.
Even though this (two-part) playthrough was the first time it kinda clicked with me and I actually had fun, in the later parts I was kinda glad it's nearing the end. Maybe I should have bumped the difficulty up because the combat became too boring and too trivial* (and contrary to the popular opinion about the game, I personally don't mind the dice roll based combat in itself)? Maybe I should have been more creative with spellmaking and enchanting? Dunno, but at the end of it, I didn't even really want to read the ingame books, which I enjoyed before (although now that I think of it, I should probably blame myself for that one, because after returning to the game, I was often playing it while doing something else - like having the already mentioned stream or Evo in the background - and it being deconcentrating even if I wasn't focusing on it).

Maybe I'll leave it on my HDD and come back after some time again, because in the end I never did any Great Houses quests and did most of other factions instead. I have no idea how good they actually are, but I feel kinda guilty for not touching that part of the game.
Maybe.

*Never played enough of the rest of the TES games to confirm, but I think I remember reading similar criticisms about the other games as well.

Finally finished Pillars of Eternity yesterday. That final boss fight was quite a thing. The game doesn't really prepare you well for it. Took me about 5 attempts and a whole lot of running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid accidentally engaging the adds.

I'm not a stupid person. I know this.

But I am too stupid for Snakebird.

I love the idea of the game, looks great, great idea but even at lower levels it seems to take great pleasure in presenting seemingly simple levels but requiring incredibly convoluted solutions. It probably should have ramped the difficulty up a little slower.

Corpekata

Banned
Replaying Singularity. Many that is one Bioshock-ass Bioshock clone. I'd forgotten how much they lifted, even having to root around in garbage for loot and shit, one of the things you'd think would be nixed in a game that's a bit more of a straightforward shooter. Also one of the most glaring examples of audio diaries that don't make sense (usually) in the fiction of the world.

Replaying Singularity. Many that is one Bioshock-ass Bioshock clone. I'd forgotten how much they lifted, even having to root around in garbage for loot and shit, one of the things you'd think would be nixed in a game that's a bit more of a straightforward shooter. Also one of the most glaring examples of audio diaries that don't make sense (usually) in the fiction of the world.

The only Bioshock clone worth playing is right here.

Corpekata

Banned
I love how it's so easy to tell a game is a HoG just by the name and like a quick glance at a screenshot. Heck, don't even need the screen most of the time, just need like a banner image and to see the color pallete / character designs, it's always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom