• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decado

Exactly, it's open source so you can actually check it yourself.

I would say the best time to sell is right when the sale starts, or even a little before, cause after that everything plummets.
Trying this out but I think it is slow enough one might be paying more for electricity than you'd get back in card sales.

Corpekata

Banned
Trying this out but I think it is slow enough one might be paying more for electricity than you'd get back in card sales.

If you're just using the computer for idling, most likely. The idea is more to use it when you're on your PC anyway but maybe aren't playing a Steam game.

Hmm. Any of these "Developer Alliance" bundles worth 'completing' while on sale? (or more properly it seems that many of the games within them are on sale, and the discounts stack)

Developer Alliance Pack 2
Platformer Bundle
Fun with Physics Bundle
Puzzle Bundle
The Big One

EDIT: grabbed the Developer Alliance Pack 2

Rolling Sun is a decent marble roller. The levels are long, like really long and the perspective can make some stuff more difficult than it needs to be but decent like I said.

Ozium

I need a game I can sink my teeth into

not sure whether to start up Satellite Reign or not with Abzu and Obduction around the corner

Monooboe

Finally finished Pillars of Eternity yesterday. That final boss fight was quite a thing. The game doesn't really prepare you well for it. Took me about 5 attempts and a whole lot of running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid accidentally engaging the adds.

Ah yeah I remember finishing the final boss with my character just alive and with something like 5% health left, think it took something like five attempts also. I still think there is a secret to PoE combat that I never figured out, so I ended up playing through the expansions on the easiest setting.XD

I was mostly interested in Airscape and then Particle Mace so if anything else is good that's a bonus.

I seem to remember the first Developer Alliance bundle was pretty popular here.

I should mention, I got most of the games in the mentioned bundle for free, Rolling Sun, Polarity Shift, Particle Mace etc... Someone friended me ages ago involved in the company and routinely sends me keys. So buy all the games! Or don't.

Ah yeah I remember finishing the final boss with my character just alive and with something like 5% health left, think it took something like five attempts also. I still think there is a secret to PoE combat that I never figured out, so I ended up playing through the expansions on the easiest setting.XD

final battle:
Eventually I worked out that Eder needed to be tanking everything at once at the start while Durance healed/buffed and debuffed. Once Thaos went down for the first time Kana had done enough singing to start dropping summons everywhere so I was able to spilt off the two stautes and deal with them one on one. Eder, my wolf comp and Durance died before the end in the final stage, but got it done.

377160_20160718011537opk0o.png
377160_201607180118027vjxx.png
377160_20160718011910cwj18.png
377160_20160718011930eaksq.png

practically get the same performance with these mods as i do in the vanilla version...

Teeth

Gameplay kinda looks like Dragon Age Origins.

The combat is real time with pause and I was like, why not?

I bought it in the last summer sale, it was $2 ish I think.

This is relevant to my interests; I literally got this game years ago (for cheap) specifically because it looked like DA:O.

Please elaborate on your experience, there's barely anything that's been said on the game and I'm curious if it may still be worth my time.

Arthea

I've finished with Swapperoo (100%-ed), I can't praise this game enough, it probably will end up in my GOTY list, it's that good, everything feels just right: levels are not too long, mechanics are plentiful, challenges are not frustrating, length is almost perfect (took me 14 hours to 100% and try everything), only the total score leaderboards absent is missed opportunity.

I've just read the Doll Knight series in Trails SC.
Now I want a sequel... to a fictional novel inside a game. Well done, Falcom.

I know, right!
Trails team is amazing

Knurek

Same here, only I had to resort to save-editing my game and giving my PC 70 Might and Constitution just to be able to survive the final fight.
Started White March recently, and first thing I did was to set the game to Story Mode difficulty.

practically get the same performance with these mods as i do in the vanilla version...

What mods? Flora overhaul?

This is relevant to my interests; I literally got this game years ago (for cheap) specifically because it looked like DA:O.

Please elaborate on your experience, there's barely anything that's been said on the game and I'm curious if it may still be worth my time.

The 'pause' system is not really a pause, it just slowdowns the time so I can choose the controlled character's action appropriately. However, it doesn't give that much time as the game is not actually paused. Especially when I have more than 1 character to control, I can barely choose the actions for everyone. As to why it's so important to have actual pause, there's this intercept system in the game. So if there's an icon above an enemy's head, I have to use the appropriate cancel skill to intercept that special attack. There's also action queue (3 max) which is quite different with DA Origins. My major disappointment is not the rtwp though, it's the FOV. The damn FOV in exploration is too close for my taste. The RPG elements also seem pretty barebones. In overall, it's pretty janky. I've only spent like 100 minutes so I can't judge higher level and next chapters' gameplay.

Wok

Snakebird - I think it's an extremely good looking and feeling game, I'm just too stupid to solve this the way it wants to be solved the way it wants to be solved.

If it were not that expensive, Stephen's Sausage Roll would have been a better pick.

Ludens

Banned
Help, my Steam is possessed. I was playing Pony Island, I saw a message from DerExpert in italian, but there are no messages he sent me!
But I saw that chat notificiation, he also replied "lol", but I can't see other messages :\

MUnited83

For you.
Help, my Steam is possessed. I was playing Pony Island, I saw a message from DerExpert in italian, but there are no messages he sent me!
But I saw that chat notificiation, he also replied "lol", but I can't see other messages :\

You've been Pony Islanded.

MUnited83

For you.
I see similar pictures like that a lot, but I don't understand them. If there's a situation that required a fire weapon, surely you'd walk around prepared and vigilant, right?

Like this:

instead of
The perspective and positioning is all wrong. That's the entire point of the picture lol, not that it has the gun at the ready.

No wait, is this some kind of trick of the game? Because I quitted the game and I received a message to apologize with my friend :|

So the game goes to your steam profile and checks your friends list?

That's almost as cool as when Psycho Mantis reads your memory card.
Yep!

kurahador

Stranger Things casts featuring most new faces made their characterization works really well, especially the kids --- something Super 8 failed at.
They are the reason I managed to tolerate Winona Ryder overacting in this.

ExoSoul

Banned
I see similar pictures like that a lot, but I don't understand them. If there's a situation that required a fire weapon, surely you'd walk around prepared and vigilant, right?

Like this:

instead of

I'll make it simple for you:
You're right but so is he, you're right in the way people would hold it but then the scope or sight would be in front of you, not your fist.

Replaying Singularity. Many that is one Bioshock-ass Bioshock clone. I'd forgotten how much they lifted, even having to root around in garbage for loot and shit, one of the things you'd think would be nixed in a game that's a bit more of a straightforward shooter. Also one of the most glaring examples of audio diaries that don't make sense (usually) in the fiction of the world.

True but Bioshock is also a Singularity clone. There are some details as to how this happen that I'm not sure about. Both games were in long torturous development. At some point around 2004 just before Irrational Games was bought by 2K, there was a sharing of ideas between Raven and Irrational. Maybe Activision was thinking about buying Irrational and having them work with Raven. I just don't know. I do know before that, Bioshock was more like Singularity and Singularity was more like Bioshock. When Bioshock was released, it was one of the factors, along with development problems that lead to Singularity's cancellation just after its first announcement. The only thing they did steal from Bioshock after the game was released was the audio logs.When Raven gave the game to a different internal team to save it, that was the only way they could save the story and still ship it with the 10 month crunch window they were given.

Looks like Indie Gala dropped the traditional Monday Bundle in favor of a new tier bundle called Monday Motivation.

There are a few games i want there. Hmmm due to "suspicious activity on my account," I'm not allowed to use a credit card nor pay pal. Ahhhh... that's limiting. So how long would it wat to bit mind $2.50?

Looks like Indie Gala dropped the traditional Monday Bundle in favor of a new tier bundle called Monday Motivation.

They've been in cooperation with Capsule for a while and usually pretty shitty. About time this did something more interesting with their Monday bundles.

I shall watch
Stranger things

Watched the first episode on the weekend. Liked it, loved the titles! Been watching Soul Mates season 1 in preparation for season 2 next month. Don't know if it is shown outside of Australia on netflix, but all should watch it.

I shall watch
Stranger things

I binge-watched 3 episodes yesterday, after steamgaf recommended it.

It's great so far, although
it seems quite heavily inspired by Super 8. Yes, I understand it's a Spielberg homage, but I hope the plot doesn't become too predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom