• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

That news about a mini NES with 30 games is so epic. Most genuine thing Nintendo has done in a very long time. I think I might have to pick it up. Just hard to pass up on such a delicious little nugget.

Do not buy MKX on Steam, is not a very good port, the netcode is terrible and some of the newest characters arent available in that version

What if the game is cheap on sale and you only want to play the singleplayer story?

Still not worth it?

What if the game is cheap on sale and you only want to play the singleplayer story?

Still not worth it?
probably not.
I have the previous NRS PC ports (MK9 & Injustice).

MK9 runs fine, but Injustice has constant hitching no matter how low I have the settings, MKX is apparently even worse.

Ascheroth

You kids really need to stop being grumpy@_@

I mean stop wasing braincells on frikkin sega games
WHERE IS MY XANADU NEXT, FALCOM?!
THIS EMPTYNESS IN MY SOUL NEEDS TO BE FILLED

Listen to this man, he knows what's important.
If the last two ports are any indication, there will be a new Sega port in November and that's still way off.

I think both Xanadu Next and LKS are coming this summer.

Yep.

Anteater

video games are cool

bms0fjdn.jpg

doomcsjfs.jpg

mx2q8jgs.jpg

Ludens

Banned
I created three giveaways (spare Digital Homicide games) for Galagiveaway, and the giveaway disappeared, they are not under my created giveaways anymore. I don't think they got deleted, since the site is full of garbage games from Gleam.io, but the fact is I lost those three keys. Yeah, they were crappy games, but they were games I could give away anyway.

Do not buy MKX on Steam, is not a very good port, the netcode is terrible and some of the newest characters arent available in that version

Yea I was making a bad joke about how MKXL isn't on Steam. Doubt I'll ever buy a new copy of a NRS/WB game after that fiasco. Ed Boon is human garbage.

Tizoc

OK this is weird my new laptop has lately been forcing GOG Galaxy and Steam client to activate while in the background without my knowledge on start up o_O

illusionary

I think that War For the Overworld has finally hit the right price for me - it's today's featured game over at chrono.gg. 75% off makes it $7.50.. being UK-based. that's not quite as good a price for me as it should be, given the state of Sterling's exchange rates right now, but sub-£6 is still a very decent price.

illusionary

Is there something I should do before updating to Windows 10? Like a backup or something?

The installer should set a roll-back point in case of any issues and from what I've seen the upgrade is generally fairly painless, but it can't hurt at least to take an external backup of any important documents. If you can readily do a full system backup by all means do so, but I wouldn't worry too much about it going wrong.

Man, finally getting into the late game chapters of Danganronpa 2, after finishing Danganronpa 1.

And after thinking that the Hangman game was the most boring, but at least harmless and quick, of all the minigames in the first game, I can't believe they double downed on it and made it even more tedious and boring in the sequel.

Why Chunsoft? WHY?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man, finally getting into the late game chapters of Danganronpa 2, after finishing Danganronpa 1.

And after thinking that the Hangman game was the most boring, but at least harmless and quick, of all the minigames in the first game, I can't believe they double downed on it and made it even more tedious and boring in the sequel.

Why Chunsoft? WHY?
Dangan1>2 overall IMO

Dangan1>2 overall IMO

Yeah, I tend to agree so far.

Too much attention is being given to a certain character.

On the one hand it makes sense since he is the most different compared to the cast of the first game, but on the other it definitely seems to come at the expense of the development and characterization of other characters.

The first game also had a bit of favoritism towards kyro../kiri..(kirigiri?) - pink haired girl, but never to this degree.

Uzzy

Get your dakimakura ready, it's time for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator at EVO. Watch it here and hope the anime gods port it to PC soon.

Parsnip

Started and finished Inside. Game 14 of this year.
It's pretty cool, but maybe not $20 cool. More like $15 cool.
You were the blob all along.

Is there something I should do before updating to Windows 10? Like a backup or something?
A blood sacrifice in Phil Spencer's name.

illusionary

Just played through the first campaign mission in War for the Overworld - yep, this feels suitably Dungeon Keeper to me. Hopefully the rest of the game will play hold up in the same way.

Finished Risen 3. I don't think it had an ending? Anyways, terrible game. Even Dragon Age: Inquisition has more going on than Risen 3, although they're both equally broken, malformed games when taken as a whole.

Looking beyond all of R3's mechanical problems, its single biggest issue is a complete lack of consequence. Combat is bland and straightforward, with no variation of any kind (outside of the occasional spell); exploration is a mere dispensory of meaningless loot or XP; level-up progression is an adventure in maintaining the status quo; and the acting is mediocre, while the story/writing feel like they belong in a different game. All of this manifests in an open world where you progression through a linear path of half a dozen things to do and accomplish only what you are told. It is essentially a sandbox that you spend your entire time emptying rather than playing around in.

Risen 2 felt like it had the potential to be something more. Risen 3, meanwhile, just feels like an obligation.

An open world devoid of purpose; a myriad of half-conceptualised ideas and mechanics; a painfully dull and straightforward script and acting--all this and nothing else awaits in Risen 3 - Titan Lords.
buy me a copy and we'll see :V

Here's a Sonic Boom longplay instead. Cheaper for both of us.

Achieved on CryEngine.
Just played through the first campaign mission in War for the Overworld - yep, this feels suitably Dungeon Keeper to me. Hopefully the rest of the game will play hold up in the same way.
Curious to hear your thoughts as you progress.

I was super interested in WftO as a DK successor but ended up refunding it. Was a bit of a weird thing where it didn't feel faithful enough to DK but also not enough of its own thing. It just kinda felt... wrong. (I suppose I should go back and actually play DK1/2 to find out how faithful I actually wanted it to be. Maybe some day.)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm not a stupid person. I know this.

But I am too stupid for Snakebird.

Tried to help you man:

Botanicula - will play great with just your touch pad, not an overly demanding adventure game that is ridiculously cute.
Edge - I think it's playable on arrow keys? Solid puzzle type game to play in short bursts.
Eufloria HD - fine with touch pad, very peaceful. Might help if you have a crying baby in the row behind you.
Gemini Rue - good fit for your requirements. Not the best adventure game, but I liked the story enough to finish it.
Puzzle Agent 1/2 - you will probably find the puzzles easy because you are real smart, but you didn't beat either one yet so maybe you aren't?
Puzzle Dimension - should be okay on the arrow keys? Gets hella trippy a couple worlds in.
Spacebase DF9 - I would be interested in reading your thoughts on this project.
The Cave - arrow key friendly. It grew on me after a replay and while I think Ron Gilbert acts like a tool he deserves some credit.
The Dig - the only Lucasarts adventure game I beat besides the Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango. I loved the story and aesthetic but the puzzles are pure bullshit.
Toki Tori 2 - I've heard good things and the little I played seemed like it would be fine on arrow keys.

Hope this helps. PS give me access to your Steam account and I will help you clean up your games list a bit.

I would have deleted Snake Bird from your library for you.

Beat FEAR 2. Have to do the DLC and then on to 3.

The game was so bloated.

The DLC for FEAR 2 is pretty fun, though rather short.

As for FEAR 3, I don't know if it exist, and I couldn't find anything back when I played it myself, but I would strongly recommend trying to find a way to turn off the high-score / pseudo-achievement popups that the game constantly throws at you. You can't take five steps without the game telling you that you are X head-shots / ammo-pickups / kills with weapon Z / seconds spent in slow-mo from getting yet another score bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom