• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Jasec,

If you ever get tired of your profile picture I got the perfect alternative.
TealOnTheRocks.jpg

What Does God Think About Sex? Episode About Spiritual Sex - Teal Swan

I have no idea what she is or what she says but she is mesmorizing. I can probably sleep to that.

Personally, not a fan of tattoos.

Wow, playfire pulled some BS with the PROTOTYPE 2 achievements. I've spent a lot of time with the game, have 55% completion, and still don't have a single one of the 3 they put up. o_O

--

Nabs, I couldn't get shadowplay to record my desktop, even though I enabled it... so still no sine mora footage.

Pupo

Really? Since when?

I remembered doing it last year too, but the key could still be activated by a friend of mine, even though I already had the Game.

I don't know, i don't understand a shit (?)
Btw can you try to give the key to a friend? don't worry about me (?)

PD: sorry for mah inglish

HoosTrax

Wow, playfire pulled some BS with the PROTOTYPE 2 achievements. I've spent a lot of time with the game, have 55% completion, and still don't have a single one of the 3 they put up. o_O

--

Nabs, I couldn't get shadowplay to record my desktop, even though I enabled it... so still no sine mora footage.
Maybe they're getting more stringent with them.

Trying to imagine how much they would have had to pay out if they had added rewards for Sniper Elite V2. I think at last count, they were nearing 3 million free downloads. Probably would have bankrupted them right then and there. Or they would have run into "technical issues" and ended up paying no one, like with Tropico 5.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Syberia II impressions:

Having won this game from a gaffer here, who asked me to thank him in a PM and not in the thread, so thanks whoever you are) here's how it went down.

First impressions - right at the main menu was a button called "Syberia Recap" which basically outlined the story of the previous game in a cutscene. Perfect for someone who hadn't played the original. The story itself is charming, well thought out, and does contain lots of obvious foreshadowing so I can't really say it was "predictable" so much as a predestined journey that you get to enjoy along with the writers.

In the event you haven't played Syberia I, it's a pity you haven't Syberia I is the stronger of the games in terms of characterization--we hear a little bit more about Kate and what's going on in her life against the game. I do like the environments in the second game a little better.

In the event you haven't played Syberia I, it's a pity you haven't Syberia I is the stronger of the games in terms of characterization--we hear a little bit more about Kate and what's going on in her life against the game. I do like the environments in the second game a little better.

I haven't, sadly. But the Steam Sale is a-comin'.

--

You can get one of them as soon as you reach red zone, but yeah, they're all pretty much endgame achievements. If you haven't got the experience boost early on, odds are you won't get the fully upgraded achievement unless you put in some serious grinding.

Anyone else having an issue getting a Murdered Soul Suspect key from the amd promotion got my Thief key already but havent got my soul suspect key yet even some on the steam forums have :(

StAidan

Got the three achievements for 1001 spikes. Feels good.

Buy this game, it is amazing.

I thought about holding out for a bigger discount, but ended up getting it anyway. Not very far into it yet (2-4 or 2-5 I think?), but it's definitely one of the better games I've played this year. Hits all the right nostalgia vibes and it's polished to a fine shine, too.

FauX

Just a little question about SSFIV AE:

I still have a GFWL key from Steam, will it still work if I give it away?

If so, would you like a ModBot giveaway or a MS Paint giveaway?

Well, if that's ok for the rest of you, I suppose there is no problem. I personally would never enter a DLC giveaway for a game that I didn't own

I personally wouldn't either.

Got the three achievements for 1001 spikes. Feels good.

Buy this game, it is amazing.

How hard were they?

Street Fighter and DMC ones were pretty easy.

Sir, you do us all a disservice with your improper capitalization. But yes, the DmC ones are easy.
SSFIVAE just takes grinding... I have something like 18 online matches done and I'll probably put in some time later.

You can get one of them as soon as you reach red zone, but yeah, they're all pretty much endgame achievements. If you haven't got the experience boost early on, odds are you won't get the fully upgraded achievement unless you put in some serious grinding.

All Growed Up is a pain in the ass to grind, best to finish it up in NG+

Looks like Humble Store is having a secret flash sale. Nothing too exciting, but...

- Wanderlust: Rebirth - $1.99
- Democracy 3: Social Enginering (DLC) - $2.49
- Democracy 3: Extremism (DLC) - $2.49
- Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - $7.49
- Tango Fiesta (Early Access Game) - 9.74
- UFHO2 (Greenlight, but Steam key is promised) - $4.99

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

KarmaCow

So how will the USF4 upgrade system work? I'm thinking of picking up the base game from gamefly but it's entirely dependent on how much it will cost to upgrade and what happens in regards to costume packs.

Cth

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of communication.. following my post from yesterday, I'm in the middle of some serious personal problems (read: unexpected separation/divorce). I don't want to drag the thread down, so any follow up on that, please PM rather than derail the thread.

Yes, I was planning on getting the game at the summer sale, and honestly didn't expect to win. With my luck my laptop won't be able to run it anyways. I'm so sorry. With the way my luck has been I didn't think I'd win.

I apologize to Sub Zero who generously donated the DLC, and everyone who wanted the DLC and didn't win. I have no problem with Sub Zero nuking it (again!) (i feel beyond awful at the moment) if he's willing to do so.

Again sorry. Logging off now. Sorry.

dot

Just a little question about SSFIV AE:

I still have a GFWL key from Steam, will it still work if I give it away?

If so, would you like a ModBot giveaway or a MS Paint giveaway?

It should still work.

I say Modbot, since i'm not feeling too creative today. >_>

NIN90

Anyone know a program that lets me disable the Windows key on a per application basis or for all fullscreen applications? I keep hitting it in CS:GO but I'd like to retain its behavior while navigating Windows.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of communication.. following my post from yesterday, I'm in the middle of some serious personal problems (read: unexpected separation/divorce). I don't want to drag the thread down, so any follow up on that, please PM rather than derail the thread.

Yes, I was planning on getting the game at the summer sale, and honestly didn't expect to win. With my luck my laptop won't be able to run it anyways. I'm so sorry. With the way my luck has been I didn't think I'd win.

I apologize to Sub Zero who generously donated the DLC, and everyone who wanted the DLC and didn't win. I have no problem with Sub Zero nuking it (again!) (i feel beyond awful at the moment) if he's willing to do so.

You really don't need to apologize for this. If you intend to buy the game shortly, no one is going to begrudge you winning the DLC. Just don't re-sell it or otherwise do jerk stuff, but you already know that.

dot

Does Injustice have a beefy single player campaing like MK9?

Yes. It took me 4 hours to beat the story mode on consoles.

if you're talking about the other single player stuff there are 300 or so challenge missions like previously mentioned.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hi guys,

No need to apologize or feel awful. I created this giveaway to thank members who have given a fair amount of games (that's why I added the mega-giver restriction). You seem like a very nice guy and I am really glad that it ended up in your hands. I just felt a bit curious after checking your profile and not seeing Dark Souls II there (sorry for spying but I have a reason for doing so)

Anyway, If you indeed plan to pick up and play the game next month I have no problem with letting you claim the DLC. If you feel that someone else should claim it, then I'll do another giveaway

It was my fault for calling you out publicly and I should have PMed you first to ask about it, so I am really sorry if I made you feel uneasy.
You didn't do anything wrong

Lomax

So the easy moddability and tons of outfits mods out there are keeping me pretty entertained in Street Fighter in spite of the fact that I'm terrible at it and the d-pad on my rumblepad has died and I'm stuck using one of the analogue sticks, which makes me even worse at it. The online seems pretty solid as well, certainly a lot better than MK9. Really wish it had as appealing of a single player as MK9 does though, I'm sure I'll lose interest once the novelty
of playing dress-up with Chun-li
wears off.

FauX

It's decided then. It will be a modbot giveaway and short raffle. I don't like making people wait too much.
If someone is interested wait for 10 min. Since the key is saved in a notepad. I will post it very soon guys. I hope it works!

Edit. BTW I'm on my phone and I need to start my laptop.

Did anyone else get extra card drops for Aerena? I got all 4 of my drops a while back and earlier today I noticed my badge page said I had 2 remaining. When I checked my booster pack eligibaility list, to make sure that I actually did use all my drops, Aerena was listed.

???

Steam Support is helpful as usual!

(regarding the copy of Injustice I bought but didn't show up in my inventory)

I guess they gotta make sure people aren't making any mistakes before getting in contact with support. I can only imagine how many inquires they get in a day.

"when HL3?"
"how do I activate Battlefield 3?"
"My game doesn't work, help?"

Lomax

Did anyone else get extra card drops for Aerena? I got all 4 of my drops a while back and earlier today I noticed my badge page said I had 2 remaining. When I checked my booster pack eligibaility list, to make sure that I actually did use all my drops, Aerena was listed.

???

From what it seems, they added 2 drops for everyone, because everyone who got the game after launch hadn't gotten any.

Lain

I'm glad I've never had to hit Steam support so far, because I know the day I'll need to it'll make me hate life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom