• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the longest time I was seeing "IRISHPHONE" ...

I have to agree with Punished, I think that there's more interest in seeing Platinum released on PC than Metal Gear titles.

Even though people love Platinum titles, I'd say that Metal Gear games are a lot more known and loved.

derExperte

posting this on the new page to see if anyone can help

https://steamdb.info/app/301640/subs/

I don't see any activation locks (click on the SubIDs).

update on our quest to world domination!
http://www.metagamerscore.com/most_score_crew
we are #6 in the world now. We can't beat #1, I'm not sure even rest of the world can, but we still can get higher! Thanks to all that joined btw, and you guys do play games! Who would have thought? (><)

edited: I believe scores still are updating, so we might end up higher than 6

Yay. I'm number 3. And Stallion's stats are mighty impressive, need to get on his level.

Chariot

This game, this game. Nightmares for days. Urobuchi Gen is a madman.
I don't know. He is pretty dark. But in terms of madness he got nothing against Anno or Shinbou. Their heads are filled with demons and rainbows. A good part of the creative part of the anime industry is made of men who are borderline insane.

I'd say you're wrong. But then I watched Aldnoah Zero.
He stopped there half way in to the first season. And I can't even find IF the second season has a writer of if the just create the story with a random generator.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
y'all should be ashamed of yourselves

_hekk05

Banned
that's because they're not steamgaf references ... they're animu references
(I think ... I wouldn't know)

The milamber head is a given, the alpaca is from the great steam alpacalypse, the hand tearing the condom package and the hand pointing to the pregnancy test are internet exploitables, the little girl holding the lewd sign is from a scene from puchimas, a chibi spinoff from iDOLM@STER, the penis riding the chariot is from Shin Megami Tensei, and the pidgeon is from Hatoful Boyfriend (an actual steam reference!!!)

why do I even know these

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The milamber head is a given, the alpaca is from the great steam alpacalypse, the hand tearing the condom package and the hand pointing to the pregnancy test are internet exploitables, the little girl holding the lewd sign is from a scene from puchimas, a chibi spinoff from iDOLM@STER, the penis riding the chariot is from Shin Megami Tensei, and the pidgeon is from Hatoful Boyfriend (an actual steam reference!!!)

why do I even know these

Actually three games, two anime, one anime related meme and Milamber.

soooo ... I was like 95% right then ;)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i3fPECPYpOOOx.gif

I can't believe I sat up til 7AM making this scene in RenPy.

Arthea

Yay. I'm number 3. And Stallion's stats are mighty impressive, need to get on his level.

I actually changed my mind about catching you, steam lied to me, it made it look doable, when it is not!

As for Stallion, that's how I noticed and remembered him "that guy who 100% games I wouldn't even if my life depended on it" (><)
It's a pity he doesn't post his games and cheevos impressions anymore, but seeing last several pages, I can understand why.

Sarcasm

Thanks!

You know what I want? Categorical wishlists or multiple wishlists.

Some games I just throw on and some I do really want type of thing.

Majukun

Yea so...

New steam controller, Steam machines and Steam link releasing in November. And the VR headset is releasing in holiday 2015 (which could also fall into November).

I seriously doubt Valve would greenlight all these things and not release a game with them.

E3 hype. Valve has to announce something. They can't disappoint people. They just can't.

still trying to figure out what the target audience for those steam machines is supposed to be...they are too pricey for people who like consoles and not powerful enough for people who want a "pc experience",especially since you can get a much better pc with that money

Maniac

Banned
It's weird to me that people are so excited for Source 2 without really knowing what it is. Valve has been iterating on the original Source engine for years and I'm not entirely sure what a new version will immediately bring. My guess is not a heck of a lot for now.

That said, it's definitely good news for devs out there, which should translate into good stuff for us.

There are a few big'uns that Source hasn't had the capabilities for. Asset streaming, large-scale maps free of loading screens, an easier production pipeline for asset creation & preview, a new hammer... And purdy graphics!
I can think of the same argument with hentai, erotic games. ;D

"Why yes, I would love to stain my boxers with my own cum, thank you."

Better than staining them with someone elses cum, surely.

sprinkles

I don't know. He is pretty dark. But in terms of madness he got nothing against Anno or Shinbou. Their heads are filled with demons and rainbows. A good part of the creative part of the anime industry is made of men who are borderline insane.
Shinbou working together with Gen produced some mind bending stuff as well! I don't like the recent output from SHAFT that much though.

He stopped there half way in to the first season. And I can't even find IF the second season has a writer of if the just create the story with a random generator.
Season 1 ended in such a great place that I had my fears for the second one. Fears that proved correct sadly.

Arthea

It's taking days to add my steam games, please fix it Arthea. You sent us there after all.

Actually if you are very eager, you can add to top of your scanning queue 5 games each day, manually. I forgot to mention that.

What happened to us?
community happened
it has nothing to do with community, tho, usual stuff, some people don't know when to stop, others when to stop quoting ;)

also could you please leave Konata out of this?

Arthea

on gog insomnia sale:
fresh: Kentucky Route Zero Season Pass -60%
that's tempting... but I'll wait until it's finished.

edited: it's cheapest it has been until now, I think

_hekk05

Banned
corrosivefrost got banned, he would have knocked some sense into our heads.

I think he said something about gaf moderation being inconsistent or something like that.

Something to do with disagreeing with a mod or something. I forgot

RIP frost. He made great cop bait in Payday 2

Better load times and or asset streaming is one of the things Source 2 better do.

It will. People found it in the Workshop Tools.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZNEXw0_KJHe9aSnPn4ioSvTmeENKuxRl0DnxZcy_5M/edit

Code:
CHelpEntry
    {
    string m_Id = "Attribute.point_levelstream.load_radius"
    string m_FriendlyName = "Distance at which target level should stream in"
    string m_TooltipOverride = ""
    string m_HelpText = "If the player is closer than this to point_levelseam, start async loading of the target level."
    },
    CHelpEntry
    {
    string m_Id = "Attribute.point_levelstream.unload_radius"
    string m_FriendlyName = "Distance after which target level should stream out"
    string m_TooltipOverride = ""
    string m_HelpText = "If the player is farther from the point_levelseam than this then target level will unload."
    },

Hnnng, i'm now 100% in love with source 2, GOODBYE LOADING SCREENS!

on gog insomnia sale:
fresh: Kentucky Route Zero Season Pass -60%
that's tempting... but I'll wait until it's finished.

edited: it's cheapest it has been until now, I think
Don't wait, it's fucking amazing. And it's 2.5 dollars cheaper than its steam sale nearly a month ago.

Maniac

Banned
still trying to figure out what the target audience for those steam machines is supposed to be...they are too pricey for people who like consoles and not powerful enough for people who want a "pc experience",especially since you can get a much better pc with that money

Probably for the people that already buy pre-built stuff, only this is slightly better in quite a few ways... So I guess that's a use-case scenario. I myself would love a cheap streaming Steam-machine. Could be gooooood.

Arthea

Don't wait, it's fucking amazing. And it's 2.5 dollars cheaper than its steam sale nearly a month ago.

I won't be playing it now, I need to finish something like 100 games, that was my this years resolution, so it kinda doesn't make sense buying now, only your, Jasec's and zky's raving how great it is, makes it hard, yes :)

Probably for the people that already buy pre-built stuff, only this is slightly better in quite a few ways... So I guess that's a use-case scenario. I myself would love a cheap streaming Steam-machine. Could be gooooood.

I don't see how it is better, actually
and ya, I don't see target audience for this since day one, I voiced it quite a few times too.

I'm more interested in the Steam Link than the Machines.
The problem is, i'm not too confident with my internet's wifi capabilities. I wonder if it supports LAN cables to stream games from my PC?

rtcn63

I'm more interested in the Steam Link than the Machines.
The problem is, i'm not too confident with my internet's wifi capabilities. I wonder if it supports LAN cables to stream games from my PC?

It does appear to have an ethernet port. (In the mockup)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just finished Burial At Sea Episode 2 which gave me this 50x50 icon of joy.
Great stuff.
Terribly sad ending, though. :(
Missed one audiolog. Grrr.

1998 Mode was suprisingly easy. Mostly thanks to using Peeping Tom. It's incredibly overpowered. Simply turn invisible when in trouble.
Got the upgrade to do that without consuming eve ten minutes after receiving the plasmid, so.... yeah.
Not that i'm complaining. I love it, but i'm quite terrible at stealth. :p

That's that. Time to go back to Dragon Age: Inquisition and continue tormenting my brain with The Talos Principle.

I didn't think it was possible, but Squishy The Suicidal Pig made me love selling Steamcards even more. The game costs 0.14 and the cards i've received from it have a value of 0.22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom