• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drama, drama all the time.

People hating each other silently or open.

Damn, I feel like in school again. Grow up people.

There will never be an instance where anyone will be universally liked.

There will always be people who rub you wrong or you rub wrong.
-
Anyway, I am going for the Ancient Dragon in DS2 since even 4 Giant Souls were not enough for me to deal with Vendrick.

Still gets not that much damage as I would like. To lengthy fight that way.

zkylon

zkylewd
IceMan[Trader]: Hi man, i want trade with you.
My offer on screen - /http:/picturesgood.com/IMG_02112014
Check this, and message me if you want. Thank you, bro!

i trusted u iceman trader ;_;

I haven't watched a single minute of kill la kill and have no idea what it's about, but I do like Ping Pong Circulate.
u should watch all minutes of it! it's great!

and yea ping pong ping pong ping pong ping pong ping pong circulate~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zAMJXZnJoY

One of the few anime I really liked, might watch it again soon.
yea i feel like i need a new rewatch

usually when i watch anime i know i'm already gonna like it but dang kill la kill blew me away

L.O.R.D

fusoye.png

thanks
i am gonna take this

-
Anyway, I am going for the Ancient Dragon in DS2 since even 4 Giant Souls were not enough for me to deal with Vendrick.

The Ancient Dragon is a fight i never had the patience to do. Feels like a rhythm game. I do admire people who do it though :p

my bad

Vendrick is crazy easy, just circle him and stay on his hip. You can easily avoid his attacks. Takes some time, but it's not difficult.

Dsyndrome

-

Get somebody to agro the dragon while you chuck range spells at it. Pretty easy to step out of the range of its instakill fire.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Splinter Cell Conviction got removed but the Deluxe Edition is still available?

Not sure if I want to pick this up before it gets removed completely or not. I really have come to loathe Ubisoft games on PC (but, coincidentally, love them on consoles)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
probably because their games have MUCH higher chance of working on consoles ... also - no udontplay

The console version has Uplay but it "remembers" the account that's linked (at least on Playstation). So for example I played Far Cry 4 on PS4 and "signed in" (once) with my Uplay account details and everything was cool. I was able to earn achievements on PSN and I really enjoyed the game.

So much so that I got a used PS3 and a copy of Far Cry 3. Signed in to PSN, booted up the game, and didn't even have to sign in to Uplay because it remembered me. I even booted up Assassin's Creed Unity on the PS4 and still no Uplay DRM shenanigans.

I wish it worked that way on Steam/PC. I guess my main gripe is that most (all?) Uplay games don't have Steam achievements. It also has an uncanny knack of deleting save files. I had my PC FC3 save deleted by Uplay about 2 hours in, and I've not experienced this on the console games.

Locust

So Splinter Cell Conviction got removed but the Deluxe Edition is still available?

Not sure if I want to pick this up before it gets removed completely or not. I really have come to loathe Ubisoft games on PC (but, coincidentally, love them on consoles)
Did it really get removed recently? I thought it's been deluxe only for some time now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, AC2 also had it's normal edition retired a long time ago.

jshackles

Did it really get removed recently? I thought it's been deluxe only for some time now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, AC2 also had it's normal edition retired a long time ago.

Good to know. For the reasons stated above, I'll probably just pick it up on PS3 at some point anyway.

jshackles

We talking AC or SC?
SC Conviction never came to the PS3.

Ah, did not know that. Welp, guess I'll probably skipping it completely then.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Every. Single. Time.
I start Blacklist, it goes OH HAI UPDATE YOU HAVE 1.03 LEMME GRAB 1.02 OH HAI UPDATE YOU HAVE 1.02 LEMME GRAB 1.03
Every. Single. Time.

you could just get the "steam" version, you know :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why am I reading on the Mortal Kombat X region lock thread that High Voltage is making the PC port? Why?(if true) ;__;

Jawmuncher

I thought they were just doing the last gen versions?

I'm looking through the thread and I don't see any confirmation. I know that HV is working on the last gen ports.

Why am I reading on the Mortal Kombat X region lock thread that High Voltage is making the PC port? Why?(if true) ;__;

Their website lists PC
http://www.high-voltage.com/games.htm
Mortal Kombat X
Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Platform: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Publisher: Warner Bros
Date: April 14, 2015

-----------------

They apparently did MK9 and Injustice PC ports as well.
Unsure how those were.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Their website lists PC
http://www.high-voltage.com/games.htm
Mortal Kombat X
Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Platform: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Publisher: Warner Bros
Date: April 14, 2015

-----------------

They apparently did MK9 and Injustice PC ports as well.
Unsure how those were.

XizZBqW.jpg

From this post it seems to go to the High Voltage stuff.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...#post156005317

I really hope they are not working on the PC version.
What's the problem with them? the other ports were fine, besides horrible netcode.

Yeah. I hope the netcode is improved overall, otherwise it's not going to be a game you want to play online.
Well, one of the devs said the game is going to be region locked, online wise :(

Also thanks to JaceC for the radium giveaway a few pages back.

The game is pretty fun. Great control mechanic for a puzzle game.

Check it out GAF, its pretty good.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I vaguely remember the netcode being bad being blamed on how Steam itself handles match making. Or SteamWorks I guess.

Do any fighting games on Steam have good netcode? The one and only time I tried MK9s, it was a real shitshow of constantly dropped matches and it being impossible to match up with friends. Do the Street Fighter games fare better?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I vaguely remember the netcode being bad being blamed on how Steam itself handles match making. Or SteamWorks I guess.

Do any fighting games on Steam have good netcode? The one and only time I tried MK9s, it was a real shitshow of constantly dropped matches and it being impossible to match up with friends. Do the Street Fighter games fare better?

Mortal Kombat netcode was shit on consoles too.
Injustice netcode is also crap on all systems
SF4 is crappy but more manageable than MK on all systems
KOF13 was apparently better on PC but still awful.
Skullgirls is decent on all systems.

Nabs

Skullgirls has the best netcode around. Lethal League is right behind it. They both use GGPO through Steam.

Street Fighter has issues (across the board), but it's light years ahead of MK. MK is just unplayable online. SF gets bad when someone doesn't have their ports forwarded, but it's still significantly better than MK/Injustice. I think I've played two ranked online matches between those two games, it's just bad.

KOF13 supposedly has much better netcode than the console versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom