• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
omg, you're alive!!!! O_O

if only there was something like a list... maybe a friends list, on some client with a chat where you could see me every day... nah thats fucking crazy talk

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
if only there was something like a list... maybe a friends list, on some client with a chat where you could see me every day... nah thats fucking crazy talk

oh shut up!! ;) besides - steam chat sucks donkey balls, everyone knows that

tmarg

Wow, this guy doesn't want to sell his domain that he's not doing anything with. How greedy.

I'm sure valve are fine with it at this point, their current website is too entrenched to change it now, and if steam.com went on the market they'd have to overpay for it to keep it away from scammers.

tmarg

Good point, but can you be sued for cybersquatting if you purchased the domain before a company uses the name?

I have no idea how old this website is.

I doubt you could for steam.com either way, any single dictionary word .com domain is pretty valuable at this point without considering the steam platform.

Fantomena asked me to tell you that hes been banned for 1 week. I dont know any details, im just the mensenger

does fantomena have a twitter or something where he lets readers know what review keys he has obtained? this is going to be a long week otherwise.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Note to self: become YouTube personality, sell out, and become above reproach.

Also, as a heads-up, be careful passing along too many messages from banned users. It can be seen as trying to circumvent a ban.

madjoki

Good point, but can you be sued for cybersquatting if you purchased the domain before a company uses the name?

I don't think so, unless you tried to profit of it.

It's chance that domain owner is not willing to take. (Valve is not only one to have steam as a trademark).

Uraizen

Banned
At least in Injustice I sometimes get a small time where I feel on time even if short. Mortal Kombat online is nightmare material.

In Injustice I usually get games that run at half the framerate. =\ That's assuming I can even get a game going with a friend. At least playing as Shazam, even in delay, is fun.

EDIT: Wait, if you play fighters, what's your steam name? You should be on my list.

ship level in HM2

224n76X.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In Injustice I usually get games that run at half the framerate. =\ That's assuming I can even get a game going with a friend. At least playing as Shazam, even in delay, is fun.

EDIT: Wait, if you play fighters, what's your steam name? You should be on my list.

Here

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0A971E87389497B2 - Taken by Bayonetta

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I have no idea how old this website is.

Fun fact: Quake Live was originally Quake Zero, but unsurprisingly the domain name was already taken and it was decided to just change the name as opposed to pay out the bloke who was sitting on the domain. Quake Live makes more sense, anyway, considering it's basically just a reskinned Quake 3.

Putting that
airplane crash flashback
in Metro: Last Light and it's amazing atmosphere made for such a memorable moment. That scene is tragic.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Halp I had the game and I cant put it on modbot and when I look at the Modbot thread I dont find what Im looking for to either return key or being able to give it away.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up Far Cry 4's recently released DLC: Valley of the Yetis.

capsule_467x181.jpg

It was decent enough.

-I really liked the new area. The snowy environment was a nice change of pace from the two maps in the main game. I had actually expected the main game to have something more along these lines rather than pushing all the snowy segments into linear levels throughout the campaign. When I was driving the snowmobile to the final mission in the DLC there was a pretty heavy snowstorm going on and it made for very neat atmosphere as I flew across the terrain.

-The yetis are pretty stupid. They have the same AI as bears. They just charge you and if you shoot them enough they try to cover their head. It doesn't make for interesting fights. I would have preferred them to actually stalk you a bit instead of just charging at you the second they become aware of your presence. You know, like a yeti probably would if they actually existed and were like all the myths people have created about them over the years.

-The player progression is kind of weird. You start off really limited and the first couple fights can be a bit frustrating, but once you break out into the overworld the money and skill points come flying in at an absurd rate. It wasn't uncommon for me to notice I was able to craft something only to find I could actually craft 3-4 different things all from just a 10 minute span of gameplay. I kind of liked how silly the rate of progression was, but it wasn't very rewarding. It probably would have benefitted from a unique skill tree and dropping the crafting all together rather than using the pre-existing system with a developers finger pressing down the fast-forward button.

-The campaign setup is a bit lame and repetitive. There are five nights of holding the fort type missions and the other story missions are just fetch quests. The side quests are just fetch quests as well. I understand budget limitations exist with DLC, but I think they could have done a bit better here, especially since this is the crown jewel of the season pass.

If you liked the main game I'd recommend this when it drops below the 5$ price point. If you didn't like the main game it won't change your mind.

Maniac

Banned
Here's a review from the tail end of 2013; haven't port-forwarded in a while, so not able to speak to that.
http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-rt-ac68u-dual-band-wireless-ac1900-gigabit-router/
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is also very good. I'd go with either this or the Asus RTAC68U above.
Well, the store I bought my old one in had a Nighthawk. And they'd given me the option of a refund, a replacement router or an upgrade where I pay the difference.

So now I have a Nighthawk X4. It's a thing of beauty and is working brilliantly. Cheers for the help you two :)

... I'm glad they didn't have the Asus one. It would've been impossible for me to decide!

-MD-

It took some guy in the OT 5 hours and 45 minutes to complete!

Took me 35 too...

Did it for real lol? I'm on like mission 16 with 3 hours played. The ship level was actually easy for me, the one after (Roller Mobster level?) was definitely harder.

Maniac

Banned
Fantomena asked me to tell you that hes been banned for 1 week. I dont know any details, im just the mensenger

You're still around, eh?
man, everyone in that banhammered Angry Joe Builds a New PC thread is hating on the new Area 51 case

... that's my new case too =(

(in my defense, I actually managed to get my work to pay for my new home PC for me, and I could get anything I wanted as long as it was a Dell. So... Area 51 w/ 16 gigs of ram, GTX980 it is!)

Holy shitballs where do you work and can I please have a job?

:p

abracadaver

Um, is it possible that I somehow can see the uncensored zombie army trilogy on the german marketplace?

I remember visiting the store page a few days ago and I think the game was called Zombie Army Trilogy DE. Right now I'm not seeing any DE and there is no notice about the game being censored?

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Synonymy -- MB-B684EB21BAF5BFCE - Taken by Bayonetta

puzzle game with words

Zeeman

I won an anonymous mystery gift a couple of days ago, but it appears the code is for DLC for a game I don't own, so I don't actually know what it is, nor can I activate it. Here it is, in case someone else has better luck: 6R3XR-7CWB3-9GNVL

Oh hey! I just found zkylon in the comments of a YouTube video. Small world.

I mean it was a Giant Bomb panel, so I guess it's not that small of a world. Either way: I agree that it's nice to have a bunch of different personalities on the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom