• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't grow up on Metallica, I've listen to all 3 unforgiven tracks. I love 2, but I did like 3
Lashman's talking about the mastering of the track. You know about the whole "loudness war" thing, right? In GH 3 the songs don't sound horrendous because they had to be rebuilt from the original stem tracks.

AHA-Lambda

Playing through Dying Light currently (making my way through that backlog!) and am about half way through the campaign (I'm just critical pathing it though, it's pretty average tbh, already getting repetitive. Don't know why it seemed to get such a good reception) but my god the season pass for this is awful!

I hadn't appreciated this at first cos my copy of the game came with it actually, but it's on sale for £20 and contains 2 extra quarantine zones (which is nothing, they're basically 10 minute long side missions), some extra skins and weapons and an extra multiplayer mode.

That is probably the worst season pass I've seen to date, certainly can't think of a worse one!

Cth

In other news, I've spent about three hours cleaning my email. I've deleted over 12k unread emails. (atleast 16k in total, mind.)

Yay productivity!

Edit: The final tally is in! 16846 emails deleted. Today was a good day.

I'm sitting on 60155 at the moment.

Back when I had a full time job, on boring days I'd tackle the inbox.

I had it down to 400 once, then I got laid off.

AHA-Lambda

Konami going to Konami.

The castlevania facebook page states that the castlevania games are today's daily deal.
But it's not cos it's super meat boy, and there is no discount applied at all =/

AHA-Lambda

Maybe its like indiegala and will be tomorrow?

Post even states it's today and tomorrow.

11102637_10152672565226689_2275625350634681399_n.jpg

Turfster

Fucking DST got me coming and going.
Daily Super Meat Boy 75% off

Daily Indie Game has Tank Universal for a 1$ minimum

Gamersgate has Bound by Flames 75% off

Amazon has the Retroism Classics for 7.27$ (Physical)

Dungeon Warfare keys now available for Groupees BAGB 19
No Turning Back keys now available for Groupees BAGB 19

MadGear

.... I am okay with this. While they could improve in LOTF2, they had 3 perfectly great Souls games to study for LOTF1 and they failed on that attempt so I wouldn't have much faith.

Well as far as I understand it Deck13 just lost the publishing rights but the developer CI Games is already working on the sequel. Its supposed to release in 2017 so they have plenty of time to improve on their take on the Souls-formula.

Dsyndrome

Trying to decide between PoE and LiS Episode 2 today, how long does the episode take? I need to see this big ordeal everyone's talking about.

zkylon

zkylewd
j8bDLu6.jpg

zZTyGTf.jpg

I ... just .... ummm ... WHAT?!?

in what way is that bit of text SO INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE?!? O_O
could someone please explain that to me?

sleeping with a trans person being reason for suicide is pretty offensive

i agree with the twitter thingie, probably should've changed it

also it's totally unfunny

josh already said on twitter they'll look into it

not really obs fault since it's just some random backer making a bad joke, but yeah...

I think it's something a bard in the game could sing, it's in rhyme and fits the setting of a crpg, I can totally imagine a bard in a tavern signing it. I don't find it offensive myself.

ExoSoul

Banned

Why does everyone assume it was a tran? Could just as easily be a very good cross dresser but I guess that wouldn't be as apealling to defend.

And why does everyone got to be ok with trans just because it's 2015? I swear, sometimes it seems society has reached puberty but I guess that's what happens when everyone is suddenly given a voice.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's something a bard in the game could sing, it's in rhyme and fits the setting of a crpg, I can totally imagine a bard in a tavern signing it. I don't find it offensive myself.
how does it fit the setting?

edit: what i mean is, you're probably getting to that it's a medieval setting and so in the middle ages ppl didn't like lgtb people or whatever, but it's not really a medieval realistic setting so no such "societal conventions" or whatever really exist. it's 100% up to obs.

something similar came up with new vegas when people complained that it seemed to have a lot more gay characters than what's normally seen in rpgs. people said that it's set in the 50s! in the 50s people hated the gays!

but in reality fallout new vegas takes place around 2077 or some shit in a vastly different world from our own that only takes 50s shit for inspiration, while at the same time having giant mantises and robots and plasma guns and zombies and shit. it's a fantasy world, like mass effect or skyrim or whatever, and the rules about gender equality or whatever are 100% up to the developer to make up as they wish. if they wanted to make people hate gays it could've been fine as long as it was a setting decision, but not based on the 50s inspirations they had for the music, and vault boy, and shit.

it's a lot more understandable when something like mount & blade which tries to mirror the real world pretty closely, has actually big gender differences. they tie it to their gameplay and actually make the game a lot more interesting to play as a woman that if it were the same as you get to see another face of the world you're playing

Why does everyone assume it was a tran? Could just as easily be a very good cross dresser but I guess that wouldn't be as apealling to defend.

And why does everyone got to be ok with trans just because it's 2015? I swear, sometimes it seems society has reached puberty but I guess that's what happens when everyone is suddenly given a voice.
i don't understand this post?

should i not be ok with transgender people?

should trans people not have a voice?

i'm sure that's not what you're saying but whatever

also wouldn't be much different if it was cross dressing, it's a bad, offensive joke. i'm generally fine with offensive stuff as long as it's funny since i can see the value in it and hopefully the person offended does too, but since this is some 1960s quality humor not so much

ExoSoul

Banned

Its the kind of joke that has always flown around and honestly I don't expect it to end so soon.

Did you know that in the olden days a southwestern European man would be joked that he slept with a man if he had layed with a northwestern woman due to their jawlines? This sort of thing still happens today and comes from one individuals view on beauty.

also wouldn't be much different if it was cross dressing, it's a bad, offensive joke. i'm generally fine with offensive stuff as long as it's funny since i can see the value in it and hopefully the person offended does too, but since this is some 1960s quality humor not so much

You should but you shouldn't expect everyone to be as much at ease with it as you are.

Not that they shouldn't have a voice but let's admit that there's some overprotective defenders of minorities out there, and people who don't see the whole picture that end up empowering them.

You know the saying "a joke is always gonna be offensive, depends on which side you're on"? Ok, maybe taking it to the point of suicide is a bit too much, I'll give you that but the rest is not that big of a deal.

Because crossdressing is a choice of action, and being trans is not. It's a fucking stupid equivalence. And I would still roll my eyes at it regardless.

What the fuck isn't there to be ok with? It doesn't impact you at all, so why would you not be ok with it unless you actively want to be a jerk? What basis is there to not be ok without that isn't myopic and selfish?

And feel free to list who shouldn't have a voice if you find the idea of everyone having a voice so disagreeable. It will undoubtedly be fascinating.

Tizoc

To me it read as crossdessing.

Smash88

Banned

not really obs fault since it's just some random backer making a bad joke, but yeah...

lol....

People getting offended by trivial things.

Anteater

it is offensive but the joke is that the dude killed himself over it :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Its the kind of joke that has always flown around and honestly I don't expect it to end so soon.

Did you know that in the olden days a southwestern European man would be joked that he slept with a man if he had layed with a northwestern woman due to their jawlines? This sort of thing still happens today and comes from one individuals view on beauty.
you're talking about europe

pillars of eternity isn't set in europe

refer to my edit here for more

it is offensive but the joke is that the dude killed himself over it :p
i got the joke (you made me read it again tho lol), i'm just saying it's bad

it's like casually saying "that's so gay" or something

it's lame and it's not funny

i'm not even saying the guy who wrote it is a "transmisoginyst" or whatever word that is that i just learned, it's probably not an ill-intentioned joke, but since it's one that'll reach thousands if not (hopefully) millions of people, maybe not the greatest of ideas to have in your game

likewise obs like josh says, they prolly just missed it, and should just talk to the backer and see about putting in something else.

Maniac

Banned

I think it's a funny joke.

And in no way is it indicated it's a transgendered person. Could easily be a crossdresser. And it fits the setting since... Crossdressers have been around for hundreds of years. :eek:

And good humour is offensive. There's a reason Carlin, CK and Gervais are masters of comedy.

MUnited83

For you.

Is this a real post

Well, that escalated quickly.

Hopefully Obsidian will remove that, obviously they didn't see it when they were adding backer related stuff to the game.

And yes, it's offensive.

ExoSoul

Banned
you're talking about europe

pillars of eternity isn't set in europe

refer to my edit here for more

It was just an example for Christ sake, if you wanna take it that far there's multiple races in PoE, I wouldn't put it past me if some considered the females of another race manly by their standards.

Is this a real post

Yes, I personally have no problem with it but taking the fact there's people that consider anyone who does anything other than missionary a pervert I can see how in this day there would be people who aren't comfortable with the idea of a transsexuals.

I'm not trying to defend their view, just acknowledging them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of comfypucks, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (comfypucks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-0D87C921F98AA831 - Taken by Madn. 89 entrants total.

t1427697040z1.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Jesus Christ, how dare people find a joke about trans people offensive. It's almost as if discrimination against trans people is extremely prevalent in our society and trans people are disproportionately driven to suicide. No, you don't have to be okay with trans people if you don't want to, but that would mean that you're a bigot.

ExoSoul

Banned
Jesus Christ, how dare people find a joke about trans people offensive. It's almost as if discrimination against trans people is extremely prevalent in our society and trans people are disproportionately driven to suicide. No, you don't have to be okay with trans people if you don't want to, but that would mean that you're a bigot.

You mean to say bigots don't exist these days? I simply find the idea that suddenly everyone is fine with everything very childish.

Maniac

Banned
Is this a real post

A lot of people aren't. And that's... Perfectly normal, really. Nothing in the world is recognised as perfectly normal and OK by everyone

And... That's not really a problem. A person doesn't have to like it, but they can't do anything about it either.

Mind you, I'm all for people being whoever they are, but for the love of god lets not get our panties in a twist because of some run-of-the-mill, offensive dark humour.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Hopefully Obsidian will remove that, obviously they didn't see it when they were adding backer related stuff to the game.

And yes, it's offensive.

It's also funny and in no way a personal attack on anyone.

Take a fucking chill-pill.

Someone not liking the whole trans-thing does not make them a bigot.

Doing something about it, being an ass about it is, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol....

People getting offended by trivial things.
thanks for your shitty input

You should but you shouldn't expect everyone to be as much at ease with it as you are.
should still demand it tho

people not being at ease with "minorities" or whatever is strictly their problem. gay people shouldn't be understanding of the people harassing them, that's awful

Not that they shouldn't have a voice but let's admit that there's some overprotective defenders of minorities out there, and people who don't see the whole picture that end up empowering them.
there's people that take it to the extreme on everything

there's people that's gonna take this as an attack on obsidian and classic rpgs or whatever

it's up to sensible people like u and me to see the difference and say "ok, obs made a mistake, backer guy made a mistake, let's fix it and move on with our lives"

You know the saying "a joke is always gonna be offensive, depends on which side you're on"? Ok, maybe taking it to the point of suicide is a bit too much, I'll give you that but the rest is not that big of a deal.
i disagree, and it's not the same making a joke in a private manner than it is in media where it's available for millions of people. when you think it that way then there's a lot of people that's gonna find it offensive and who you should be thinking about

And good humour is offensive. There's a reason Carlin, CK and Gervais are masters of comedy.
i agree (tho i don't like ck but w/e i'm a softie), but there's a different between ricky gervais and daniel tosh or whatever. offensive != funny, tho offensive can often be funny.

whether it's funny or not i guess that depends on the person, i don't think the backer joke is either ricky gervais funny or daniel tosh shit. if you find it funny or not that's up to each so it's no biggie if you think it's funny.

i don't, which is why i'd rather it be replaced with something else. people don't get offended, backer still gets to have his mark on the game, everybody's happy

It was just an example for Christ sake, if you wanna take it that far there's multiple races in PoE, I wouldn't put it past me if some considered the females of another race manly by their standards.
is that in the game?

because if it's not then it's just you forcing your views on it, and has nothing to do with the world of eternity

for all i know females being manly could be a desirable trait in the world of eternity

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, I think the general tone of the last page has shown that this is not going to be a productive venue to have this conversation. My advice would be that either a reset in terms of tone and approach or moving the conversation somewhere else would be good choices to make right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom