• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amazon's system requires that a date be input, so lacking a confirmed date one will be made up.

Yeah, but Amazon's placeholders are, at least in my experience, invariably the last day of a given month. I think the date isn't so much a placeholder as it is the result of a miscommunication.

It seems they do it for the lulz. You're talking about the PS4 massive success one?
Yes, and it happens very often. One person makes thread with obvious question as title and flimsy OP, and the thread is filled with people saying the same thing over and over again with little meaningful discussions.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes, Steam gaf is more off-topic than off-topic :p

It's a community* effect. Many prolific posters really only post/spend time in the Steam thread, so it is second nature to always discuss issues in a familiar setting instead of foreign threads; especially those in OT.

Yeah, but Amazon's placeholders are, at least in my experience, invariably the last day of a given month. I think the date isn't so much a placeholder as it is the result of a miscommunication.

Ah I see, either way more previously console exclusive games on Steam is a good thing.

*not the GAF community subforum.

ExoSoul

Banned
Why do people feel the need to ask extremely obvious questions in gaming side? What a waste of threads!
How some people manage to survive is beyond me, on the other hand they must be constantly amazed by the world around them and the questions/answers it raises.

Miguel81

Yes, and it happens very often. One person makes thread with obvious question as title and flimsy OP, and the thread is filled with people saying the same thing over and over again with little meaningful discussions.

I'm guessing the OP was juniored for that thread since his other recent posts seem rather harmless. He never even posted again after making it.

Maniac

Banned
Just another day Down Under

tumblr_nd54elXpKd1tq9q5vo1_400.gif

What intrigues me the most about kangaroos is just how strong their tails are, and how they basically use them as a third leg... It's... Kind of... Well, unrealistic-looking. :p
Now i've jumped from the 360 to PC i will no doubt pick them up at some point. Just a sucker for sales when they hit.

We all are! ;)

Chariot

What intrigues me the most about kangaroos is just how strong their tails are, and how they basically use them as a third leg... It's... Kind of... Well, unrealistic-looking. :p
3mtgayT.gif

Kangaroos are scary in general. Like everything else that comes from hell.

Dr Dogg

i want that shower with dad game

reminds me of when i was a child

voted yes

I don't think it's going to get enough attention sadly. Now if it was Shower With My Two Dads and get Greg Evigan and Paul Rissler's licences for likeness it would go places.

You think yourself so clever, but I was seriously asking. For attention? For teh lulz? Either way, it's pretty stupid.

That guy's thread history is full of questions holy shit!

Hahaha well in a world where Let Me Google That For you exists one reason is that some folks are a little to lazy to do any research on the subject or topic they are curious about. I get that some topics are worth discussing on a group level with participant you want to get their take or own experience first hand in a way you can discuss with them ala two way communication but sometimes the first thought that creeps in to some folks head is 'hey why don't I ask this here instead of inform myself' and then when they get their easy answer they reply 'ok you can close this thread now'. Happens the 'tinterweb over not just GAF or other communities. Combine that with the other examples you listed or some others like just wanting some form of interaction or acknowledgement there's plenty of reasons I can think why.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't by asking this in itself an extremely obvious question :p

Mines rhetorical hence the lack of a question mark!

Without a question mark it's not a question rhetorical or not.

You think yourself so clever, but I was seriously asking. For attention? For teh lulz? Either way, it's pretty stupid.

That guy's thread history is full of questions holy shit!

What thread prompted this conversation?

Dr Dogg

While we're on the subject what constitutes an obvious question to ask on Gaming side? Sure GAF is an enthusiast forum but the level of knowledge between posters is quite wide. Some are fountains of knowledge while others are just getting their toes wet on the vast array of topics discussed here.

Without a question mark it's not a question rhetorical or not.

D'oh! I bow to your grammatical greatness.

90% of that person's thread titles are well known established facts (so asking is pointless), or clearly have no definitive answers and sound awful lot like clickbaits, it's pretty bad.

Name and shame Atraveller!

90% of that person's thread titles are well known established facts (so asking is pointless), or clearly have no definitive answers and sound awful lot like clickbaits, it's pretty bad.
What is making the PS4 a massive success?

Oh, well dude's juniored now so no more questions. Hope you're happy!

Ozium

better than the topic questions in off-topic tbqh:

I just cut my finger and I'm bleeding really badly, what do I do?

I feel like I am having chest pains, is it serious GAF?

Has anyone here ever tried tasting their own poop?

etc.

While we're on the subject what constitutes an obvious question to ask on Gaming side? Sure GAF is an enthusiast forum but the level of knowledge between posters is quite wide. Some are fountains of knowledge while others are just getting their toes wet on the vast array of topics discussed here.

Oh, well dude's juniored now so no more questions. Hope you're happy!
You don't have to be an industry expert to know some of them are unanswerable, others, well, are just clickbaits like they're from some gaming news outlets.

That Kaos guy is pretty bad too.
better than the topic questions in off-topic tbqh:

I just cut my finger and I'm bleeding really badly, what do I do?

I feel like I am having chest pains, is it serious GAF?

Has anyone here ever tried tasting their own poop?

etc.
At least they usually result in something amusing, fun to read. Unlike those gaming side threads.

Dr Dogg

That one is hilarious though. Some people's arguments are very strange, especially from Europaens. Xbox Defense Force and american patriots are holding back strangely enough.

Threads like those do get a few people stating their own opinion as commonly held fact. I'm not too keen on an XO due to it having next to nothing that I'm interested in, exclusives might get a PC port later down the line and multiplats will be better on my PC. Does this apply for everyone? No hence why it's not really worth the input in a thread like that unless the topic of the thread was 'Why haven't you bought a XO?' and still then it's not something I'm that interested in discussing.

LOL at this discussion. Discussion.

Well the OP set the stage of the thread by posing that question and saying.
Not trying to start a flame war, just interested in discussing the needs of the current market.
And then never posted in the thread again. That seems to me more of a 'dance puppets, dance!' vibe to me that wanting a discussion.

Chariot

Threads like those do get a few people stating their own opinion as commonly held fact. I'm not too keen on an XO due to it having next to nothing that I'm interested in, exclusives might get a PC port later down the line and multiplats will be better on my PC. Does this apply for everyone? No hence why it's not really worth the input in a thread like that unless the topic of the thread was 'Why haven't you bought a XO?' and still then it's not something I'm that interested in discussing.
Pretty much.
But I still get some fun out of those. I mean, there were multiple people who stated that Xbox is lacking piracy is the reason it didn't go well in Europe and one guy claimed "Europaens" would actively boycotting american products. Lot's of fun, give it a read when you want to have some chuckles.

Oh.. you didn't bite =x

Why is France excluded tho? xD
:x
I am german and some of my best friends in my youth were nationalistic aligned, I am quite aware that Europe isn't a country :D

And France... France... France is France.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The tournament co-op mission in Unity is frustrating as hell solo. I can't say I'm surprised that Ubi developed an excuse to bring back flag collecting.

Ozium

aren't we due for a new AssCreed game leak any day now?

I mean.. Rogue and Unity are out, and E3 is a few months away and there's been nothing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom